First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Tokyo ESP Anticipation and Discussion
4193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 6/1/14
I'm not expecting much from this... I mean I've read the source material and it's decent but nothing really impressive... unless Manglobe can pull off something like what Asread and AIC did for Ga-rei: Zero(I liked Ga-rei: Zero more than Ga-rei manga) but given Manglobe's record I'm not very optimistic about them pulling off something like that.
433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Greed Island
Offline
Posted 6/1/14
Manglobe huh...

Honestly, unless the studio is Toei Animation, I'm always optimistic.
21705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 6/2/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

I don't trust Manglobe with this. Prove me wrong Manglobe but my current opinion of them isn't good.

cay032692 wrote:

Well they have a 2 out of 4 hit with those listed in the OP...so lets say it is a 50 50 odds of proving your right or wrong...I say this are some pretty good odds....for a CASINO!!! haha

MartianMage wrote:

I'm not expecting much from this... I mean I've read the source material and it's decent but nothing really impressive... unless Manglobe can pull off something like what Asread and AIC did for Ga-rei: Zero(I liked Ga-rei: Zero more than Ga-rei manga) but given Manglobe's record I'm not very optimistic about them pulling off something like that.

Greed_III wrote:

Manglobe huh...

Honestly, unless the studio is Toei Animation, I'm always optimistic.


Yesterday's CR article (Site's Summer Preview Lists "Tokyo ESP" Anime Director) report saying the studio would be Manglode was false.

For better or worse, the studio will be Xebec. ("Tokyo ESP" Staff Officially Announced)

Now that new visual got me even more hyped up. I can't wait to see a PV or something.
187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Tokyo
Offline
Posted 6/2/14
Are those Gai-Rei Zero characters in the visual? Alright I'm in.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 6/2/14
Xebec? Thank god.
215231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 6/20/14
New CM is out with some animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Gv1985x2D0

Oh and I noticed I haven't posted my thoughts yet. For me, I think this could be good, but not great. I expect one cour show with fluid animation, action, some fan service, and laughs. (comedy wise). I read the manga awhile ago btw.
29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 6/20/14
The director did the first two seasons of TWGOK (the good ones, in my opinion), so now I'm pretty exited for this one
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/20/14
I hear the manga is pretty decent so I wonder if they'll try to adapt the whole thing or try to cut it.
37920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 6/20/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

I hear the manga is pretty decent so I wonder if they'll try to adapt the whole thing or try to cut it.


Since it's only one-cour at most they'll do half of it because after the first arc

It's the second most anticipated anime of the season for me after Akame.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 6/20/14

TrueGoober wrote:

The director did the first two seasons of TWGOK (the good ones, in my opinion), so now I'm pretty exited for this one


More good news.


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

I hear the manga is pretty decent so I wonder if they'll try to adapt the whole thing or try to cut it.


Leonidas. That is all.
38909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/14
I like Xebec from my limited experience with them, so between this and their original mecha show, I'll be watching both productions they're doing this summer.

The premise lands in my comfort zone, so I'm expecting to like this.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/22/14

AvidReader110 wrote:


Oh awesome! I think I'm going to hold off on reading the manga until after the first cour is over. I don't want this to be like Brynhildr when I read the manga as it's airing and then just get slowly disappointed as the show goes on. I would rather enjoy it and then read the manga afterwards to see the differences.
4995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
Can't wait ..........I did my digging on it & I'm gonna wait till I finish the anime before starting the manga , I hope I'm not disappointed .
37920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 6/22/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Oh awesome! I think I'm going to hold off on reading the manga until after the first cour is over. I don't want this to be like Brynhildr when I read the manga as it's airing and then just get slowly disappointed as the show goes on. I would rather enjoy it and then read the manga afterwards to see the differences.


I like it because as you read the manga it has a lot of references to western media. You'll read one page and then go to the next and then all of a sudden you go "I know that face!". And judging from the visual they've kept that style in.

63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/22/14

AvidReader110 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Oh awesome! I think I'm going to hold off on reading the manga until after the first cour is over. I don't want this to be like Brynhildr when I read the manga as it's airing and then just get slowly disappointed as the show goes on. I would rather enjoy it and then read the manga afterwards to see the differences.


I like it because as you read the manga it has a lot of references to western media. You'll read one page and then go to the next and then all of a sudden you go "I know that face!". And judging from the visual they've kept that style in.



That's what I hear and I hope it all makes it in the anime. And I don't know who Rinka's dad is
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.