First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Logics I hate
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 5/15/14

sundin13 wrote:

I disagree with the third one...I unfortunately don't put money into anime, but that doesn't mean I like anime less than someone who does, it just means that I don't purchase things as easily. If spending your money on stuff makes you feel like a "better" fan (whatever that means) then feel free. I encourage people to spend money on things you love, but the amount of money you put into something isn't directly correlated to the quality of your fandom...

Express your fandom however you want but don't tell people how to express their's...


You pay CR! Thats good enough!
104115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 5/15/14 , edited 5/15/14
^ everyone one wants to tap Asuna 2D or not...
Posted 5/15/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

actually I hate the logic that people don't want other people to use the word otaku because it's a bad word.
people call themselves nerds all the time, yet nobody cares. it seems the anime fans have a problem with the word, "otaku".



It's because anime fans seem to have this really weird defensive shit about their hobby.

It is really dumb though. I don't get why dweebs are so obsessed with 'OMG YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN CAUSE YOU DON'T OWN EVERYTHING LITTLE THING ABOUT THIS SERIES SO DON'T CALL YOURSELF THAT' mindset. It really does not matter if some weeb wants to call themself an otaku cause they think it means anime nerd.

Why they do this? Who knows. I think they just wanna feel better about themselves so they try and take the piss out on others.
13147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 5/15/14

Sacae89 wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

I disagree with the third one...I unfortunately don't put money into anime, but that doesn't mean I like anime less than someone who does, it just means that I don't purchase things as easily. If spending your money on stuff makes you feel like a "better" fan (whatever that means) then feel free. I encourage people to spend money on things you love, but the amount of money you put into something isn't directly correlated to the quality of your fandom...

Express your fandom however you want but don't tell people how to express their's...


You pay CR! Thats good enough!


Uhh, yeah...this is totally not a free trial or anything >.> yeah, I pay CR....hmm .-.

Sorry to let you down ;~;
9205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / GA
Offline
Posted 5/15/14 , edited 5/15/14
I see no harm in attempting to reappropriate an insulting word. It's been done forever.
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 5/15/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

actually I hate the logic that people don't want other people to use the word otaku because it's a bad word.
people call themselves nerds all the time, yet nobody cares. it seems the anime fans have a problem with the word, "otaku".

It's not like people are proudly labelling themselves as "paedophile"... that would be... the more disturbing thing. Otaku may be bad in Japanese society, but it isn't a crime to be an "otaku". So the logic that you can't call yourself an otaku because Japanese consider it "bad" doesn't even make the tiniest sense to me.



America is actually a nice place to be an otaku in. Probably because of comic. A lot of ppl don't know the difference between anime con and comic con. If they knew all the stuff about moe, doujinshi's and eroges we love, etc., they would think differently. But since they don't know, they treat us normally. But when we look at the average level of people who call themselves otaku, it's way lower in America. Probably because people get along with otakus like they are nothing, and in Japan or Korea, otakus can only be friends with other otakus once their identity is revealed. Only being friends with other otakus? It turns you into a more hardcore one

But Japan would still be the best place since that's where everything comes from. Akihabara is a place where everyone has to go at least once in their life. It's a pilgrimage place for otakus.
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 5/15/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

actually I hate the logic that people don't want other people to use the word otaku because it's a bad word.
people call themselves nerds all the time, yet nobody cares. it seems the anime fans have a problem with the word, "otaku".

It's not like people are proudly labelling themselves as "paedophile"... that would be... the more disturbing thing. Otaku may be bad in Japanese society, but it isn't a crime to be an "otaku". So the logic that you can't call yourself an otaku because Japanese consider it "bad" doesn't even make the tiniest sense to me.



I didn't say 'nobody should label themselves otaku because it's a bad word'. I'm just telling where the term came from. I call myself otaku all the time. In fact, I call myself mega fucking otaku. And I'm a masochist so I feel pleasure by showing off my weirdness to everyone.

The point is, people who only watch like few popular animes, should not call themselves otaku. Just like reading few books doesn't turn you into a nerd.
552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
Good Good, let the logic flow through them.
Revolver Dogelot
72940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / somewhere that is...
Online
Posted 5/15/14
The OP is a bit ranty here sure, but let's keep it clean and be nice to each other okay?
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 5/15/14 , edited 5/15/14

sundin13 wrote:

I disagree with the third one...I unfortunately don't put money into anime, but that doesn't mean I like anime less than someone who does, it just means that I don't purchase things as easily. If spending your money on stuff makes you feel like a "better" fan (whatever that means) then feel free. I encourage people to spend money on things you love, but the amount of money you put into something isn't directly correlated to the quality of your fandom...

Express your fandom however you want but don't tell people how to express their's...


I see that you are a premium member, which is good cuz you watch animes legally.

But you see, which one do you think loves anime more? (Let's say they make the same income)

Person A: "Oh I'm hungry, but I gotta save up so I'll just eat ramen. Let's see what books(manga/LN) come out this month so I can preorder them. Oh I'll also check out some figures. I have saved up enough for 3 or 4. I'll save up the rest for anime cons."

Person B: "New ___ chapter comes out today!" -goes to mangareader site- "I should get something to eat." -spends $8 on fast food- "Oh anime con, I should go" -goes there.(which is good)- -sees all these stuff for sale- "meh! that's waste of money. I'll just take looks at them cuz they look nice. But I don't have $70 to spend for each items."
9018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / SABER
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
WELL I JUST LEARNED A NEW WORD AND WITH IT I LEARNED WHAT I REALLY AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 5/15/14

FkYouBish wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

I disagree with the third one...I unfortunately don't put money into anime, but that doesn't mean I like anime less than someone who does, it just means that I don't purchase things as easily. If spending your money on stuff makes you feel like a "better" fan (whatever that means) then feel free. I encourage people to spend money on things you love, but the amount of money you put into something isn't directly correlated to the quality of your fandom...

Express your fandom however you want but don't tell people how to express their's...


I see that you are a premium member, which is good cuz you watch animes legally.

But you see, which one do you think loves anime more? (Let's say they make the same income)

Person A: "Oh I'm hungry, but I gotta save up so I'll just eat ramen. Let's see what books(manga/LN) come out this month so I can preorder them. Oh I'll also check out some figures. I have saved up enough for 3 or 4. I'll save up the rest for anime cons."

Person B: "New ___ chapter comes out today!" -goes to mangareader site- "I should get something to eat." -spends $8 on fast food- "Oh anime con, I should go" -goes there.(which is good)- -sees all these stuff for sale- "meh! that's waste of money. I'll just take looks at them cuz they look nice. But I don't have $70 to spend for each items."


I think they just have different values regarding money...I personally am very frugal and really don't spend my money on much of anything... You can't judge somebody's love of something by how they treat their money.
38909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 5/15/14
I'm going to abuse my ability to reuse this image, aren't I?

Yes I am.
10950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/15/14 , edited 5/15/14
I am in no way interested in buying figurines and posters and other common anime goods. That's just not my thing aside from the few DBZ figures I played with when I was in single digits in the age category(maybe not entirely single digits but around there). It's not that I'm ashamed or anything it's just not stuff I want no matter how much I like a show. It has nothing to do with available income either. Guess that makes me a middle of the road fan, if that.
xxJing 
37209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
Actually to be honest. Japanese people would probably label me as an otaku, but I don't like to consider myself one. I am fairly tame in comparison to probably 90% Japanese Otaku's.

There are really only a few series that I can say I truly like, and most of those series don't revolve around 2D poon. My favorite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, yeah mainstream crap. I also love a crap load of Sci-fi animes. Heroic Age, Majestic Prince, Soukyuu no Fafner, Gundam 00...

I don't enjoy playing dating sims. I have played 2, Prism Hearts and some other one I don't remember the name of. I only played them because I saw an anime version first and decided I liked the plot. Kirino from Oreimo actually disgusts me, if she was some fat basement dweller or some skinny dweeb, that would just be all the worse.

I don't buy ero-games, because I don't play ero-games. Pretending I am screwing a 2D chick is meaningless to me.

I do illegally download stuff. If I like it, I buy it. If I couldn't illegally download it, I probably wouldn't have ever really gotten into it outside of what's shown on American TV. In the late 90's - early 2k era, there was no bitorrent and we scavenged chinese bootlegs and low res episodes off of Kazaa and irc chats. And before that, well I watched Pokemon, DBZ, and Sailormoon, That is about it. And I will admit I do not love the series which I haven't bought as much as some other fans may. Although there are exceptions to this, because there are some series that I love that it feels like no one else loves at all, like King of Bandits Jing for example.

I am actually pretty proud that my otaku level is pretty low. I don't know how someone can actually be proud of being a fan, as if simply liking a piece of fiction warrants some type of praise.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.