First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Hurricane Katrina Racism
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/16/08 , edited 5/16/08

PrincessYume wrote:


drizza wrote:

I am black but everyone is racist including black people and other races. We cannot just say it is only white people because it pisses me off when I see fellow african americans argue with someone of a different race and we always throw the race card at them. If we want racism to end we have to stop this double standard. We cant expect to be racist toward other races but then pout when they throw the race card at us. Also the mainstream media needs to stop blowing up small racist incidents on the tv and just ignore some. Our government is also plays a part because everything is always divide by race example which race goes to jail more often, better at school, etc that all plays a role. Geting rid of these will put a huge dent in racism.


I never throw the race card. But it was thrown at me a couple of times.


Good not you but most blacks do. If you watch movies that usually directed by black people we can easily talk about white people and their problems but lets flip the script and say there is a white movie and they talking about black people you would see Al Sharpton next day crying racism. Same with comedians even though it is comedy some of it is not apporiate because once again we can diss all races in the name of comedy but other races get up in front of black people they have to be extremely carefull about what they say about black people or diss their own race for comedy. Reality TV shows the black guy always make himself looks like the victim and blames the white man. Last example even there is a game called resident evil 5 where it is set in Africa where a white guy is killing black zombies and once again someone got offended and wrote a blog about it and it blew up on the internet. We look like a emtional race doing this type of shit and I dont want to look like a crybaby I want to be seen on the exact same level as every other race. This is the bullshit double standard I am talking about.

The case with hurricane katrina yes I did think our government didnt take care of the people there well at all because if this was in New York or something they would have sent aid immdiately. But what bugs me about it is that in times of need some blacks just cant keep the hood out them and still is participating in gang violence, rape, hell the police was even told to fire at will. I mean this is a time where your city is under water but you still want to keep it gangster.
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 5/16/08

drizza wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


drizza wrote:

I am black but everyone is racist including black people and other races. We cannot just say it is only white people because it pisses me off when I see fellow african americans argue with someone of a different race and we always throw the race card at them. If we want racism to end we have to stop this double standard. We cant expect to be racist toward other races but then pout when they throw the race card at us. Also the mainstream media needs to stop blowing up small racist incidents on the tv and just ignore some. Our government is also plays a part because everything is always divide by race example which race goes to jail more often, better at school, etc that all plays a role. Geting rid of these will put a huge dent in racism.


I never throw the race card. But it was thrown at me a couple of times.


Good not you but most blacks do. If you watch movies that usually directed by black people we can easily talk about white people and their problems but lets flip the script and say there is a white movie and they talking about black people you would see Al Sharpton next day crying racism. Same with comedians even though it is comedy some of it is not apporiate because once again we can diss all races in the name of comedy but other races get up in front of black people they have to be extremely carefull about what they say about black people or diss their own race for comedy. Reality TV shows the black guy always make himself looks like the victim and blames the white man. Last example even there is a game called resident evil 5 where it is set in Africa where a white guy is killing black zombies and once again someone got offended and wrote a blog about it and it blew up on the internet. We look like a emtional race doing this type of shit and I dont want to look like a crybaby I want to be seen on the exact same level as every other race. This is the bullshit double standard I am talking about.


Yeah I understand. But you gotta think about it for a moment. Blacks do this because for so long people would talk shit about them, and people still talk shit about them.

At school this kid was like "I think it's a compliment that you don't look black" and he was white

He also said "It's funny when people talk about black people" I mean seriously how is racist jokes and comments funny?

And when I flipped out on him and crying saying "100 years after slavery and people like you are around talking shit like it's joke" He didn't say sorry at all.

It's just annoying that America seems to be the most backwards country in the world.
1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 5/16/08

drizza wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


drizza wrote:

I am black but everyone is racist including black people and other races. We cannot just say it is only white people because it pisses me off when I see fellow african americans argue with someone of a different race and we always throw the race card at them. If we want racism to end we have to stop this double standard. We cant expect to be racist toward other races but then pout when they throw the race card at us. Also the mainstream media needs to stop blowing up small racist incidents on the tv and just ignore some. Our government is also plays a part because everything is always divide by race example which race goes to jail more often, better at school, etc that all plays a role. Geting rid of these will put a huge dent in racism.


I never throw the race card. But it was thrown at me a couple of times.


Good not you but most blacks do. If you watch movies that usually directed by black people we can easily talk about white people and their problems but lets flip the script and say there is a white movie and they talking about black people you would see Al Sharpton next day crying racism. Same with comedians even though it is comedy some of it is not apporiate because once again we can diss all races in the name of comedy but other races get up in front of black people they have to be extremely carefull about what they say about black people or diss their own race for comedy. Reality TV shows the black guy always make himself looks like the victim and blames the white man. Last example even there is a game called resident evil 5 where it is set in Africa where a white guy is killing black zombies and once again someone got offended and wrote a blog about it and it blew up on the internet. We look like a emtional race doing this type of shit and I dont want to look like a crybaby I want to be seen on the exact same level as every other race. This is the bullshit double standard I am talking about.

The case with hurricane katrina yes I did think our government didnt take care of the people there well at all because if this was in New York or something they would have sent aid immdiately. But what bugs me about it is that in times of need some blacks just cant keep the hood out them and still is participating in gang violence, rape, hell the police was even told to fire at will. I mean this is a time where your city is under water but you still want to keep it gangster.


Dumbass. I've seen plenty of "white comedies" where they poke fun of Blacks(I.e Dogma, Guess Who,Chasing Amy, Ferris Buehler's Day Off, Clerks, Zoolander, South Park, etc) and it never seems to be a problem. Plus it's not like comedians never make fun of Blacks. Dave Chappelle makes fun of Blacks. George Carlin does too(A white man if you will). So did Lewis Black, Carlos Mencia, Chris Rock, etc.Also Al Sharpton bitched about Black comedians, Rappers and "Black sitcoms" who make fun of other blacks s much as he bitched at Imus. It's just as not widely reported in the media as when he bitched at White folks.

Put it in perspective, dude.

1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 5/16/08

Dendetsu wrote:

You know what? I'm black myself, and I saw this coming.

So what if he looted a store or not? Anyone else in that situation would do the same thing, especially if you're almost neck-deep in flood water with no food, clean water, or money.

And, I'm getting tired of this whole "white people are evil" thing. When I go outside, all I see is a bunch of young black men with their entire lives ahead of them just hanging out on the corner complaining about how white people are keeping them from getting a good job, or keeping them from getting in college. I mean, it's pathetic....These young men are out there getting shot and killed for no reason, just because they just gave up on getting a career. I'm not pleased with my race nowadays. It's like the current Black culture turned us into a bunch of retards who don't finish high school, or get pregnant in high school and can't finish because they have a child. I've seen that happen to a lot of people I know. If people in general would stop complaining about race, religion, and all that other bullshit this world will be a better place in general.


Making a blanket statements like"Black youth culture and rap representing all Black people" makes about as much sense as saying "Marilyn Manson, Green Day, Rob Zombie, Punk, and the Gothic and Emo sub-culture represents all white people" Not every White person looks up to Marilyn Manson and support anti-religious and/or anarchist views just like not all Rappers represents all Black people(Especially not the older generation of Blacks,). I'm so tied of people making petty excuses like this. Why on earth does a devil-worshipping band can get away from singing songs about killing babies and forsaking Jesus Chris(Which is as equally insipid as rapping about "Hos" in my opinion)without them having to represent all White people while a Rapper can write songs about Bitches and Hos and they somehow are representative of the Black community by the PC crowd?

Besides the highest sells of mainstream Rap albums are by white kids from surburbia and of course they all came from more stable, well-adjusted families, right? So you can't put all the blame on Rap music for the underacheivement of Black Americans.

6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/16/08
Louisiana is a Southern state. And it is known, back then, that Southern states were predominantly white. And also back then, whites are very racist against blacks, and probably a lot of white residences there still have that same mentality. Racism does anger me, but we can't do anything about it.

And the media does have the tendency to either over-exaggerate or sugarcoat the news.
I don't trust the media completely in the first place. And let's just say, this is part of human life. People are born to be prejudiced. Although it is an inhumane act (refers to first post)), since it is a life and death situation, what can we do about it? Sadly, that's life.

(>.<")
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

QuasimodoSunday wrote:


drizza wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


drizza wrote:

I am black but everyone is racist including black people and other races. We cannot just say it is only white people because it pisses me off when I see fellow african americans argue with someone of a different race and we always throw the race card at them. If we want racism to end we have to stop this double standard. We cant expect to be racist toward other races but then pout when they throw the race card at us. Also the mainstream media needs to stop blowing up small racist incidents on the tv and just ignore some. Our government is also plays a part because everything is always divide by race example which race goes to jail more often, better at school, etc that all plays a role. Geting rid of these will put a huge dent in racism.


I never throw the race card. But it was thrown at me a couple of times.


Good not you but most blacks do. If you watch movies that usually directed by black people we can easily talk about white people and their problems but lets flip the script and say there is a white movie and they talking about black people you would see Al Sharpton next day crying racism. Same with comedians even though it is comedy some of it is not apporiate because once again we can diss all races in the name of comedy but other races get up in front of black people they have to be extremely carefull about what they say about black people or diss their own race for comedy. Reality TV shows the black guy always make himself looks like the victim and blames the white man. Last example even there is a game called resident evil 5 where it is set in Africa where a white guy is killing black zombies and once again someone got offended and wrote a blog about it and it blew up on the internet. We look like a emtional race doing this type of shit and I dont want to look like a crybaby I want to be seen on the exact same level as every other race. This is the bullshit double standard I am talking about.

The case with hurricane katrina yes I did think our government didnt take care of the people there well at all because if this was in New York or something they would have sent aid immdiately. But what bugs me about it is that in times of need some blacks just cant keep the hood out them and still is participating in gang violence, rape, hell the police was even told to fire at will. I mean this is a time where your city is under water but you still want to keep it gangster.


Dumbass. I've seen plenty of "white comedies" where they poke fun of Blacks(I.e Dogma, Guess Who,Chasing Amy, Ferris Buehler's Day Off, Clerks, Zoolander, South Park, etc) and it never seems to be a problem. Plus it's not like comedians never make fun of Blacks. Dave Chappelle makes fun of Blacks. George Carlin does too(A white man if you will). So did Lewis Black, Carlos Mencia, Chris Rock, etc.Also Al Sharpton bitched about Black comedians, Rappers and "Black sitcoms" who make fun of other blacks s much as he bitched at Imus. It's just as not widely reported in the media as when he bitched at White folks.

Put it in perspective, dude.



Wow are you on your period or something why are you acting like a little bitch over a statement. Yeah I know black make fun of blacks in comedy it is ok to do that but if a white person goes to far with it Al sharpton will have a fit. You need to chill and buy some tampons.
14052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 5/17/08 , edited 5/17/08
Racism is an ugly part of life suck it up and move on. Everyone is prejudice in some form or fashion and if you say your not your lying to yourself. We were not prepared for Hurricane Katrina when the levies broke and that was for all races of victims not just African Americans. If you can't joke about your own race in a playful manner then your majorly uptight and need to pull the stick out of your butt. I feel if a person didn't attempt to assist with the disaster then they shouldn't have the right to complain about the injustice. and yes I did help out with financial needs tried to volunteer my nursing skills but my work was already short on nurses so I couldn't just abandon my patients.
1795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / im under you're b...
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

PrincessYume wrote:


sandypants wrote:

black people can be rascist too...


How so? Say anything and I can back it up.


so you think theres no such thing as black rascist people....sorry i cant stop myself from laughing..i guess one example would be my black math teacher she would give me 0s on my math test but when i compared mine to someone else who got 100 my awnswers where the same for the most part either that or she just hated me its probably one of the two
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

sandypants wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


sandypants wrote:

black people can be rascist too...


How so? Say anything and I can back it up.


so you think theres no such thing as black rascist people....sorry i cant stop myself from laughing..i guess one example would be my black math teacher she would give me 0s on my math test but when i compared mine to someone else who got 100 my awnswers where the same for the most part either that or she just hated me its probably one of the two


OMG that's all you have? That's what you consider racism? Then I guess all the teachers I've ever had that gave me bad scores were racist. I mean damn, it's their fault I didn't do my work or study.
1795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / im under you're b...
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

PrincessYume wrote:


sandypants wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


sandypants wrote:

black people can be rascist too...


How so? Say anything and I can back it up.


so you think theres no such thing as black rascist people....sorry i cant stop myself from laughing..i guess one example would be my black math teacher she would give me 0s on my math test but when i compared mine to someone else who got 100 my awnswers where the same for the most part either that or she just hated me its probably one of the two


OMG that's all you have? That's what you consider racism? Then I guess all the teachers I've ever had that gave me bad scores were racist. I mean damn, it's their fault I didn't do my work or study.


you said say anything so i said one thing and i compared it to my friend after i got it back with a zero are awnswers were mostly the same the most of em were right and i still got a zero so i SHOULD have had a decent grade and the way youre talking you make it sound like you think that you're not capable of rascism i told you a story the end by the way...do you really think black people cant be rascist?you cant truly tell me you never thought "I hate white people."before
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

drizza wrote:


QuasimodoSunday wrote:


drizza wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


drizza wrote:

I am black but everyone is racist including black people and other races. We cannot just say it is only white people because it pisses me off when I see fellow african americans argue with someone of a different race and we always throw the race card at them. If we want racism to end we have to stop this double standard. We cant expect to be racist toward other races but then pout when they throw the race card at us. Also the mainstream media needs to stop blowing up small racist incidents on the tv and just ignore some. Our government is also plays a part because everything is always divide by race example which race goes to jail more often, better at school, etc that all plays a role. Geting rid of these will put a huge dent in racism.


I never throw the race card. But it was thrown at me a couple of times.


Good not you but most blacks do. If you watch movies that usually directed by black people we can easily talk about white people and their problems but lets flip the script and say there is a white movie and they talking about black people you would see Al Sharpton next day crying racism. Same with comedians even though it is comedy some of it is not apporiate because once again we can diss all races in the name of comedy but other races get up in front of black people they have to be extremely carefull about what they say about black people or diss their own race for comedy. Reality TV shows the black guy always make himself looks like the victim and blames the white man. Last example even there is a game called resident evil 5 where it is set in Africa where a white guy is killing black zombies and once again someone got offended and wrote a blog about it and it blew up on the internet. We look like a emtional race doing this type of shit and I dont want to look like a crybaby I want to be seen on the exact same level as every other race. This is the bullshit double standard I am talking about.

The case with hurricane katrina yes I did think our government didnt take care of the people there well at all because if this was in New York or something they would have sent aid immdiately. But what bugs me about it is that in times of need some blacks just cant keep the hood out them and still is participating in gang violence, rape, hell the police was even told to fire at will. I mean this is a time where your city is under water but you still want to keep it gangster.


Dumbass. I've seen plenty of "white comedies" where they poke fun of Blacks(I.e Dogma, Guess Who,Chasing Amy, Ferris Buehler's Day Off, Clerks, Zoolander, South Park, etc) and it never seems to be a problem. Plus it's not like comedians never make fun of Blacks. Dave Chappelle makes fun of Blacks. George Carlin does too(A white man if you will). So did Lewis Black, Carlos Mencia, Chris Rock, etc.Also Al Sharpton bitched about Black comedians, Rappers and "Black sitcoms" who make fun of other blacks s much as he bitched at Imus. It's just as not widely reported in the media as when he bitched at White folks.

Put it in perspective, dude.



Wow are you on your period or something why are you acting like a little bitch over a statement. Yeah I know black make fun of blacks in comedy it is ok to do that but if a white person goes to far with it Al sharpton will have a fit. You need to chill and buy some tampons.


If there wasn't a person out there like Al Sharpton. Do you know how many things would happen to black people and they would get away with it? People like Al make sure we have equality.

And last thing I noticed. Al is trying to ban the word Nigga. That's kinda going against what a lot of black people say.
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

sandypants wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


sandypants wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


sandypants wrote:

black people can be rascist too...


How so? Say anything and I can back it up.


so you think theres no such thing as black rascist people....sorry i cant stop myself from laughing..i guess one example would be my black math teacher she would give me 0s on my math test but when i compared mine to someone else who got 100 my awnswers where the same for the most part either that or she just hated me its probably one of the two


OMG that's all you have? That's what you consider racism? Then I guess all the teachers I've ever had that gave me bad scores were racist. I mean damn, it's their fault I didn't do my work or study.


you said say anything so i said one thing and i compared it to my friend after i got it back with a zero are awnswers were mostly the same the most of em were right and i still got a zero so i SHOULD have had a decent grade and the way youre talking you make it sound like you think that you're not capable of rascism i told you a story the end by the way...do you really think black people cant be rascist?you cant truly tell me you never thought "I hate white people."before


You're going off topic. What you said had nothing to do with racism. All of my teachers are white, I go to a predominately white school. I get good grades and bad grades depending on if I do my work or not.

Until you can come up with some facts that make this teacher racist. Then I'm going to continue to think that a lot of black people aren't racist, Until we can have power. Since a lot of white people have the power right now.

And I've thought many times that I hate white people. But i'm not racist, you wanna know why? Because i don't sit around talking shit about people. But everytime I see something happen to someone black or any other race that isn't white. I get pissed. it's like "why the fuck are they doing that"

But i'm not a racist, because all of my friends are white.I won't sit there and throw racist jokes at them. Why? Because I don't know any racist jokes about white people,and if I did I wouldn't say them, because they are hurtful. I know black racist jokes because that's all I hear. People at my school constantly throwing black jokes, and this comes from white and black students. And I do not participate at all in their jokes.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

PrincessYume wrote:

All of my teachers are white, I go to a predominately white school.

If you've ever lived in a mostly black neighborhood like I have, you would see that black people are just a racist as anyone else. The only reason why it doesn't seem like theres many racist black people to you is because you don't live around too many black people.


Until you can come up with some facts that make this teacher racist. Then I'm going to continue to think that a lot of black people aren't racist, Until we can have power. Since a lot of white people have the power right now.

Black people have more "power" in America than any other minority, and it's arguable that we are on the same plane, if not higher, as white people.


And I've thought many times that I hate white people. But i'm not racist, you wanna know why? Because i don't sit around talking shit about people. But everytime I see something happen to someone black or any other race that isn't white. I get pissed. it's like "why the fuck are they doing that"

So if "something happens" to a white person you won't care or get mad? That sounds racist to me.

1795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / im under you're b...
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

PrincessYume wrote:


sandypants wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


sandypants wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


sandypants wrote:

black people can be rascist too...


How so? Say anything and I can back it up.


so you think theres no such thing as black rascist people....sorry i cant stop myself from laughing..i guess one example would be my black math teacher she would give me 0s on my math test but when i compared mine to someone else who got 100 my awnswers where the same for the most part either that or she just hated me its probably one of the two


OMG that's all you have? That's what you consider racism? Then I guess all the teachers I've ever had that gave me bad scores were racist. I mean damn, it's their fault I didn't do my work or study.


you said say anything so i said one thing and i compared it to my friend after i got it back with a zero are awnswers were mostly the same the most of em were right and i still got a zero so i SHOULD have had a decent grade and the way youre talking you make it sound like you think that you're not capable of rascism i told you a story the end by the way...do you really think black people cant be rascist?you cant truly tell me you never thought "I hate white people."before


You're going off topic. What you said had nothing to do with racism. All of my teachers are white, I go to a predominately white school. I get good grades and bad grades depending on if I do my work or not.

Until you can come up with some facts that make this teacher racist. Then I'm going to continue to think that a lot of black people aren't racist, Until we can have power. Since a lot of white people have the power right now.

And I've thought many times that I hate white people. But i'm not racist, you wanna know why? Because i don't sit around talking shit about people. But everytime I see something happen to someone black or any other race that isn't white. I get pissed. it's like "why the fuck are they doing that"

But i'm not a racist, because all of my friends are white.I won't sit there and throw racist jokes at them. Why? Because I don't know any racist jokes about white people,and if I did I wouldn't say them, because they are hurtful. I know black racist jokes because that's all I hear. People at my school constantly throwing black jokes, and this comes from white and black students. And I do not participate at all in their jokes.


fine fine you're right i did stray off topic and I'm sorry for that but if you wish for a more racist story i guess i got one for you.When my mother was a high schooler *note this was when black students were first admitted to her school*she was stabbed repeatedly by three black girls and sent to the hospital in critical condition.when the police found the three girls they openly confessed it was because they hated white people. but as for the teacher well she might have had her reasons regardless i don't know much about her.so as for the mathwork story i dont really know
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 5/17/08

Cuddlebuns wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:

All of my teachers are white, I go to a predominately white school.

If you've ever lived in a mostly black neighborhood like I have, you would see that black people are just a racist as anyone else. The only reason why it doesn't seem like theres many racist black people to you is because you don't live around too many black people.


Until you can come up with some facts that make this teacher racist. Then I'm going to continue to think that a lot of black people aren't racist, Until we can have power. Since a lot of white people have the power right now.

Black people have more "power" in America than any other minority, and it's arguable that we are on the same plane, if not higher, as white people.


And I've thought many times that I hate white people. But i'm not racist, you wanna know why? Because i don't sit around talking shit about people. But everytime I see something happen to someone black or any other race that isn't white. I get pissed. it's like "why the fuck are they doing that"

So if "something happens" to a white person you won't care or get mad? That sounds racist to me.



But I haven't seen anything bad happen to someone white yet. I mean all of last year they kept reporting missing white childern. And rarely black or other minority children. These group of white people took this black woman, beat her up, and made her lick up dog shit. I mean seriously, you only heard about it once and that was it.

Now if I see some one black beating up someone white because they thought they were racist, Then yes, I would get pissed. Not only is wrong, but it makes blacks look like the most racist people out there.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.