First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Would you like to see an actual CR chatroom?
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 5/10/14 , edited 5/10/14

TheBluu wrote:

Well, obviously this chatroom we are discussing would need to be modded. Spam, trolling and racism, etc would need to be filtered out just like any other chatroom.

I think that if it were implemented and the moderator's did the job correctly (weren't too quick to ban but also not afraid to ban) then it would even itself out and we would wind up with a nice community chat.


Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to how convention chatter typically goes? I usually meet some really cool and interesting people at conventions! I meet some weirdos and stuff too but isn't that just life?



Even modded the trolls would get through. Plus CR is a small company more or less, despite the amount of Anime they get, they probably don't want to hire more people to just watch a chatroom.


Also he was mentioning that when CR goes to conventions there is a video usually playing. Through that people can chat with people at the convention through the video. But it is usually littered with trolls and spam, thus why we don't really want to see a chatroom implemented on the site permanently.


Judgementwolf wrote:

I see what you mean. To a point about 65% I agree with you. The other 35% says humans have to be human there's always going to be that troll or that person that can't take a joke. Trolls should be moderated(Too much work in itself) . But while others would like to communicate in real time while watching anime there is alternatives like teamspeak. Too bad Microsofts IM is no longer available. My 35 cents...


Now see... I probably wouldn't mind seeing a chatroom on videos, assuming it didn't slow anything down and had the option to be turned off if needed. Because talking with people about the video while the video is playing would be neat. Also have it tied ONLY to that video.

But I don't really want to see a general chat chatroom, would be full of stuff i'd rather burn...
6723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 5/10/14


Ok, that makes more sense.

I do think that trolls and such would be a problem. However, can you name a single chatroom or chatroom type place where they don't exist?

I'm not sure. I just find the idea of having a chatroom like that to be pleasant. From the sound of it though, it was already a failed experiment so I don't expect it anytime in the near future.
6723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 5/10/14 , edited 5/10/14

Judgementwolf wrote:

I see what you mean. To a point about 65% I agree with you. The other 35% says humans have to be human there's always going to be that troll or that person that can't take a joke. Trolls should be moderated(Too much work in itself) . But while others would like to communicate in real time while watching anime there is alternatives like teamspeak. Too bad Microsofts IM is no longer available. My 35 cents...



stonewolfeNow see... I probably wouldn't mind seeing a chatroom on videos, assuming it didn't slow anything down and had the option to be turned off if needed. Because talking with people about the video while the video is playing would be neat. Also have it tied ONLY to that video.

But I don't really want to see a general chat chatroom, would be full of stuff i'd rather burn...


Well, don't you think the chatroom would most likely have seperate chatrooms? I don't necessarily mean lumping everything together. You could have a few separate chatrooms similar to how the forums are set up.

However, wouldn't possibly allowing just GROUPS to have a chatroom alleviate a lot of the problems we are coming up with? That way only people can chat in it if they have been invited to the group. That also leaves the group moderators to moderate the chat.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

TheBluu wrote:


Well, don't you think the chatroom would most likely have seperate chatrooms? I don't necessarily mean lumping everything together. You could have a few separate chatrooms similar to how the forums are set up.

However, wouldn't possibly allowing just GROUPS to have a chatroom alleviate a lot of the problems we are coming up with? That way only people can chat in it if they have been invited to the group. That also leaves the group moderators to moderate the chat.


Only chatrooms I personally have seen are just one lump of everything together.

If Groups were able to have chatrooms it'd work the same way pretty much yeah, especially allowing only members of said group to join that chatroom. But then of course that just starts narrowing down to what CR's servers, IT guys, and forums can handle. Which is beyond my comprehension even on good days.
6723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

Stonewolfe wrote:


TheBluu wrote:


Well, don't you think the chatroom would most likely have seperate chatrooms? I don't necessarily mean lumping everything together. You could have a few separate chatrooms similar to how the forums are set up.

However, wouldn't possibly allowing just GROUPS to have a chatroom alleviate a lot of the problems we are coming up with? That way only people can chat in it if they have been invited to the group. That also leaves the group moderators to moderate the chat.


Only chatrooms I personally have seen are just one lump of everything together.

If Groups were able to have chatrooms it'd work the same way pretty much yeah, especially allowing only members of said group to join that chatroom. But then of course that just starts narrowing down to what CR's servers, IT guys, and forums can handle. Which is beyond my comprehension even on good days.


Yeah, it is probably one of those things that sounds like a good idea on paper but in reality is probably really difficult and not worth the hassle.

36527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/10/14
Why do I have the suspicion that it would regularly be targeted by 4chan posters (trolling sprees)?
6723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 5/10/14

Dubnoman wrote:

Why do I have the suspicion that it would regularly be targeted by 4chan posters (trolling sprees)?


What isn't?
36527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5/10/14 , edited 5/10/14

TheBluu wrote:


Dubnoman wrote:

Why do I have the suspicion that it would regularly be targeted by 4chan posters (trolling sprees)?


What isn't?


Ha. Are they that bad? Do they target lots of sites?
104033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/10/14
Here is a vid of old CR chatrooms. Each group had one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbS-fBZl5fA
6723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 5/11/14

AnimeKami wrote:

Here is a vid of old CR chatrooms. Each group had one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbS-fBZl5fA


I wish this still existed. That's sad though.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 5/11/14
I wouldn't object to it, Bluu. But I think things would be much easier to simply make a Tinychat room...Send the link ONLY to those You want, and that THEY'RE wanting to participate in, and...Voila. No Trolls. No intrusions.


I wanna do this RIGHT NOW with some Peoplessssszzzzz! C'mon, Who's down?!...


698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 6/14/14
This is a great idea! The bad thing is you will have many people doing and saying alot of things because of ignorant people. But its worth a shot!
One Punch Mod
85861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
Year-end cleaning. Closing threads with no new posts since 2014.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.