First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Hollywood Should Never Adapt Any Anime/Manga
5246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
As was said above, Hollywood should never adapt any anime or manga. They'll just ruin it by trying to Americanized it. I mean, you've seen Dragonball: Evolution. It had absolutely little resemblance to the source material. These Hollywood filmmakers have no respect for the source material or the Japanese culture. They also whitewash characters that were originally of a different race. For example, the live action Akira film by Warner Bros. is going to have white actors in the place of the characters and it is taking place in Neo-Manhattan instead of Neo-Tokyo. Here's some links for more information:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/15/scaled-live-action-akira-movie-still-alive-will-take-spirit-series/
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114669

So, what I'm basically saying is that only Japanese cinema can adapt anime/manga to live action.
83863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
I think I've seen this thread before. Hmmmmm.

But anyways, where's our Cowboy Bebop movie with Keanu Reeves as Spike?
I really wanted to see that trainwreck.
11678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Maybe when Hollywood stops being super racist.

...

So yeah, never then.
Posted 4/30/14

Demimaelstrom wrote:

I think I've seen this thread before. Hmmmmm.



that's because it's pretty much a duplicate of everything he said in his other post about how he thinks hollywood shouldn't adapt manga/anime.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-848413/what-anime-do-you-think-should-be-adapted-into-a-live-action-film-in-japan
5246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

sporkaganza wrote:

Maybe when Hollywood stops being super racist.

...

So yeah, never then.


Apparently, Hollywood has the mentality that only white people can be the leads in movies. We're in the 21st century and they still think like that? It appears that only Asian cinema can adapt anime/manga.
11678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

PsychoGamer8229 wrote:


sporkaganza wrote:

Maybe when Hollywood stops being super racist.

...

So yeah, never then.


Apparently, Hollywood has the mentality that only white people can be the leads in movies. We're in the 21st century and they still think like that? It appears that only Asian cinema can adapt anime/manga.


Actually, even though I just said that, I don't know how true that'll be for much longer. Pacific Rim is a good indicator for this.

It bugs me because honestly every single thread you make always praises the original Japanese and trashes America whether it's dubs/cinema/whatever. Like, dude. We get it. You're a weeb who's got a hardon for Japan. Can you stop being so relentlessly negative about everything all the time?
77564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/30/14 , edited 4/30/14
They SHOULD get started on it now. That way we'll start getting good ones within ~20 or so years. I think that's how long it took for comic book movies, might've been longer. But the sooner they push through all the inevitable fail the better.

(Fingers crossed for All You Need Is Kill / Edge of Tomorrow being somewhat decent.)
Posted 4/30/14

PsychoGamer8229 wrote:

Apparently, Hollywood has the mentality that only white people can be the leads in movies. We're in the 21st century and they still think like that? It appears that only Asian cinema can adapt anime/manga.


Posted 4/30/14

Insomnist wrote:

(Fingers crossed for All You Need Is Kill / Edge of Tomorrow being somewhat decent.)


it can't be any worse than G-Saviour....
9236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / I don't know T_T
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
In all honesty, Hollywood is unable to really understand the Japanese culture. And I wouldn't blame them. Cultures are different in every country. That's why there's a complete difference between American culture and Canadian culture, even though they're both anglophone countries.
47259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 4/30/14 , edited 4/30/14
Guess who's back
Back again
This guys' back
Tell a friend.
15299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Alhambra, CA
Online
Posted 4/30/14
Hollywood should be banned from doing it not only adapting Anime/Manga to live version but also on other areas. Anyone seen the movies that they have been producing for the past years? Especially with those characters that involved a specific Ethnic background.

Dragon Ball is bad to the point where I thought Son Goku is Son Gohan all throughout the film. 47Ronin has (WTF!) Keanu Reeves as the Kai. DoA is pretty much a soft porn. And... there are more...
5246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

thomascgty wrote:

Hollywood should be banned from doing it not only adapting Anime/Manga to live version but also on other areas. Anyone seen the movies that they have been producing for the past years? Especially with those characters that involved a specific Ethnic background.

Dragon Ball is bad to the point where I thought Son Goku is Son Gohan all throughout the film. 47Ronin has (WTF!) Keanu Reeves as the Kai. DoA is pretty much a soft porn. And... there are more...


For example, the Last Airbender. It was confirmed by the creators of the show that it takes place in an Asian world. You see, the Air Nomads are supposed to be Tibetan, the Northern and Southern water tribes are Inuit, the Earth Kingdom are Chinese, and the Fire Nation are Japanese. Yet in the film, they had the main characters as white and the Fire Nation as dark skinned. Originally, they wanted Jesse McCartney to be Zuko but he had scheduling conflicts. This means that originally the whole cast was going to be white.
28514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Why should the actor's ethnicity matter?

But I agree, most american adaptations of anime/manga suck, but it doesn't mean they should be banned lol.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

sporkaganza wrote:


PsychoGamer8229 wrote:


sporkaganza wrote:

Maybe when Hollywood stops being super racist.

...

So yeah, never then.


Apparently, Hollywood has the mentality that only white people can be the leads in movies. We're in the 21st century and they still think like that? It appears that only Asian cinema can adapt anime/manga.


Actually, even though I just said that, I don't know how true that'll be for much longer. Pacific Rim is a good indicator for this.

It bugs me because honestly every single thread you make always praises the original Japanese and trashes America whether it's dubs/cinema/whatever. Like, dude. We get it. You're a weeb who's got a hardon for Japan. Can you stop being so relentlessly negative about everything all the time?


Well, he dislikes America in general so...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.