First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply GameStop is closing 120 stores
5285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
New york.
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
GameStop is closing 120 stores. They're gonna focus more on mobile devices (Ipads, Iphones, ETC~)



Basically, they want to drop some weight, & reach out to other gaming (& tech) fields.

How does this make you feel? Are you happy at this news?

Are you sad that people will lose their jobs?

Do you agree with their game plan?

Is one of your gamestop stores going to close?!

Posted 4/24/14
No! How the hell am I going to buy my games now!? I don't like any mobile games and I don't think any of us wants this to happen. I do not agree with this because not everybody is a fan of mobile gaming including tablets.
1309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
I used to really like GameStop, but then I got addicted to steam. GameStop's prices are too high for me now.
4014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
Gamestop, that's a funny way to spell Steam.
28136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
Mobile games suck anyways....why is Japan so obsessed with them if the quality is so terrible?
56311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
What's a Gamestop? Must have been one of those new things that popped up while I was in the Amazon, it was really hot and Steam...y...
14223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Basement, The...
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
I haven't really cared about the brick and mortar retailers for quite a while. As long as I can get the collectors editions I want delivered and better deals online there's no reason to.
21433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M
Online
Posted 4/24/14
So?
If the market can't support their business plan, then it's either trim the losing outlets or go completely under.
Happens all the time.
2501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
I don't mind... I mean, I buy most of my games in Amazon and Best Buy
11395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Spokane, WA
Offline
Posted 4/24/14

wisdomwearsprada wrote:

No! How the hell am I going to buy my games now!? I don't like any mobile games and I don't think any of us wants this to happen. I do not agree with this because not everybody is a fan of mobile gaming including tablets.


First off, they're only closing 120-130 stores out of the total 6,500 they own right now. It's a pretty small chance that they are closing your specific store, so you might just want to check in w/ them for they might possibly not be one of them.
9566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / England
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
Well I'm definitely not interested in mobile games. They can make for some goofy time killers but that's about it. I prefer proper releases on my PC or PS3. I don't even have a Gamestop near me so it's not like it really affects me that much, anyway. Yeah I guess it's a shame that people are going to lose their jobs. I don't feel anything on a personal level since I don't know any of them, but I hope they can find something else. God knows over here in the UK there isn't anything going.
3673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
I still got Amazon and Steam.
695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / North West Amexem
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
When did Steam become so popular? Like seriously, how many indie games and FPS can you possibly play until enough is enough?

Anyhow, that's not enough stores to cause for concern. GameStop will be fine, without them, where am I gonna get my borderline niche soft-loli fanservice?
11395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Spokane, WA
Offline
Posted 4/24/14

Magical-Soul wrote:

When did Steam become so popular? Like seriously, how many indie games and FPS can you possibly play until enough is enough?

Anyhow, that's not enough stores to cause for concern. GameStop will be fine, without them, where am I gonna get my borderline niche soft-loli fanservice?


NOWHERE!!
695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / North West Amexem
Offline
Posted 4/24/14

Lemontitties wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

When did Steam become so popular? Like seriously, how many indie games and FPS can you possibly play until enough is enough?

Anyhow, that's not enough stores to cause for concern. GameStop will be fine, without them, where am I gonna get my borderline niche soft-loli fanservice?


NOWHERE!!


I need mah lolis, so I'll make sure my GameStop stats put...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.