First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
No Hope for the Evolution of Man...
11121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/8/14
So the background of the reason for the post goes something like this...

So I used to be a hardcore partyanimal. Loved meeting people from all my "travels", loved drinking with them, hanging out, and sharing stories n whatnot. But now that my youth is dwindling I now have a startling revelation...most of these people are idiots.

Nowadays, when I'm at the bar, or hanging out with people/just going out solo, I am constantly getting annoyed.



People are judgmental or just generally piss me off



People seem to be overall idiots, they have what I call macho high school popularity syndrome (acting overly macho and arrogant in front of company, especially if females are within an earshot *and they're older adults!*), spitting things that are fact to themselves but are completely false if one were to actually think it through, females all around are overly sexually active especially at young ages (worst part is that they're getting pregnant; and this annoys me), drug addicts which I would think they would learn how much time and money they're wasting when they should be focusing on jobs and whatnot, people constantly screwing each other over even when they consider themselves the best of friends, and bitter people that will never accept the fact that they are wrong.

People are spitting irreverent or false facts on Facebook and other social media (which I enjoy proving them wrong or letting them know the irrelevancy of their rants)

(Maybe this is a reason why I retreat to anime to kill my spare time lately) I enjoy watching anime, especially because it reminds me of in the innocence of my younger self and how the world around me was more modest and innocent

Is it just me or are humans going backwards in evolution? Probably because a majority of the people in my area are all drug addicts or are getting exposed to drugs through the acceptance in US media

Speaking of media, anybody notice how tv programs are constantly lying and spreading racism, sexism, drug abuse, and hatred amongst other religions ?

My last resort is to move to another country, and yes...I know there are worse countries than where I'm at

But before that...does anybody have any idea on what I should do? I was thinking about trying to find some sort of utopian chatroom or getting more involved in these crunchyroll forums, seeing as people would have the same interests as me...

Lately I could just work and hang out at home shut out from the world but I do have the the urge to go out and have some sort of first hand human contact; but I swear going out and hanging out at public places is discouraging me with all the bs I hear and see (and yes I know I'm not the smartest person in the world)......but ya....need help...lol
Posted 5/8/14
it's just you.

and there's no such thing as "going forward" or "backwards" in the process of evolution of organisms.

it's either they can survive the environment or they don't.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/8/14
Your survival is more at contest than theirs, since you are unable to cope.

Survival is all that really matters in the game of evolution. Your feelings do not factor in. If anything, this just weeds out the 'weak' genes from our society, thus contributing to a higher survival rate for the future. Or something like that. I don't really care enough to try and make a coherent point.

ItsMev 
32929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Melbourne, Australia
Offline
Posted 5/9/14
The autism is strong in this post.
19972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/9/14 , edited 5/9/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

it's just you.

and there's no such thing as "going forward" or "backwards" in the process of evolution of organisms.

it's either they can survive the environment or they don't.


I'm sure OP meant it as a figure of speech, not as a literal statement.

Also, I understand what you mean. Society today is idiotic and the world is turning to trash. Drugs are now seen as "mind-opening experiences" and sex has been greatly devalued. Plus, if you have these feelings about the world around you people view you as close minded/ignorant. To go even further, people view turning 21 (legal drinking age in America) literally labeled as: "TIME TO GET BLANKED OUT DRUNK MANNNNNN". Society is crap. I understand what you are trying to say.
61159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/9/14

castro510 wrote:

...



People are judgmental or just generally piss me off



People seem to be overall idiots, they have what I call macho high school popularity syndrome (acting overly macho and arrogant in front of company, especially if females are within an earshot *and they're older adults!*), spitting things that are fact to themselves but are completely false if one were to actually think it through, females all around are overly sexually active especially at young ages (worst part is that they're getting pregnant; and this annoys me), drug addicts which I would think they would learn how much time and money they're wasting when they should be focusing on jobs and whatnot, people constantly screwing each other over even when they consider themselves the best of friends, and bitter people that will never accept the fact that they are wrong.

...


I think that step 1 is to recognize your hypocrisy. That's not to say you're wrong about what you said or that you shouldn't be saying it, but rather that you're not very different from the people that you're criticizing.

Step 2 would be to learn to accept the world as it is, rather than comparing it to how you expect it should be. Stop worrying about things you can't control. Moving to another country is not going to solve your problems.
4619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Hemet, California
Offline
Posted 5/9/14 , edited 5/9/14
It has nothing to do with "evolution" ((which I don't believe in personally)) it's simply a matter of the morals of society as whole have dropped to new lows and people in general don't care how they look or sound or act.

Also Staphen is right, You can't worry about things you have no control over and never will. The only form of control you'll have is how YOU act and respond when around something that annoys or irritates you
11713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/9/14

Phersu wrote:

Your survival is more at contest than theirs, since you are unable to cope.

Survival is all that really matters in the game of evolution. Your feelings do not factor in. If anything, this just weeds out the 'weak' genes from our society, thus contributing to a higher survival rate for the future. Or something like that. I don't really care enough to try and make a coherent point.



Well, the whole picture is survival AND reproduction. There are people who reproduce easily but can only survive due to modern conveniences(fools), and there are those who are really great but do not reproduce for some reason.


I would say this isn't a traditional form of evolution due to the extremity of the living niches that we have. Yeah, buildings and structures are part of evolution(beavers,bees...) but the technology we have is just too much.
5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 5/9/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

it's just you.

and there's no such thing as "going forward" or "backwards" in the process of evolution of organisms.

it's either they can survive the environment or they don't.


pretty much this. gayasianboy is my hero. gayasianboy seems to be spot on on like every post i see of his.
9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/9/14
Last I checked, a heavily biased opinion from someone eager to find fault in others-- and this point in history-- isn't an accurate representation of reality.
Posted 5/9/14 , edited 5/9/14
Propaganda being used to throw people out of whack has been going on for a very long time. And if media has anything to do with it, it's poisoning everyone who thinks that what is communicated through television, the internet, music, and other sources (especially from their governments) is ever truthful.

We've lost our values, depending on where you are from. I do highly doubt we are going to make any changes for the better soon, as people are forgetting, and even demonizing, the right and responsible things to do. Every girl who can get pregnant upon puberty will and every boy that manages to get away from the internet will have no future when the paternity tests come through proving he knocked some girl(s) up.

Stop hoping and dreaming. Wake up and smell the napalm, because humanity is on the edge, and we're teetering off it every day.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/9/14 , edited 5/9/14

ItsMev wrote:

The autism is strong in this post.


Lets make fun of the Autistic!
60992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 5/9/14 , edited 5/9/14
I have a few word to you, complaining never really helps, but taking action can change things.

11713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/9/14
There's one thing I like to say anyways: the present is bad but the past is worse.
13062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/9/14 , edited 5/9/14
OP, people said it in this forum already, but the problem is you. YOU choose to be bothered by these poeple. But by calling them judgemental assholes, and then an idiot. Is being a judgemental asshole yourself.

The trick is to love everyone, Be the best you can be, Soon enough those like-minded people will find you. Rather then shutting yourself in, and not showing people who you really are and just judging others at a first interaction is very odd, especially when alchohol is in the picture.


People do act/do stupid shit all the time. Don't be bothered by it, also don't judge them yourself they could turn out to be rather cool people.



TL;DR Be a cool dude to everyone, and don't be judgey cool people will soon find you give everyone a chance.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.