First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Popular animes and weird drawing styles
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 4/22/14
I have noticed that the animes that are popular recently have weird style of drawing.

The funny thing is, the anime with the worst drawing of the season is like the most popular one

Ones I'm referring to: Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Now, every time I see an anime with that kind of drawing, I start to assume it will become popular.
40329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 4/22/14
Kill la Kill's animation isn't really something "new" perse, but i would assume that they become popular because they are different.

Well, Aku no Hana might be too different haha
61628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/14 , edited 4/22/14
Kyousougiga had a different art style, yet it's a fairly unknown and vastly under appreciated anime.
314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Nowhere Islands
Offline
Posted 4/22/14
I don't agree that any of those shows have bad aesthetics. If anything they're more unique and memorable because of it. Not every show has to have the same art style/character design as everybody else.
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 4/22/14
Some animes have worse drawing than the original (manga or light novel)

Try comparing flowers of evil manga and anime
19163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Hawaii, that isla...
Offline
Posted 4/22/14
It took me awhile to get used to Kill la Kill, I almost dropped it because the art style was so odd.
Posted 4/22/14 , edited 3/5/15
Unique, or fairly unique, is better than the blob years.

This isn't a book - I'm fine with people missing out on a show because it doesn't appeal to them visually. I, personally, have an aversion for things that look generic.
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 4/22/14 , edited 4/22/14
I'm okay with an anime having a unique aesthetic. It keeps things fresh and different. I'm not one of those rabbid nazi attack on titan fanboys, but what's bad about the art? If anything it had fantastic art. Far, far from bad. I can't help but feel you're mixing up 'different' with 'terrible'.
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 4/22/14

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

I'm okay with an anime having a unique aesthetic. It keeps things fresh and different. I'm not one of those rabbid nazi attack on titan fanboys, but what's bad about the art? If anything it had fantastic art. Far, far from bad. I can't help but feel you're mixing up 'different' with 'terrible'.


I'm into moe so aesthetics are important to me. I can't really find any moe characters in those styles. Like AoT has thick outlines. And the characters in those animes are all average looking. And in most of the ones I watch, nobody is ugly.
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 4/22/14 , edited 3/5/15

FkYouBish wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

I'm okay with an anime having a unique aesthetic. It keeps things fresh and different. I'm not one of those rabbid nazi attack on titan fanboys, but what's bad about the art? If anything it had fantastic art. Far, far from bad. I can't help but feel you're mixing up 'different' with 'terrible'.


I'm into moe so aesthetics are important to me. I can't really find any moe characters in those styles. Like AoT has thick outlines. And the characters in those animes are all average looking. And in most of the ones I watch, nobody is ugly.


So yeah, you're mixing up different with bad. Why does every anime have to look moe? You make it sound like having variety is a bad thing. 'Everyone must be attractive or it's bad' is a mindset I just can't get behind.
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 4/22/14

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

So yeah, you're mixing up different with bad. Why does every anime have to look moe? You make it sound like having variety is a bad thing. 'Everyone must be attractive or it's bad' is a mindset I just can't get behind.


But that's the whole point of moe. No such thing as ugly girls in animes. That's why I prefer 2D over 3D. I'm not interested in a girl in reality unless she's a mega otaku like myself
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 4/22/14 , edited 3/5/15

FkYouBish wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

So yeah, you're mixing up different with bad. Why does every anime have to look moe? You make it sound like having variety is a bad thing. 'Everyone must be attractive or it's bad' is a mindset I just can't get behind.


But that's the whole point of moe. No such thing as ugly girls in animes. That's why I prefer 2D over 3D. I'm not interested in a girl in reality unless she's a mega otaku like myself


And literally NONE of those shows you mentioned are meant to be moe so why are you complaining!?
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 4/22/14

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:


FkYouBish wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

So yeah, you're mixing up different with bad. Why does every anime have to look moe? You make it sound like having variety is a bad thing. 'Everyone must be attractive or it's bad' is a mindset I just can't get behind.


But that's the whole point of moe. No such thing as ugly girls in animes. That's why I prefer 2D over 3D. I'm not interested in a girl in reality unless she's a mega otaku like myself


And literally NONE of those shows you mentioned are meant to be moe so why are you complaining!?


Attack on Titan -- I dunno, that Moe Titan sure looked intentional.
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 4/22/14 , edited 3/5/15

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

And literally NONE of those shows you mentioned are meant to be moe so why are you complaining!?


I'm just pointing out the jinx, not complaining. I wasn't saying anything like they shouldn't exist or anything
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 4/22/14

FkYouBish wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

And literally NONE of those shows you mentioned are meant to be moe so why are you complaining!?


I'm just pointing out the jinx, not complaining. I wasn't saying anything like they shouldn't exist or anything


What do you mean 'the jinx'? Jinxing something means 'to bring bad luck'. Do you mean the 'correlation'?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.