First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
introvert or extrovert?
11413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14
I'm more of an introvert myself. I usually never start a conversation and avoid being out there when I can, but for the most part I'm usually comfortable in conversation (well, depending on the subject matter). I'm odd as far as conversation goes. I can go on for hours sometimes, others I'll struggle to think of anything to say for more than a few minutes. A lot of the things I like to talk about most others aren't interested in, or there isn't a lot to say about. I'm interested in making music, videogames, anime, voice acting somewhat, and drawing, yet none really make for good conversation with the average person. As far as company is concerned I'm all right with a chat from time to time, but I usually prefer being left to my own devices.
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14

shirayukiIce wrote:

I already know I'm 100% introvert :\


Technically not possible. If you are, you'd have posted that from a looney bin... while in a straitjacket.
2562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Salt Lake City, Utah
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

BakaAgainstNarutards wrote:

I wonder why I see so many INTJs.
INTP here by the by


I think it's because people who watch anime are just smart and since they're smart they can't have intelligent chats with a lot of other people. So they have anime here to entertain themselves because they're smart and shy most of the time. I'm an INTJ and that's how I feel a lot of times.
33378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14


I do like the 3% margin between Thinking and Feeling
7161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14
These kinds of personality tests have always bothered me. A person's personality will change as a situation demands. For me, I have a preference to being alone and I enjoy the fact that I get to spend much of my time alone. But being a pianist I have to occasionally-more frequently now that I am entering college-put on recitals and performances. At those performances I am very outgoing.

It seems that personality tests are like porn, they reveal too little about a person.
1221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 5/19/14
Introverted as the test says. xD. Wow that was off for me.
9547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 5/19/14
Apparently an INTP.
35573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/19/14
INTP
16761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14
Im an extrovert who needs his alone time every once in a while.
14466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14

Atheyon wrote:

These kinds of personality tests have always bothered me. A person's personality will change as a situation demands. For me, I have a preference to being alone and I enjoy the fact that I get to spend much of my time alone. But being a pianist I have to occasionally-more frequently now that I am entering college-put on recitals and performances. At those performances I am very outgoing.

It seems that personality tests are like porn, they reveal too little about a person.


They reflect tendencies more or less than absolutes. Its very common for primarily introverted people to flip the switch when something interests them. These profiles are mainly for personal growth. Being able to switch between those mentalities earnestly without putting on a facade comes with experience.
6069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14
I am introverted insofar as I need quite a bit of alone time to process things and "recharge" after social activities. I am not quiet and I am not particularly shy. I love people and being around people, but I can only be around people so much until I literally need to retreat into a quiet space and turn into a hermit for a while.

But yes, I am introverted, though not excessively so.

Edit: To add some psychology to the mix, these personality tests are not valid metrics and are not used by professionals. Introversion and extraversion are typically defined by where a person draws energy from: being alone or being with others. Those that get their energy from being alone are classified as introverts and those that get their energy by being with others are classified as extraverts. It is more of a spectrum than a binary condition and a person can have both introverted and extraverted traits at the same time. Most people tend to fall somewhere in the middle and are a balance of the two.

Edit 2: According to the Myers-Briggs, I would be an ISFP.
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/19/14
INTJ! So introvert
17562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/20/14

demongurrl13 wrote:


shirayukiIce wrote:

I already know I'm 100% introvert :\


Technically not possible. If you are, you'd have posted that from a looney bin... while in a straitjacket.


...okay
10114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/14
ISTJ, I even work in a career for my personality type.
18972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/20/14

thecate wrote:

I am introverted insofar as I need quite a bit of alone time to process things and "recharge" after social activities. I am not quiet and I am not particularly shy. I love people and being around people, but I can only be around people so much until I literally need to retreat into a quiet space and turn into a hermit for a while.

But yes, I am introverted, though not excessively so.

Edit: To add some psychology to the mix, these personality tests are not valid metrics and are not used by professionals. Introversion and extraversion are typically defined by where a person draws energy from: being alone or being with others. Those that get their energy from being alone are classified as introverts and those that get their energy by being with others are classified as extraverts. It is more of a spectrum than a binary condition and a person can have both introverted and extraverted traits at the same time. Most people tend to fall somewhere in the middle and are a balance of the two.

Edit 2: According to the Myers-Briggs, I would be an ISFP.


Oh my gosh you're me!

NO but seriously, a lot of people that I'm friends with see me as outgoing and not shy. But really I'm a fairly big introvert. As in if I hang out or do some really 'outgoing' activity where I'm in big crowds, I literally HAVE to crawl in a hole for a day or two and recharge. It's really weird. I love being in crowds sometimes, meeting new people, and socializing but I love being alone more some of the times. I always need my recharge times and when I work jobs where I have to be social day after day, I am exhausted.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.