First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
People hating on moe/harem
33128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
You lose some of the moral high ground when your defense of one genre involves bashing another genre and the entire fan base. Popularity isn't the only indicator of how good some thing is but it isn't necessarily an indicator of some thing being bad either.

I've never really understood the attitude of not liking some thing so therefore it should no longer exist. The world doesn't revolve around one person's taste thankfully because that would be pretty boring.
33128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
I also don't get your disdain for the casual fan of anime. We're all casual fans of some thing. There's not enough time to be truly dedicated to every thing. Watching a ton of anime doesn't give anyone some kind of street cred. It's not a competition.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 5/15/14

akai_ryu wrote:


And I still fail to see the problem! Really what other fans think about the shows I like don't lowered or uper my enjoyment. Many people dislike and critise the anime I like however I could not care less about that because I still enjoy them as much as before reading their opinions.

Also I don't understand what you mean by bash. Are you saying that someone can't give a bad opinion about a anime/genre because the fans of the anime/genre will be upset if that happen?


First not everyone is like you? Some people can take things a bit more seriously even when they probably shouldn't, also fanboys and fangirls will be fans and will want to defend their favorite shows, even if that sometimes leads to more bashing.


Second it's one thing to give your own opinion of a series. It is another to say stuff like: This is the lowest piece of trash ever made and anyone who watches it should kill themselves for the sake of the rest of us.

Which stuff like that seems to be the type of bashing thrown around when it comes to hating on moe/harem/loli/etc, there is no middle ground or just stating you do not like the genre it seems. Either you like it, or you want everyone who likes it to die in the worst way imaginable.

It probably wouldn't be as bothersome for us if they said it once and left, but the people who usually start bashing a series seem to get a kick out of bashing others, so they just continuously do so.

Example: In a recent simulcast thread on another site, won't mention which show or which season, someone would come back every week saying the show was complete contrived shit and everyone who was watching it should probably just give up on life and be thrown in prison to rot.

They would then reply to everyone saying the show was great or good about how they should be put down because they were apparently horrible human beings for liking such a show.


THAT is why I said I am fine with someone disliking a show, stating it once, and then dropping it. I have done it, I am pretty sure EVERYONE who watches anime has done it. But you should NOT continuously show back up and threaten people pretty much, just because you don't like the genre or series. Sadly that is what happens a lot in the genre's we are talking about.
63531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/14

Sogno- wrote:
how is Mushi-shi a moe/harem anime

First, we have seen at least 3 girls in love with Gin. The sister whose brother hibernated till spring, the girl who had to write stories about Mushi being defeated, and the girl that was being followed by water and didn't want to clean her mirror. Secondly, Mushi are very, very attracted to him. They practically love him to death. And there is a very yandere like Mushi that will eventually kill him and turn him into a Mushi that got 1 of his eyes already.
31694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / BAYSIDE,NY
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
it all depends on the MC, if he is a lame character of course nobody is going like the anime... (personal thoughts)
Posted 5/15/14 , edited 5/15/14

Stonewolfe wrote:



That was all a point of my first post here. Going out of your way to pretend to be a messiah saying how much something is bad is wrong - moe or not. The problem rests in that this topic is specific for a single genre/style. If you know even a slight history on the topics created by the original poster you'd know he was no better than those messiahs except he gave up on the negative and played at the positive (until he started replying to people, lol).

In all - no one likes thought police and everyone is free to think something is bad or not. It only gets troubling when people go out of their way to spread hate much like a topic recently about why old anime sucked because it isn't moe because someone liked their girl characters perfect because... Not having a nose is hot, I guess?


JeremyK9880 wrote:

I also don't get your disdain for the casual fan of anime. We're all casual fans of some thing. There's not enough time to be truly dedicated to every thing. Watching a ton of anime doesn't give anyone some kind of street cred. It's not a competition.


Yep. Nothing is more annoying than watching anime for two decades, being my first hobby from overseas as a kid, and having someone not even 20 years old saying how much old anime and styles sucked. I don't even do the opposite - saying how people missed out or anything. Let people like what they want...
11441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 5/15/14 , edited 5/15/14
I often hate on it not as a whole, but because there are good and bad ways an anime can utilise harems or moe. I don't mind them being in anime, it's just that when it's the sole thing carrying the entire show that it annoys me (usually moe more than harems). It's because there are some that are good that I don't flat-out avoid every single one, so when I come across a show that I dislike because of how it uses a certain trope then of course I'll point it out.

You pointed out that lot of people went into K-On expecting music and left disappointed. As a show that's about girls in a music club it would be nonsensical to NOT expect the main focus of the show to centre around music. Sure the production costs would be high but it's not like it couldn't be done. I can't help but see what you're saying as a 'Stop disliking what I like. If you don't like it, don't say anything about it at all' but that's simply not how the world works. If someone dislikes K-On because it seemed like it would be music orientated, or Infinite Stratos because it seems like it would be more action orientated they are 100% in the right to point out that they're not because it will help steer someone who may have the same expectations as them away from it and save them from wasting their time.

The 18+ point was also silly. I don't see why IS would have to be rated that mature for him to end up with all the girls. If it contained graphic content I'd understand, but on the sole concept of Ichika getting with all the girls alone, I don't see how that would warrant it getting such a high age rating. When you say something like 'This ain't Gundam. Ichika is not a hero trying to kick the villain's ass. He's a poor victim of a harem who can't just sleep with all the girls' you would only know that IF YOU FUCKING WATCHED IT. Anyone who complains about it not being a show similar to Gundam can't be expected to know what the show contains before they view it unless they read a review. Though that's not the best choice since most people often avoid reviews before watching a show to avoid spoilers.

What you're telling people is to stop having expectations of what a show will entail before they watch it which is stupid. If someone doesn't like IS because it's full of fanservice and no story then they have every right to point that out as a negative if it doesn't appeal to them! I've no doubt I'll receive a reply where you state this isn't the case, but that's how I interpreted what you were saying.
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
18337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Argentina
Offline
Posted 5/15/14



1- I'm aware that not everyone is like me, I'm not idiot, do you know? I am just saying that is pointless be offended for that stuff.

2- People bash everything not just moe and harem (yes, that include the same people who whiny about other people bashing their favorite anime) because like you "recently teach me" everyone is different.

3- I have seen people get overly defensive even when a critic don't include personal attacks.

4- Regarding that both moe and harem are present in many current anime, I believe is natural that the fans who dislike it express their opinion on the subject.

But whatever, I have said enough and better I go out of this thread before the fanboys and fangirls be upset with me for saying what I think.
2380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
Yeah, moe and harem suck. Was there ever any doubt?
106118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/15/14 , edited 5/15/14

Only newfags shit on moe and harems.


quote from anon.
Posted 5/15/14

AnimeKami wrote:


Only newfags shit on moe and harems.


quote from anon.


/a/ is known for their shit taste, like their opinions matter.
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 5/15/14

AnimeKami wrote:


Only newfags shit on moe and harems.


quote from anon.


Only people with shit taste think harem is great :P

I'm ok with moe, since I like cute stuff xD
Posted 5/15/14
People Hating on People Hating on Moe/Harem, the gut-wrenching and edge-of-your-seat thriller sequel of People Hating on Moe/Harem. Coming soon to theaters near you.

cosham 
17078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Sussex UK
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
I am willing to give any anime a try, if I do not like it, I stop watching it. Am somewhat baffled why some people not only slag the genre they dislike off, but fans of the genre also. I am not overly keen on sports anime, I am aware that lots of people love it, I cannot stand horror movies, that does not give me the right to slag off people who enjoy them. Some people really need to get a life.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.