First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply The worst way to end an anime and manga series, in your opinion.
14758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/14

meowth900 wrote:

I don't really care about Soul Eater that much. I never had. It was just on Toonami for a long time that I got attached now it's got Blue Exorcist which rocks


Ah. You are missing out, though. So many more awesome things happen in the manga that it isn't even funny. Character development for the cast is also leagues superior. <.<
23126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 5/12/14
I've never felt more betrayed by manga than by the ending of Usagi Drop.
83617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/12/14

aidenraine wrote:
saber and shana in a yuri relationship..... if that was the only part of the show, I might watch it. but since it comes with everything else attached, I still don't think I could watch it.


it is true. only extreme cases when yuri cannot solve the problem, you know you have a bad anime.
11268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/14
For me it's five words of doom: "Continued in the upcoming movie"
2865 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 5/12/14

Orga777 wrote:


meowth900 wrote:

I don't really care about Soul Eater that much. I never had. It was just on Toonami for a long time that I got attached now it's got Blue Exorcist which rocks


Ah. You are missing out, though. So many more awesome things happen in the manga that it isn't even funny. Character development for the cast is also leagues superior. <.<


Don't care about character development. I rather watch some badass fights.
5710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 5/12/14
Probably with a non ending where the story finishes but nothing is concluded.
14758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/14

nerder wrote:

Probably with a non ending where the story finishes but nothing is concluded.


Yup... Hitman Reborn memories flooding in again.... The worst non-ending ever. 409 chapters of useless futility. Tsuna is such a weenie. <.<
5710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 5/12/14 , edited 5/12/14
I was going to get around to watching that so thanks. Just saved me some time.
9930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 'Merica (Used Iro...
Offline
Posted 5/12/14
Everybody turning into fucking apple sauce.
49482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/12/14

kylemcc wrote:

Everybody turning into fucking apple sauce.


Death by Tangification.
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/12/14

meowth900 wrote:


Orga777 wrote:


meowth900 wrote:

I don't really care about Soul Eater that much. I never had. It was just on Toonami for a long time that I got attached now it's got Blue Exorcist which rocks


Ah. You are missing out, though. So many more awesome things happen in the manga that it isn't even funny. Character development for the cast is also leagues superior. <.<


Don't care about character development. I rather watch some badass fights.



Really?
10734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Stuck in Edolas
Offline
Posted 5/12/14
I think Troll endings and All For Nothing endings are the worst way to end an anime/manga.

I have not seen the movie but Blood C was a troll ending. School Days can be considered a troll ending, but i knew the gist of what happened before I watched it, so i thought it was funny and deserving, except for poor Katsura's little sister.
Oreimo (the anime/ONA, not the light novel) had an all for nothing ending. If Mirai Nikki didn't have the Redial ova it could be considered an all for nothing ending.
3652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Another Universe
Offline
Posted 5/12/14
Ending the series with a bunch of questions left unanswered. An example? Cage of Eden. I mean WTF was that? How could they end it without explaining anything? OMG.
Rin-R 
5140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 5/12/14 , edited 5/12/14
hmm...

Ending the anime mid arc (no sequel planned)
case 1: Skip Beat

It was like the hero in an action story finding that sliver of hope to surpass a "greatest challenge yet", then ending the story before he can even show up to the fight.

Slowly but surely revealing the truth of the story (from one set at the beginning) through various factors and deductions, then shooting off at a tangent rewriting the ending ignoring all that has been uncovered or revealed up to that point.
Case 2: Tenshi na Konamaiki (A Cheeky Angel)

As a result, the anime conclusion was a real let down of what was, till the conclusion, a rather faithful and enjoyable (and more consistant) adaptation.

Aiming for a more conclusive anime ending for a series (which I think is acceptable), but then writing it so over conclusive and different that the original story can no longer be adapted any further (or overwriting the original story's potential further developments, thus making it impossible to continue the same story if so wished).
Case 3: Mahou Sensei Negima (Negima)
Some of the most interesting story happened not long after the anime's conclusion, it was good enough that they did eventually adapt some of it. But the TV anime made this impossible to continue as a series adaptation. Fans were very vocal at the time critical of the direction taken by the anime writers of this ending.

Note: This "crap ending" method is mainly an issue if the Adaptation is in-fact remaining faithful to its source materials (thus becoming frustrating at conclusion). It is less of an issue if the anime adaptation is simply adapting the source settings (eg Tetsuwan Birdy Decode [Birdy the MIghty Decode], and Rozen Maiden).

23126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 5/12/14 , edited 5/12/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


meowth900 wrote:


Orga777 wrote:


meowth900 wrote:

I don't really care about Soul Eater that much. I never had. It was just on Toonami for a long time that I got attached now it's got Blue Exorcist which rocks


Ah. You are missing out, though. So many more awesome things happen in the manga that it isn't even funny. Character development for the cast is also leagues superior. <.<


Don't care about character development. I rather watch some badass fights.



Really?


It made me really sad when I read that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.