First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Post Reply Sailor Moon: Crystal Anticipation and Discussion
mel823 
7187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 7/5/14

flash-over wrote:




That's a concept I don't think people aren't grasping yet. By the third episode people should realize this show is it's own thing.


I wonder how many fans are going to go ballistic when
in the third episode. I can't wait for their reactions haha


I can't wait for the reactions when they realize how different Rei and Makoto personalities are, but I think people will really lose their sh-t

Jadeite's voice actor sounds familiar, I need to look him up.
4707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States
Online
Posted 7/5/14
Sailor Moon Crystal = Nostalgia Rush!!!
77 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Ohio
Offline
Posted 7/5/14
Sooo....I'm just going to say it....didn't really like this episode...I was bored.....=\...I just kept waiting for my heart to melt...or for me to laugh...or even smile...and I didn't ='[. I was so excited for more sailor moon then....my balloon deflated and excitement didn't exist.
2990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Under your skin.
Online
Posted 7/5/14

mel823 wrote:


flash-over wrote:




That's a concept I don't think people aren't grasping yet. By the third episode people should realize this show is it's own thing.


I wonder how many fans are going to go ballistic when
in the third episode. I can't wait for their reactions haha


I can't wait for the reactions when they realize how different Rei and Makoto personalities are, but I think people will really lose their sh-t

Jadeite's voice actor sounds familiar, I need to look him up.


Rei is completely different in the manga, and rather than sharing that bond with Usagi like in the original anime - in the manga, Rei has that with Minako. People are gonna flip some sh*t haha!

As for Makoto...I think her personalities are pretty much the same from manga - original anime. She's really not that different. Even Ami is quite similar in both incarnations.

Minako again, is different in the manga vs. anime. She's the leader in the manga, the one who knows what to do and is resourceful, but in the original anime she's ditzy and annoying. I much prefer her manga personality.

I too can't wait to see the reactions of people who only watched the anime and then watch Crystal...lol.
26583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 7/5/14
A lot of chatter of mind being blown....hopefully the hype isn't too high and nothing isnt delivered...
mel823 
7187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 7/5/14 , edited 7/5/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


mel823 wrote:


flash-over wrote:




That's a concept I don't think people aren't grasping yet. By the third episode people should realize this show is it's own thing.


I wonder how many fans are going to go ballistic when
in the third episode. I can't wait for their reactions haha


I can't wait for the reactions when they realize how different Rei and Makoto personalities are, but I think people will really lose their sh-t

Jadeite's voice actor sounds familiar, I need to look him up.


Rei is completely different in the manga, and rather than sharing that bond with Usagi like in the original anime - in the manga, Rei has that with Minako. People are gonna flip some sh*t haha!

As for Makoto...I think her personalities are pretty much the same from manga - original anime. She's really not that different. Even Ami is quite similar in both incarnations.

Minako again, is different in the manga vs. anime. She's the leader in the manga, the one who knows what to do and is resourceful, but in the original anime she's ditzy and annoying. I much prefer her manga personality.

I too can't wait to see the reactions of people who only watched the anime and then watch Crystal...lol.


They changed Makoto in anime, at least in the dub they did. Every guy she saw it was "he reminds me of my ex-boyfriend...", and she fell in love with guys really fast. She talked about an ex-boyfriend one time in the manga, but that was it.

I wonder if they're going to keep
2990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Under your skin.
Online
Posted 7/5/14

mel823 wrote:

They changed Makoto in anime, at least in the dub they did. Every guy she saw it was "he reminds me of my ex-boyfriend...", and she fell in love with guys really fast. She talked about an ex-boyfriend one time in the manga, but that was it.


That was the only thing. Everything else from her cooking skills, friendliness, fighting, personality in general...etc. that was pretty much the same as the manga. As in the manga, she was both the most tomboyish and most feminine of the inner senshi at the same time. Always liked her a lot :D

mel823 
7187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 7/5/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


mel823 wrote:

They changed Makoto in anime, at least in the dub they did. Every guy she saw it was "he reminds me of my ex-boyfriend...", and she fell in love with guys really fast. She talked about an ex-boyfriend one time in the manga, but that was it.


That was the only thing. Everything else from her cooking skills, friendliness, fighting, personality in general...etc. that was pretty much the same as the manga. As in the manga, she was both the most tomboyish and most feminine of the inner senshi at the same time. Always liked her a lot :D



I liked her a lot too. Can't wait to get her figurine.

Oh, I did an edit to my last post.
7496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/5/14
I'm not going to lie the art style kind of scared me, but now after watching episode 1 it's really beautiful. The first episode felt a little rush, but so far it's really great. I really like Usagi way more than I thought. The transformation was kind of weird, but I still liked it.
2062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/14

imaginarycreatures wrote:


Tsukinikawatte wrote:


imaginarycreatures wrote:

As far as the CV for Usagi goes...I think its some sort of unwritten rule that, if the original voice actor for a role is still alive, they always gets dibs on the role in the remake




I wonder, if that's the case, why the other 4 inner senshi didn't reprise their roles. I doubt they'd turn it down. At least I think that neway. As far as the henshin, I don't mind it as they said in that last magazine interview that the reason it is what it is is because they intend to shoot the henshins from multiple angles later on.


Well, Tomizawa is mostly retired (granted, she's retired like 5 times already), Fukami hasn't done much of anything anime-wise in recent years, and Shinohara doesn't really do a lot of major roles anymore. I'm really surprised Aya Hisakawa isn't back though; she still does pretty regular work, and her voice isn't very different from back then. Could be contract issues, could be the whim of Takeuchi...could be a lot of things really. I assume most of them had the role offered to them (it would be weird if they didn't, really).



True.
24201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 7/5/14
That first episode was pretty great. Man, Usagi sure is ditzier than i remember haha.

But that was fun.
16104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/14
It's a decent start, but there are some problems.

1. Usagi's voice is pretty bad. Yeah, original VA and all, but she's really nasal and crinkled up.

2. The animation; I liked the 90s retro, but then they throw in modern cel-shaded CGI and effects. Like the poses, too; it feels like two different animation styles mashed in the same cartoon.

3. The episode is pretty compressed. A lot happens in it, and I think it would have been cool to start with a two-parter.

Not that I am not going to religiously watch this every two weeks, but it could have been a little better to start. Right now it gets the job done.
7951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / IL
Offline
Posted 7/5/14
I never watched the original so I didn't go in with any nostalgia grown hype, and wow, this show feels dated. Not that it's a bad thing per say but I just find it funny. You have an over stereotypical nerd that know one likes because glasses, girls who worlds revolve around jewelry, and a meet cute that had a full minute of them staring into each others eyes with a pretty background. I can't say I didn't expect this to a degree but wow. I'm still enjoying it for what it is and will keep watching.
38603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 7/5/14 , edited 7/5/14
A completely undisguised CGI transformation sequence? Come on Toei.

I was wondering if I was the only one annoyed by Usagi's voice, I'm almost never annoyed by Japanese VAs but multiple characters in this show grated on me severely. I also lack the nostalgia factor, so it looks like this wasn't made for me.

/bounces off to find another party
23126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 7/5/14
It always amuses me that no one can recognize each other even though they look exactly the same after the transformations. The old Clark Kent/Superman effect.
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.