First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Tokyo Ghoul Seasons 1 & 2 Anticipation and Discussion
Posted 6/7/14

undead9513 wrote:

The story is good, but Pierrot mmmmm


The only thing they've ever done close to right is Naruto. Even then, you can tell the animators take a day off every other episode lol. Gosh did they ever ruin Beelzebub.
30534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 6/7/14

shuuouma wrote:



Was just about to post the same thing.

I still hope CR can get US rights for this like they have for a few Funi titles, but the chances are very slim.


Depends on who is handling the rights for it. However, considering only Toei and Kodansha are the only two who give shared simulcasts rights it is highly unlikely at this point.
7363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Baltimore, Maryland
Offline
Posted 6/7/14

Tmaxxer wrote:


shuuouma wrote:



Was just about to post the same thing.

I still hope CR can get US rights for this like they have for a few Funi titles, but the chances are very slim.


Depends on who is handling the rights for it. However, considering only Toei and Kodansha are the only two who give shared simulcasts rights it is highly unlikely at this point.


That's what I figured pretty much, though I believe Nobunagun wasn't from either of those companies and it still got a shared simulcast?

Either way, it's unlikely. It'd be nice if it did happen though.
The Wise Wizard
99877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/7/14

shuuouma wrote:

That's what I figured pretty much, though I believe Nobunagun wasn't from either of those companies and it still got a shared simulcast?

Either way, it's unlikely. It'd be nice if it did happen though.

Nogunagun was from YTV, BTW. Funimation doesn't list the publisher, but sometimes CR and Funimation lists different publishers for the same show (i.e., Funimation shows TV Tokyo for Fairy Tail while Funimation shows Kodansha).

The one pattern I've noticed in these shared simulcasts is that there isn't much of a time gap between when Funimation announces they have a series and CR also lets us know they have it. If CR hasn't announced Tokyo Ghoul within about a week, it should be safe to let any hope of it being here drift away.
35775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
Studio Bones needs to pick up stuff like this
30534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 6/8/14 , edited 6/8/14

shuuouma wrote:


Tmaxxer wrote:


shuuouma wrote:



Was just about to post the same thing.

I still hope CR can get US rights for this like they have for a few Funi titles, but the chances are very slim.


Depends on who is handling the rights for it. However, considering only Toei and Kodansha are the only two who give shared simulcasts rights it is highly unlikely at this point.


That's what I figured pretty much, though I believe Nobunagun wasn't from either of those companies and it still got a shared simulcast?

Either way, it's unlikely. It'd be nice if it did happen though.


Seems I completely forgot that Nobunagun was shared between the two. Just shows how good my memory is...
7363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Baltimore, Maryland
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

Tmaxxer wrote:


shuuouma wrote:


Tmaxxer wrote:


shuuouma wrote:



Was just about to post the same thing.

I still hope CR can get US rights for this like they have for a few Funi titles, but the chances are very slim.


Depends on who is handling the rights for it. However, considering only Toei and Kodansha are the only two who give shared simulcasts rights it is highly unlikely at this point.


That's what I figured pretty much, though I believe Nobunagun wasn't from either of those companies and it still got a shared simulcast?

Either way, it's unlikely. It'd be nice if it did happen though.


Seems I completely forgot that Nobunagun was shared between the two. Just shows how good my memory is...


To be fair... that show was quite forgettable. (at least, in my opinion.)
7678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/8/14
Judging from the PV; the show has a lot of elements that I like so far. So far, I can tell Rize Kamishiro and Koutarou Amon are going to be my favorite characters. I really do hope this show doesn't disappoint.
8520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In Your Closet
Offline
Posted 6/20/14
656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Arizona
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
Super excited, even though I know I should be more cautious with my optimism. Looks like the fight scenes are going to be gorgeous, and I'm digging the art we've seen so far. Hope we get to see something of Juuzou soon.

On the less positive side though, I am really, really hoping this doesn't turn out to be one cour. They've shown bits of 70+ chapters and 3-4 arcs worth of content, squeezing all of that into 13 episodes would just be a messy insult. Speaking of messy, I'll echo the hope that they don't censor too heavily. This series has made me cringe and I want it to continue to do so in animated form.



Thanks for the link! Ugh, that song is so gooood ( >w<)
2644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Chillaxin' somewh...
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

MrBubbles wrote:

On the less positive side though, I am really, really hoping this doesn't turn out to be one cour. They've shown bits of 70+ chapters and 3-4 arcs worth of content, squeezing all of that into 13 episodes would just be a messy insult. Speaking of messy, I'll echo the hope that they don't censor too heavily. This series has made me cringe and I want it to continue to do so in animated form.


I second this. I got a little worried too when they've shown some stuff that was wayyyy later in the manga, but I have the hope that it'll be 20+ episodes. If they do it right, they have a enough material to do at leas 20+ episodes without much rush.
Also yes, this would be a pretty dang good horror if they don't censor it, possibly the best horror anime in a long while. Idk, maybe I'm giving Tokyo Ghoul too much praise
656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Arizona
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

Wyvernaa wrote:


MrBubbles wrote:

On the less positive side though, I am really, really hoping this doesn't turn out to be one cour. They've shown bits of 70+ chapters and 3-4 arcs worth of content, squeezing all of that into 13 episodes would just be a messy insult. Speaking of messy, I'll echo the hope that they don't censor too heavily. This series has made me cringe and I want it to continue to do so in animated form.


I second this. I got a little worried too when they've shown some stuff that was wayyyy later in the manga, but I have the hope that it'll be 20+ episodes. If they do it right, they have a enough material to do at leas 20+ episodes without much rush.
Also yes, this would be a pretty dang good horror if they don't censor it, possibly the best horror anime in a long while. Idk, maybe I'm giving Tokyo Ghoul too much praise


I don't know if I'd say the best horror, strictly speaking, as I feel it's more like a shounen with horror elements. Definitely a good manga worthy of praise, though.
638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
Even though I'm excited for AGK, I gotta say I'm looking forward to this anime the most.

It'll be a disservice if this series doesn't get at least 20 episodes.
Posted 6/21/14
I don't know what this is about exactly but the trailer looks awesome. Someone showed me this trailer and Akame ga Kill or something like that. Both look really good.
22233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/24/14
It could be good, but I'm worried about how much gore there will be. I guess I'll have to see for myself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.