First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Toaru series
141035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / CO, USA
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

stark700 wrote:


ThundahKnuckles wrote:

Why not both? An Accelerator series would blind me with badassery and a continuation of Index would make me the happiest dude on the planet! Frankly, they would be rather stupid not to continue the series in any way. The Index series by itself did great. Come on JC Staff! Milk that cash cow!


There's a manga based on Accelerator though. However. if it gets an anime adaption, most of it would be filler and anime original material considering there's only like 6 hapters out.



A fair point. However, I would still want to see it. That would be the series I would buy a CR subscription for.
24614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14
Screw it. Tsuchimikado needs his own spin off series.
50983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 5/19/14
I'd go for a series about Saten and Uihara (sp).

Or maybe the new characters that I've heard about but haven't seen. Enough level 5s and no more goddamn Touma EVER.
62784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14
They just don't show Touma's good points in the anime. /sigh

I am completely serious when I say this: they could make a whole show JUST on Touma's school life. And it would be hilarious. If only they stayed truer to the source material.
29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

windsagio wrote:

I'd go for a series about Saten and Uihara (sp).

Or maybe the new characters that I've heard about but haven't seen. Enough level 5s and no more goddamn Touma EVER.


You're not a fan of Touma the woman puncher? lol
50983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

TrueGoober wrote:


windsagio wrote:

I'd go for a series about Saten and Uihara (sp).

Or maybe the new characters that I've heard about but haven't seen. Enough level 5s and no more goddamn Touma EVER.


You're not a fan of Touma the woman puncher? lol


He might be my most hated protagonist in anime :p

It's not just his remedial cliche personality,the would-make-batman-retire-in-shame level of plot armor he gets that really fries me.
29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

windsagio wrote:

He might be my most hated protagonist in anime :p

It's not just his remedial cliche personality,the would-make-batman-retire-in-shame level of plot armor he gets that really fries me.


For some reason, I'm a fan of those two things you hate. I have a strange way of completely embracing a show's glaring flaws and liking it all the more for some reason. It's hilarious how many devious plots he can completely shut down just by punching someone in the face.
50983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

TrueGoober wrote:


windsagio wrote:

He might be my most hated protagonist in anime :p

It's not just his remedial cliche personality,the would-make-batman-retire-in-shame level of plot armor he gets that really fries me.


For some reason, I'm a fan of those two things you hate. I have a strange way of completely embracing a show's glaring flaws and liking it all the more for some reason. It's hilarious how many devious plots he can completely shut down just by punching someone in the face.


It's also that he's so close to being great. I think toaru is best when it's focusing on the weak or powerless characters and at its worst when focusing on the level 5's or Touma (who has cheat codes). If he was written a little more subtly or his ability wasn't so Bink-esque he'd be a great disadvantaged protagonist. As it is, he's just a reminder that the writer didn't think things through very well.
62784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

windsagio wrote:
It's also that he's so close to being great. I think toaru is best when it's focusing on the weak or powerless characters and at its worst when focusing on the level 5's or Touma (who has cheat codes). If he was written a little more subtly or his ability wasn't so Bink-esque he'd be a great disadvantaged protagonist. As it is, he's just a reminder that the writer didn't think things through very well.

Er, that's not true at all. I am assuming all you have seen are the mooks he's been up against in the anime. It has not yet reached the levels where someone moves faster then the speed of sound (there, are, several), does things that can make the whole earth explode just by thinking, just too much "magic" for his right hand.

I think they have shown he is just a "regular high school student without any special training". That means, he gets tired, he is weak, he is dumb. He is normal. There is nothing special about him, and that kind of becomes the point later.
16488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

windsagio wrote:


TrueGoober wrote:


windsagio wrote:

I'd go for a series about Saten and Uihara (sp).

Or maybe the new characters that I've heard about but haven't seen. Enough level 5s and no more goddamn Touma EVER.


You're not a fan of Touma the woman puncher? lol


He might be my most hated protagonist in anime :p

It's not just his remedial cliche personality,the would-make-batman-retire-in-shame level of plot armor he gets that really fries me.


To be fair a lot of the appeal of the character didn't get translated well into the anime. They removed a huge freaking chunk of his character development, hell they removed a huge chunk of his inner monologue which is where a lot of that development took place. A lot of his fights are in first person perspective and you can see his thought processes in the fight scenes(trying to figure out attack patterns, taking tactical hits, etc.), which are usually really good and pretty smart too. Also as of the latest arc of the LN he completed a really good character arc so overall I say that I do like even if he's pretty typical.
50983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14

bathroom64 wrote:


windsagio wrote:
It's also that he's so close to being great. I think toaru is best when it's focusing on the weak or powerless characters and at its worst when focusing on the level 5's or Touma (who has cheat codes). If he was written a little more subtly or his ability wasn't so Bink-esque he'd be a great disadvantaged protagonist. As it is, he's just a reminder that the writer didn't think things through very well.

Er, that's not true at all. I am assuming all you have seen are the mooks he's been up against in the anime. It has not yet reached the levels where someone moves faster then the speed of sound (there, are, several), does things that can make the whole earth explode just by thinking, just too much "magic" for his right hand.

I think they have shown he is just a "regular high school student without any special training". That means, he gets tired, he is weak, he is dumb. He is normal. There is nothing special about him, and that kind of becomes the point later.


Well I don't want to turn this into a hate-rant, but I'll just say that the accellerator fight goes against that point. They had to go out of their way to find attacks from accellerator that touma's power couldn't block. Accelerator jobbed that fight harder than Sal Sincere.

(I actually did research on pro wrestling for the sake of this post)!

Edit: And yes I'm judging by the anime. From what I hear the written versions might as well be a whole 'nother series for all the differences.
1838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

bathroom64 wrote:


LBK6579 wrote:
So I've heard a lot about the Toaru Majutsu franchise and I want to watch but I don't know in wich order I should be watching the series, So I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what's the best order to watch Toaru Majutsu in?

Index 1, Railgun 1, Index 2, Railgun 2.

Accelerator gets way more intense, even if he started with the most OP ability you can think of.

I will warn you, the Railgun (anime) is populated with filler arcs. So much so, that half of it is filler. Canon filler. Without point. The Railgun (manga) and Index (Light Novels) expand way more for viewers who are left confused on what exactly happened on all of it.


Alright thanks! Do I miss alot from the original source by watching the anime only or no.,?
62784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14

LBK6579 wrote:
Alright thanks! Do I miss alot from the original source by watching the anime only or no.,?

IMO, yes. The light novels are better. They explain stuff (as only light novels can). Plus, look at it this way, which was better explained: the harry potter movies, or the book?
62784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

windsagio wrote:
Edit: And yes I'm judging by the anime. From what I hear the written versions might as well be a whole 'nother series for all the differences.

You are right on this point, but we all want to see our favorite characters in pretty moving pictures right?
16488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14

(I actually did research on pro wrestling for the sake of this post)!

Edit: And yes I'm judging by the anime. From what I hear the written versions might as well be a whole 'nother series for all the differences.


Yeah they kinda are. I like to compare the anime of Index to the Green Lantern movie, where everything (protagonist, side characters, plot,etc.) are incredibly meh but overall a decent flick, but do you really want that representing Green Lantern? I don't read too many comics but even I know that Green Lantern is leagues above what that movie was and fans should not be satisfied with that level of representation.

The anime just has way too much of JC Staff JC Staff-ing all over the series (includes but not limited to extending slice of life sequences, cutting from plot and character development, and having difficulty with fight scenes although they seem to have been getting better with that recently...). Though this doesn't surprise me... they were responsible for the most hated anime adaptation of all time after all.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.