First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
How do you feel about Yuri Anime?
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Eh, just another genre.

It's not like girls kissing would attract me any less than the typical Slice of Life or Comedy, or any other genre for that matter.

"Oh, cool, gay girls, get over it."
30644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Southaven MS, USA
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

bathroom64 wrote:


Insomnist wrote:
It feels fresh compared to heterosexual romance, which feels largely beaten into the earth at this point.

The diversity is nice, and the progressiveness/acceptance factor. And of course two girls making out is pretty hot.

What will they think of next? 3 girls? 3 girls and an alien? 2 robots? 2 robots making out, damn hot.


Speaking on the 3 girls part. we need more harem yuri animes....
35286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
My profile should say all that needs to be said.

Yuri is beautiful and holy, as long as it is true Yuri. Hoping for more Yuri Anime in the future.
9897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Don't really care one way or the other about it.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

JeremyK9880 wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:

I don't know. I haven't seen much yuri anime, but I feel like it objectifies women.


Hate to say it but that's pretty common in all forms of anime. Just like every other genre you have to weed out the good from a bunch of bad.


Amendment: I feel like Yuri objectifies women the same way I feel Yaoi objectifies men: Two people of the same sex are put in sexual situations for the sole purpose of gratifying the heterosexual (and occasional homosexual) consumer. It makes gay people look like sex toys.
14038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Orange, Ca
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
I think of it the same way I think of the wind, it's there I just can't see it.
7161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

bathroom64 wrote:


Insomnist wrote:
It feels fresh compared to heterosexual romance, which feels largely beaten into the earth at this point.

The diversity is nice, and the progressiveness/acceptance factor. And of course two girls making out is pretty hot.

What will they think of next? 3 girls? 3 girls and an alien? 2 robots? 2 robots making out, damn hot.


Reminds me of the idea that if there were more than two genders, say seven, reproduction would be very difficult.

adaw31 
12532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
I haven't watched that much Yuri but I have watched Sakura tricks which I have heard is a really heavy Yrui and I liked it so I guess I don't mind it but I need to see more Yuri before I can judge this genre.
62784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

Atheyon wrote:
Reminds me of the idea that if there were more than two genders, say seven, reproduction would be very difficult.

You never know until you try.
elux72 
23492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Yuri is quite possibly my favorite genre. I find the dynamics of a relationship between two women fascinating...how they react to each other, what face they present to the world, etc. I'm pretty much willing to give any yuri anime and/or manga a chance, especially when there are interesting characters and stories involved. In short, it's not only a case of wanting to see two cute girls 'having relations', although I don't object to that either.
62784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

Schmeh172 wrote:
It's not like girls kissing would attract me any less than the typical Slice of Life or Comedy, or any other genre for that matter.

"Oh, cool, gay girls, get over it."

And now you will see how "over it" can have to meanings....

"Oh look, gay girls.....I'm all over it!"
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

bathroom64 wrote:


Schmeh172 wrote:
It's not like girls kissing would attract me any less than the typical Slice of Life or Comedy, or any other genre for that matter.

"Oh, cool, gay girls, get over it."

And now you will see how "over it" can have to meanings....

"Oh look, gay girls.....I'm all over it!"


Touche, you snide bastard.

15775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Hate it. I don't watch anything with Yaoi or Yuri as the main theme. However, if there is some random side character that shows it only now and then, then I'll tolerate it.
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Honestly, I am disinterested in it. No moral objections or anything like that, it just doesn't interest me.
Yaoi is pretty much the same thing. I really don't mind homosexuality in a story, but a story about homosexuality usually has some odd acting male characters. I mean odd other than the fact that they like men. They tend to act almost like needy women, and I honestly cannot watch that.
42337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 4/30/14
It's sexy just like Yaoi.

Let talk about bisexuality in anime.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.