First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Stay together just because your family? Trust just because you're family?
42489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/14
Tough question.
Posted 4/28/14
blood is thicker than water, but water is purer than blood. (this is my own quote, since this is my personal experience)


besides my mom, it's always OUTSIDERS who have been more supportive of me.

my family members are useless, they're not caring. it's outsiders who comfort me about my sexuality, it's my ex-manager who looked for a job for me >_>;;; it's so embarrassing to say...




17777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 4/28/14
i dont trust just cus family. i will stay cus family. but to me, blood mean very little. family s who your family is. blood does not mean family just cus.
1979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / *****
Offline
Posted 4/28/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

blood is thicker than water, but water is purer than blood. (this is my own quote, since this is my personal experience)


besides my mom, it's always OUTSIDERS who have been more supportive of me.

my family members are useless, they're not caring. it's outsiders who comfort me about my sexuality, it's my ex-manager who looked for a job for me >_>;;; it's so embarrassing to say...






That's the best quote in the world xD
Someone needs to write a book about you or direct a movie I bet you say lots of awesome things and have the best stories
Posted 4/28/14

Aimpie wrote:

That's the best quote in the world xD
Someone needs to write a book about you or direct a movie I bet you say lots of awesome things and have the best stories


thanks

but I don't think ppl want to go to a movie to watch about the struggles and philosophies of a gay Asian boy...
GerryO 
19624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Tyler, Texas
Offline
Posted 4/28/14 , edited 4/28/14
Blood only makes you related. Trust, Love, and Loyalty is what makes you Family
10335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Alaska, USA
Offline
Posted 4/28/14
The only 'special' thing that blood shares is a relation to me, that in and of itself is nothing special. If my family ever did anything like that to me, I sure as hell wouldn't sacrifice a single thing for them, but seeing as how my mother and father were always the type to try and sacrifice what they can so I could have a good future and take part in jobs that I was satisfied with, and helped me get into school, I would be willing to sacrifice just as much to make sure they are okay.
Posted 4/28/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

but I don't think ppl want to go to a movie to watch about the struggles and philosophies of a gay Asian boy...


Struggles and Philosophies of a Gay Asian Boy actually sounds like a great title already.
1979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / *****
Offline
Posted 4/28/14

haikinka wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

but I don't think ppl want to go to a movie to watch about the struggles and philosophies of a gay Asian boy...


Struggles and Philosophies of a Gay Asian Boy actually sounds like a great title already.



They're right!

Guys we've got ourself a show!
1979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / *****
Offline
Posted 4/28/14
I agree with what most people are saying....
Blood means nothing to me if there isn't trust, loyalty, compassion, love, sacrifice, etc
If my family are manipulating using back stabbers, then I would have no quails with cutting them from my life
Posted 4/28/14 , edited 4/28/14
Well I really don't care about being blood-related in a family anymore. If my parents don't choose to support me for what I want to do, then that's their problem. Although I don't want to become a huge failure because I didn't choose to live how my parents want me to be.

Nowadays you have real friends that you treat as your own family and your own "blood" often turns their back on you. Which sucks because your family is supposed to be there for you, love you, care about you, and make you feel humble.
Posted 4/28/14

GerryO wrote:

Blood only makes you related. Trust, Love, and Loyalty is what makes you Family


This is true, man. So so very true.
Posted 4/28/14 , edited 4/28/14
The only person I am close to in my family is my mom. I will always be there for her, because I love her and she is a good person. Others? Not so much. I haven't talked to anyone else in years basically because the majority of them suck arse to be honest.

And no. I would not stay with family (or anyone) who did horrible things. I wouldn't stick up for them either.

Being blood related does not make you family, just like having a child does not make you a parent.
1979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / *****
Offline
Posted 4/28/14

SoldierSangria wrote:
just like having a child does not make you a parent.


THAT
Is perfect
So many parents feel entitled to control and manipulate and treat their children however they want, to not be there for them bc they think it doesn't matter

But yes, having a child does not make you a parent.

Perfect
2196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/28/14
No. I believe family has nothing to do with blood relations.
Family is formed through memories and love.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.