First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Job Interview
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
I have a job interview tomorrow. Any advice?
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 5/13/14 , edited 5/13/14
You are so lucky... Anyway there is a forum tread like this already.
hmm i can't find the tread right now for some reason.
16438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
What is the job?
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 5/13/14 , edited 5/13/14

TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:

I have a job interview tomorrow. Any advice?


I don't have any personal advice, but there are some interesting thoughts in this Crunchyroll thread:

- The dos and don'ts on what to do before and during a job interview.
- http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-844225/the-dos-and-donts-on-what-to-do-before-and-during-a-job-interview

Also, Google brings up a few very good web pages with some tips that may helps you:

- The Perfect Job Interview in 8 Simple Steps
- http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20121121171031-20017018-the-perfect-job-interview-in-8-simple-steps

That article has some excellent tips. It's a quick read and well written.

This -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/job-interview-advice/ -- is a round-up of a handful of HuffingtonPost "interview advice" articles. Some good stuff there.

And here's one from Lifehacker that's pretty good:

- Top 10 Tips for Acing Your Next Job Interview
- http://lifehacker.com/5975338/top-10-tips-for-acing-your-next-job-interview

Hope some of those help. Good luck.
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/14

What is the job?


Customer service
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/14

Hope some of those help. Good luck.


Thanks Hairbelly
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 5/13/14

Hairbelly wrote:


TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:

I have a job interview tomorrow. Any advice?


I don't have any personal advice, but there are some interesting thoughts in this Crunchyroll thread:

- The dos and don'ts on what to do before and during a job interview.
- http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-844225/the-dos-and-donts-on-what-to-do-before-and-during-a-job-interview

Also, Google brings up a few very good web pages with some tips that may helps you:

- The Perfect Job Interview in 8 Simple Steps
- http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20121121171031-20017018-the-perfect-job-interview-in-8-simple-steps

That article has some excellent tips. It's a quick read and well written.

This -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/job-interview-advice/ -- is a round-up of a handful of HuffingtonPost "interview advice" articles. Some good stuff there.

And here's one from Lifehacker that's pretty good:

- Top 10 Tips for Acing Your Next Job Interview
- http://lifehacker.com/5975338/top-10-tips-for-acing-your-next-job-interview

Hope some of those help. Good luck. :)


Yes, thanks Hairbelly those are the tread i was trying to point at.
17771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
confidence.
LissR 
20091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 5/13/14 , edited 5/13/14
One thing I always try to do to seem interested is I do a little leg work and research the company I'm applying for (i.e. their history, mission statement, etc). A lot of times, employers will ask if you have any questions at the end of the interview and I usually try and use what I know about them to ask something meaningful about the position's relationship to the company.

Just an idea
17434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
be honest about the positives and don't reveal the negatives. They want to hear good things, not bad things, and you want them to hear good things and not bad things. You are young, so you have youthful exuberance on your side, even if it will be immediately crushed doing customer service. There are only two types of hearts in customer service, bleading hearts and cold hearts, so you'll need to choose which you want to be.

When you get older and jaded, the honesty will bleed out of you. When I get asked what my best quality is, I tell my interviewer that I am a pushover. It gets me hired most of the time.

Good luck.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 5/13/14
Get a seperate email adress that has nothing to do with anime games etc., i had to explain what a loli was once.
LissR 
20091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 5/13/14

Raimu4 wrote:

Get a seperate email adress that has nothing to do with anime games etc., i had to explain what a loli was once.


This literally made me laugh out loud.
19972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/13/14

TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:

I have a job interview tomorrow. Any advice?


Who literally hit the 'flag post' button? Why is this flagged? lol




LissR wrote:

One thing I always try to do to seem interested is I do a little leg work and research the company I'm applying for (i.e. their history, mission statement, etc). A lot of times, employers will ask if you have any questions at the end of the interview and I usually try and use what I know about them to ask something meaningful about the position's relationship to the company.

Just an idea


That's actually a really good idea. I've never read that tip before! Nice.




Raimu4 wrote:

Get a seperate email adress that has nothing to do with anime games etc., i had to explain what a loli was once.


But just think, you did the anime world proud!

13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/14

Get a seperate email adress that has nothing to do with anime games etc., i had to explain what a loli was once.


I always keep my emails professional, because it's a pain in the ass to think of a cool name
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/14

One thing I always try to do to seem interested is I do a little leg work and research the company I'm applying for (i.e. their history, mission statement, etc). A lot of times, employers will ask if you have any questions at the end of the interview and I usually try and use what I know about them to ask something meaningful about the position's relationship to the company.


I'll go ahead and do that
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.