First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Why is my credit card being declined
8234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / King Kai's planet!
Offline
Posted 5/10/14
Its not invalid nor has it past its expiration date but it still gets declined when i try to buy the Attack on titan manga. Could I get some help??
cosham 
17063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Sussex UK
Offline
Posted 5/10/14
Maxed out?! Or it maybe what I had when I joined, it would not except my bank debit card, had to make a PayPal account, in order to join here.
Have you tried that?.
Posted 5/10/14
check if the numbers are entered correctly.

sometimes even 1 wrong number entered can get that denied. (that includes the CCV number and the expiry date number)
Posted 5/10/14
FBI is about to raid your house. Run for iit.
27257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 5/10/14 , edited 5/10/14
Certain credit cards have this annoying "security feature" where it would not allow a transaction to go through if it somehow thinks that the transaction pattern is in any way suspicious.

See whether it's the credit card company that's causing this.
kastzy 
42858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

nanikore2 wrote:

Certain credit cards have this annoying "security feature" where it would not allow a transaction to go through if it somehow thinks that the transaction pattern is in any way suspicious.

See whether it's the credit card company that's causing this.


I second this. Especially if your using an Australian based credit card, it may be red-flagging an international transaction. Best to try to contact your credit card company for answers.
8234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / King Kai's planet!
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

check if the numbers are entered correctly.

sometimes even 1 wrong number entered can get that denied. (that includes the CCV number and the expiry date number)



Thanks i'll check and try again
8234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / King Kai's planet!
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

cosham wrote:

Maxed out?! Or it maybe what I had when I joined, it would not except my bank debit card, had to make a PayPal account, in order to join here.
Have you tried that?.



Thanks for the advice I'll try making a PayPal account. it works when i pay for premium and I'm pretty sure its not maxed out so why would it only decline it while i try and buy manga.
8234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / King Kai's planet!
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

kastzy wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Certain credit cards have this annoying "security feature" where it would not allow a transaction to go through if it somehow thinks that the transaction pattern is in any way suspicious.

See whether it's the credit card company that's causing this.


I second this. Especially if your using an Australian based credit card, it may be red-flagging an international transaction. Best to try to contact your credit card company for answers.



If it was that would i still be able to pay for premium??

kastzy 
42858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

Tyraax wrote:

If it was that would i still be able to pay for premium??



First contact the credit card company and ask for the reason behind the declined transactions. That'll give you an idea how to proceed from there.
8234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / King Kai's planet!
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

kastzy wrote:


Tyraax wrote:

If it was that would i still be able to pay for premium??



First contact the credit card company and ask for the reason behind the declined transactions. That'll give you an idea how to proceed from there.



Okay will do.
kastzy 
42858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

Tyraax wrote:

Okay will do.


Though I find it odd the credit card works fine for your premium sub.
The Wise Wizard
99905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

kastzy wrote:

Though I find it odd the credit card works fine for your premium sub.

I wonder if CR could be using a different credit card processor for subscriptions vs. store purchases.

I suppose it could also be triggered by a combination of dollar amount + international activity (and a monthly CR subscription might be below that threshold).

I agree contacting the card company is the way to go.

kastzy 
42858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/20/14

Tyraax wrote:

Okay will do.


Any update from your CC?
11110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/14
I got a call from my CC company. CrunchyRoll needs a better processing agent.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.