First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
People hating on moe/harem
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 5/15/14

Charizam wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Only newfags shit on moe and harems.


quote from anon.


/a/ is known for their shit taste, like their opinions matter.


Only the singular of anon is shit the collective just agree for the sake of agreeing.


Des85 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Only newfags shit on moe and harems.


quote from anon.


Only people with shit taste think harem is great :P

I'm ok with moe, since I like cute stuff xD


OOO you.
23184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / Wild West, North...
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater

Recommended reading.

I mean, think the main problem is 2 things:

- There's people who just don't like the series for a legitimate reason (not a fan of mecha anime, not a fan of harem anime, not a fan of Kill la Kill...)

- And then there's people who just hate for the sake of hating.

Thing is, don't let other people dictate what you like and what you don't like. Watch the series for yourself, and develop your own opinion of it. Your enjoyment shouldn't be based on how much someone else likes/dislikes something.

9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 5/15/14

AnimeKami wrote:


OOO you.


You don't think harems is great, I'm pretty sure of that xD
Though you don't score anime on MAL, so I don't really know what your favorite genres are
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 5/15/14

Des85 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


OOO you.


You don't think harems is great, I'm pretty sure of that xD
Though you don't score anime on MAL, so I don't really know what your favorite genres are :P


And the mysteries grows.
17472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
best harem ever is school days. That show will show you how a real harem would end.
33128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
If cheating and lying to woman meant you had a harem than a lot of guys have harems.
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The IshVille
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
You know, Moe/Harem only has itself to blame for people hating it.

I don't hate any anime based upon its genre. I'll give any anime a chance. And some Moe/Harem animes are really good. I mean, I loved animes like Haganai and Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens. But, as a whole, you're ASKING for hatred, when you purposely recycle the same plot again and again and again. You're practically trolling the anime fandom. And if, anything, the fact that they keep repeating the same thing over and over again, just shows they have no imagination when it comes to creation. And that lack of creativity permeates throughout the anime itself, thus causing 80 percent of Harem/Moe animes to suck.

Sure, you can point out the highlights, like Clannad, IS and K-On, all of which I actually enjoyed (though K-On just really tapered off towards the end and I haven't been able to finish it.) but, pointing out those few highlights is not going to hide the fact that the genre if full of stuff like Lime-Iro Senkitan, Shining Hearts and Yumeria. Mediocre or outright garbage Harem stuff. You're setting yourself up for frustration if you expect anime fans far and wide to fall in love with stuff like Hidamari Sketch and Pretty Cure.
Posted 5/15/14

AnimeKami wrote:

He fucked them all like it was his last night.


lol
33128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 5/15/14

supasoggyrolle wrote:

You know, Moe/Harem only has itself to blame for people hating it.

I don't hate any anime based upon its genre. I'll give any anime a chance. And some Moe/Harem animes are really good. I mean, I loved animes like Haganai and Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens. But, as a whole, you're ASKING for hatred, when you purposely recycle the same plot again and again and again. You're practically trolling the anime fandom. And if, anything, the fact that they keep repeating the same thing over and over again, just shows they have no imagination when it comes to creation. And that lack of creativity permeates throughout the anime itself, thus causing 80 percent of Harem/Moe animes to suck.

Sure, you can point out the highlights, like Clannad, IS and K-On, all of which I actually enjoyed (though K-On just really tapered off towards the end and I haven't been able to finish it.) but, pointing out those few highlights is not going to hide the fact that the genre if full of stuff like Lime-Iro Senkitan, Shining Hearts and Yumeria. Mediocre or outright garbage Harem stuff. You're setting yourself up for frustration if you expect anime fans far and wide to fall in love with stuff like Hidamari Sketch and Pretty Cure.


That goes for pretty much every genre though.
12072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 5/15/14 , edited 5/15/14
I like harem. I do not like moe. I'm sick of it. It's in everything and I can't stand it.

Just because things sell a lot doesn't make them good.


JeremyK9880 wrote:


supasoggyrolle wrote:

You know, Moe/Harem only has itself to blame for people hating it.

I don't hate any anime based upon its genre. I'll give any anime a chance. And some Moe/Harem animes are really good. I mean, I loved animes like Haganai and Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens. But, as a whole, you're ASKING for hatred, when you purposely recycle the same plot again and again and again. You're practically trolling the anime fandom. And if, anything, the fact that they keep repeating the same thing over and over again, just shows they have no imagination when it comes to creation. And that lack of creativity permeates throughout the anime itself, thus causing 80 percent of Harem/Moe animes to suck.

Sure, you can point out the highlights, like Clannad, IS and K-On, all of which I actually enjoyed (though K-On just really tapered off towards the end and I haven't been able to finish it.) but, pointing out those few highlights is not going to hide the fact that the genre if full of stuff like Lime-Iro Senkitan, Shining Hearts and Yumeria. Mediocre or outright garbage Harem stuff. You're setting yourself up for frustration if you expect anime fans far and wide to fall in love with stuff like Hidamari Sketch and Pretty Cure.


That goes for pretty much every genre though.


Not like harem/moe. Not even close.
Posted 5/15/14
i don't like watching moe but i like pictures xD
104095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 5/15/14

Logiick wrote:


JeremyK9880 wrote:


supasoggyrolle wrote:

You know, Moe/Harem only has itself to blame for people hating it.

I don't hate any anime based upon its genre. I'll give any anime a chance. And some Moe/Harem animes are really good. I mean, I loved animes like Haganai and Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens. But, as a whole, you're ASKING for hatred, when you purposely recycle the same plot again and again and again. You're practically trolling the anime fandom. And if, anything, the fact that they keep repeating the same thing over and over again, just shows they have no imagination when it comes to creation. And that lack of creativity permeates throughout the anime itself, thus causing 80 percent of Harem/Moe animes to suck.

Sure, you can point out the highlights, like Clannad, IS and K-On, all of which I actually enjoyed (though K-On just really tapered off towards the end and I haven't been able to finish it.) but, pointing out those few highlights is not going to hide the fact that the genre if full of stuff like Lime-Iro Senkitan, Shining Hearts and Yumeria. Mediocre or outright garbage Harem stuff. You're setting yourself up for frustration if you expect anime fans far and wide to fall in love with stuff like Hidamari Sketch and Pretty Cure.


That goes for pretty much every genre though.


Not like harem/moe. Not even close.


No. It is pretty close.
xxJing 
37193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
My problem with harems / moe is that they are essentially treated like sugar. They are added to everything. It seems like the slogan of this generation is 'the sweeter the better.' This is one reason why I really respect Hiromu Arakawa. She does attractive characters, but she by no means does fan-service or moe. There are no obligatory mascots or lolis in her works.
6240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
Well the reason people generally don't like these sorts of things is because they lack any semblance of a compelling narrative and the characters are flat undeveloped archetypes. It isn't that the idea they are attempting to portray is bad, they just execute it poorly. And don't get me wrong the genre as a whole has potential because there are harem series that I enjoy such as GIrls Bravo and Mahou Sensei Negima, although Negima is only half harem for a while but whatever. That NouCome show based on a light novel that came out a while ago was actually quite humorous and I enjoyed it. We know that we don't have to watch them but they bring up some cool topics and it would be nice if they were more developed and expanded upon.
42439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/15/14



Does the phrase " ignorance is bliss" upset you as well. When I hear that being spoken by someone it gets a bit old.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.