First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply What are the pros of being your age?
8604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Buttermilk
Offline
Posted 4/29/14

Aokidanza wrote:

My current age is one of those milestone ages, so there are plenty of pros and cons.

Pros:
- I am officially an adult under the law.
- I have more independence. I now live away from my family, which I am enjoying immensely.
- I don't need my parent's permission to do things, especially travel. My parents (read: my father) dislike that I will be going out of the country this summer, but that's just too damn bad, because they have little say in the matter.
- I can get a job outside of retail and restaurants.

Cons:
- My childhood is technically over.
- Some lovely older people still refuse to take me seriously.
- I get carded like everywhere.
- I can no longer count on adults to baby me, and I am held more accountable for my actions. Basically, I get away with less shit than I used to.


This but I am 21 and a cop so this amplified on the basis of only my partner will help me out.
34434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/14
Not that much is expected of me.
Posted 4/29/14
What do I mean by the older you get the less you know?

You have to be older than 25 to know.... I can't tell you..it is just something you will one day realize.

41035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 4/29/14

Ceary wrote:

I'm 23 and boring, married, and work in retail... I never finished college and struggle to get back into it... I have no kids... I am an otaku... I have friends and family who care about me... I look barely 16... On the plus side, I don't have too many people taking me for a little kid as the older people are actually listening to me.


try part time schooling, take one or 2 classes and choose one that you figure to be interesting and one that brings you on to the path of a degree. basically take a gen ed. and a class that sounds fun that doesn't have to cover a gen ed. college is a steep slope, get yourself an easy footing and work hard for your major once you get yourself going.

anywho:

22:
can't be condemned for age for anything other than insurance and car rentals. basically privilege of drinking, smoking, night clubs, casino and such.

pros and cons are you are responsible for yourself and others.
13423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 4/29/14
I CAN FLYYYYYYYYYYY
tsun 
5918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/14
I get to drink! But then again, I don't really drink at all. And actually, the age is 20, but most of my friends started drinking at bars and stuff at 18.
But I now live in America, and I hear that the age is higher here.
17461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 4/29/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:


FkYouBish wrote:

Legally buy hentai


do you buy them?


Of course I do. Doujinshis, games, everything
21901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/29/14
Not much more in comparison to e.g. 21... not being eligible to be drafted into the military is about it?
To be honest, I think everything is worse.
225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
New York
Offline
Posted 4/29/14
i don't know 'bout y'all but being a young-on and doing more "mature" activities is quite more fun with the rush of the possibility of being arrested
49329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 4/29/14

cerchd wrote:

i don't know 'bout y'all but being a young-on and doing more "mature" activities is quite more fun with the rush of the possibility of being arrested


they don't arrest the underage ppl for smoking/drinking though. they arrest the adults who provide/sell them those things. [at least that's how it works in Australia].
225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
New York
Offline
Posted 4/29/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:


cerchd wrote:

i don't know 'bout y'all but being a young-on and doing more "mature" activities is quite more fun with the rush of the possibility of being arrested


they don't arrest the underage ppl for smoking/drinking though. they arrest the adults who provide/sell them those things. [at least that's how it works in Australia].


well in my domain they will send 16 year olds to juvy
3125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/29/14 , edited 4/29/14



endallchaos wrote:

I could go to the strip at night and not worry about getting arrested. I could buy beer. I guess that's pretty much it. :P


Incase people don't get it, when I say strip I don't mean strip club, I mean the strip of Las Vegas




I definitely thought you were talking about a strip club...

<---- has no idea what vegas strip is before your explanation and picture.



Wait, so this is the first time you heard of Las Vegas?
4601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/29/14
I don't know, act stupid? I have no idea. I rather be 18, so I don't have to stress about the entire legality of things like buying cigarettes and stuff (If I ever smoked, which I don't).
3125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/29/14

whenhellfreezesover wrote:

I don't know, act stupid? I have no idea. I rather be 18, so I don't have to stress about the entire legality of things like buying cigarettes and stuff (If I ever smoked, which I don't).


Soon, you'll be able to go to PRISON!! YAY!!
4601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/29/14

endallchaos wrote:


whenhellfreezesover wrote:

I don't know, act stupid? I have no idea. I rather be 18, so I don't have to stress about the entire legality of things like buying cigarettes and stuff (If I ever smoked, which I don't).


Soon, you'll be able to go to PRISON!! YAY!!


THEY'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE
To be honest, I don't do enough stupid things that will end up with me in prison...I'm kind of a goody-goody
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.