First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime recommendation thread
Harem Members
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 5/7/14 , edited 5/7/14
The point of this thread is too recommend anime's that are good but not that popular.

When you recommend something please give a short review of the show with your own words.

I'll start with recommending a anime called "Bokurano".




Bokurano is a mech show with a twist on the genre.

Bokurano is a show that follows a group of 15 people that are 15 years old that just so happen to be on the beach one day. this led one in the group to suggest that they should go look at close by cave's... Because well, they didn't have anything else too do. And thus leading them to a room in a cave that is filled with computers and such, where they end up meeting the owner of the cave. Then the owner said that he had been working on a new game, and asked the kids if they wanted to play it. But first they needed to accept a contract that allows them to play it where they would save the world.

Before I write too much about the show story... It's basically a show about a group of people who must pilot a mecha to defeat the enemies and save the earth, but there's a catch.......... Whoever in the group that get's chosen to pilot the so called "zearth" mech will die instantly after he/she leaves their chair... One may think that it would just be so simple as to NOT pilot zearth, only if it was that simple because they eaiter pilot it and die or don't pilot it and die.
1468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bottom of the sea
Offline
Posted 5/11/14
Might check it out. i plan on being on forums more so might post stuff i find.
Creator
11540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Sexy Harem Projec...
Online
Posted 5/11/14 , edited 9/5/14
i recommend this alot but im sure there is bond to be a few members who havent heard of it its kinda popular kinda not so ye

first off its called To Love-Ru



the picture is actually from the second season witch is called Motto To Love-Ru the picture is in the beginning theme song the anime is a romance/comedy/fantasy/si-fi/harem/ecchi/with a bit of slice of life it has 3 seasons.
To Love-Ru
Motto To Love-Ru
To Love-Ru Darkness
there are tons of funny characters and they all have different characteristic personalities not to spoil i just say tht in my profile pic is Momo Velia Deviluke shes not a main character till darkness but she has parts in Motto To Love-Ru Momo is the really perverted character shes more pervy then tht one pervy guy in his late 20s in most animes shes my fav character the first season To Love-Ru follows the manga pretty well but Motto To Love-Ru doesnt all tht Momo isnt in the first season just to say from the last episode of to love-ru to the beginning of motto to love-ru is kinda confusing if u dont understand ask me ill explain best i can most the characters r aliens and it has everyones favorite when it comes to ecchi boob shots and panty shots especially panty shots xD the first season doesnt have a beach episode if i recall right so dont get ur hopes up :3 if u do watch it and wanna talk bout it haha judging by this description come talk to me i love talking bout to love-ru
Creator
11540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Sexy Harem Projec...
Online
Posted 5/11/14 , edited 5/11/14
also there are guys in tht anime xD but not very many id say 4-5 at the most shown
Harem Members
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 5/12/14

ClassyCthulhu wrote:

Might check it out.


You should do it, the only down side with Bokurano is that no EU/NA company (to my knowledge) has licensed the show and therefore you're forced to use illegal streaming/downloading to watch it. But hopefully if there's a peak in popularity in the show then maybe we'll see some anime licensee licens it... Maybe they'll even give it a dub.




wolfiegirl235 wrote:

also there are guys in tht anime xD but not very many id say 4-5 at the most shown


To-love Ru is awesome!
1468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bottom of the sea
Offline
Posted 5/12/14
Not much of a ecchi fan. i like horror, psychological, action, adventure, and comedy
Creator
11540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Sexy Harem Projec...
Online
Posted 5/12/14

ClassyCthulhu wrote:

Not much of a ecchi fan. i like horror, psychological, action, adventure, and comedy


if not much of an ecchi fan id suggest engaged to the unidentified its comedy/romance/fiction u may have already heard of it or watched it also strike the blood is an action anime btooom is action/adventure i know more if u need some more suggestion


btooom is about bunch of online gamers get taken to a island and play the game they play online in real life they only have bombs no guns its pretty good its 26 episodes long i think


engaged to the unidentified is a funny anime and its cute this girl is engaged to someone she believes shes never met but he saved her when they were little and so they live together while they r fiances and his sister lives with them too and its just funny and adorable its 12 episodes long


strike the blood is a lot of action the main character is a vampire and a girl is sent to watch over him so he doesnt do bad while being a vampire but then becomes his side kick and the fight the people trying to destroy the city the live in the 2 characters together make an unbeatable pair "from now on this is my fight." "No Senpai, This is our fight." its great the story line went well with the characters its 24-25 episode i think
Harem Members
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 5/12/14 , edited 5/12/14

ClassyCthulhu wrote:

Might check it out. i plan on being on forums more so might post stuff i find.


I was referring to Bokurano
1468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bottom of the sea
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
yeah i know, i was saying i might check it out. if it was the ecchi comment then that was for to love ru. need to use the quote more.
1468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bottom of the sea
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
Those three look cool. might binge them next week when i can.
1468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bottom of the sea
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
One anime i really like is "Denpa teki na Kanojo". not sure if it is popular or not since i just refound it 3 days ago.

Its really weird but it has a good story. It was originally a light novel i think.
Harem Members
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 5/14/14

ClassyCthulhu wrote:

One anime i really like is "Denpa teki na Kanojo". not sure if it is popular or not since i just refound it 3 days ago.

Its really weird but it has a good story. It was originally a light novel i think.


How many episode are there and what type of quality does the anime have?
Harem Members
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 5/14/14 , edited 5/14/14
I don't know if this is a good anime or not... But I was at a local store today and bought Oshigurui Death Frenzy.

According to the store they had put it in a place they call lost gems witch is basically a place where they put great movies/anime/manga/books and such that aren't popular but really good... Also it got a 5.1 FUNimation dub! :D

This is what it said on the back cover;

Two damaged warriors wear the scars of a twisted violent past. Bitter rivals for the secrets of their master's sword and the right to his daughter, these samurai inflict wounds on each other that would destroy lesser men. The final chapter of their saga unfolds within a brutal samurai tournament, a gruesome contest arranged to satisfy the bloodlust of a cruel tyrant tyrant overlord. The disfigured legend of the blade must summon the strength for one last battle - a final lesson in the artistry of violence where nothing is more beautiful then the kill.




I hope it's a good anime

*EDIT

Seems to be a good anime, however it got a bit too much gore for my taste... But I'll keep watching it!
1468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bottom of the sea
Offline
Posted 5/14/14
The anime is psychological and mystery. really well made too. good writing and animation. Not really violent, the most violent part is the girl getting hit by the truck. it is two episodes long, 45 minutes each.
1468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bottom of the sea
Offline
Posted 5/14/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

I don't know if this is a good anime or not... But I was at a local store today and bought Oshigurui Death Frenzy.

According to the store they had put it in a place they call lost gems witch is basically a place where they put great movies/anime/manga/books and such that aren't popular but really good... Also it got a 5.1 FUNimation dub! :D

This is what it said on the back cover;

Two damaged warriors wear the scars of a twisted violent past. Bitter rivals for the secrets of their master's sword and the right to his daughter, these samurai inflict wounds on each other that would destroy lesser men. The final chapter of their saga unfolds within a brutal samurai tournament, a gruesome contest arranged to satisfy the bloodlust of a cruel tyrant tyrant overlord. The disfigured legend of the blade must summon the strength for one last battle - a final lesson in the artistry of violence where nothing is more beautiful then the kill.




I hope it's a good anime

*EDIT

Seems to be a good anime, however it got a bit too much gore for my taste... But I'll keep watching it! :D


That anime looks ok, haven't really watched any ancient japan set anime so might check it out, gore doesn't bother me really.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.