Does Elfied Lied continues from the Manga?
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/14
Basically I'm on episode 8 right now on Elfied lied and I've heard after the final episode there isn't a season 2. Then my friend tells me that if you read the manga it countinues of where the anime ended. So I would like to know what volume and chapter is that. I also heard that the ending of the anime is totally different from the Manga? If that's true then why read the manga after the Anime? Please no spoilers because I am only on episode 8 in the Anime :)
Really appreciate the help ^^
215213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 5/19/14
There's no season 2 but the manga definitely continues from where the anime leaves off. If you've enjoyed the anime, I'd suggest giving the manga a try since there are some significant changes and expansion to the story~
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14
I believe it continues on volume 7, but i think you should read the whole manga series, because there a lot of stuff the anime doesn't cover
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14
The manga is a lot better than the anime and hopefully someday it'll have a new adaptation made with double the episodes that actually has a complete story.

It worked for Fullmetal Alchemist after all :P

Elfen Lied was a lot of build up to an ending that the anime just threw together. Nothing is properly explained and there's no decent resolution. They really should have waited for the manga to complete before going forward with it.
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

stark700 wrote:

There's no season 2 but the manga definitely continues from where the anime leaves off. If you've enjoyed the anime, I'd suggest giving the manga a try since there are some significant changes and expansion to the story~

'significant changes'? How significant? Will I get confused if I read the Manga? Please no spoilers
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

Dorien999 wrote:

I believe it continues on volume 7, but i think you should read the whole manga series, because there a lot of stuff the anime doesn't cover

Thank you. I probably start from Season 1 but I'm not sure yet. If 1-7 covers 90% of the Anime then I probally will skip 1-7. Correct me if I'm wrong
215213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 5/19/14

Kappuccino wrote:


stark700 wrote:

There's no season 2 but the manga definitely continues from where the anime leaves off. If you've enjoyed the anime, I'd suggest giving the manga a try since there are some significant changes and expansion to the story~

'significant changes'? How significant? Will I get confused if I read the Manga? Please no spoilers


The plot after the finale continues and many events altered.
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

Balzack wrote:

The manga is a lot better than the anime and hopefully someday it'll have a new adaptation made with double the episodes that actually has a complete story.

It worked for Fullmetal Alchemist after all :P

Elfen Lied was a lot of build up to an ending that the anime just threw together. Nothing is properly explained and there's no decent resolution. They really should have waited for the manga to complete before going forward with it.

Ah I see. So both ending are the same but the Anime version was rushed? No spoilers please :D
11397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

stark700 wrote:


Kappuccino wrote:


stark700 wrote:

There's no season 2 but the manga definitely continues from where the anime leaves off. If you've enjoyed the anime, I'd suggest giving the manga a try since there are some significant changes and expansion to the story~

'significant changes'? How significant? Will I get confused if I read the Manga? Please no spoilers


The plot after the finale continues and many events altered.

Ah oki doki. Thank you :)
May I ask also why isn't there a Season 2? I'm pretty dam sure Elfied lied was popular back then so why no Season 2? Let me guess.. money issues?
215213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14

Kappuccino wrote:

Ah oki doki. Thank you :)
May I ask also why isn't there a Season 2? I'm pretty dam sure Elfied lied was popular back then so why no Season 2? Let me guess.. money issues?


I'm not sure honestly but if anything, I hope for a remake and adapt the manga faithfully to its entirety.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14

Kappuccino wrote:
...
Ah oki doki. Thank you :)
May I ask also why isn't there a Season 2? I'm pretty dam sure Elfied lied was popular back then so why no Season 2? Let me guess.. money issues?


Watch and read Brynhildr in the Darkness! It is by the same author, similar in many ways and quite good.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

hpulley wrote:

Watch and read Brynhildr in the Darkness! It is by the same author, similar in many ways and quite good.


Seconded.
One Punch Mod
85861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/19/14

Kappuccino wrote:

Basically I'm on episode 8 right now on Elfied lied and I've heard after the final episode there isn't a season 2. Then my friend tells me that if you read the manga it countinues of where the anime ended. So I would like to know what volume and chapter is that. I also heard that the ending of the anime is totally different from the Manga? If that's true then why read the manga after the Anime? Please no spoilers because I am only on episode 8 in the Anime :)
Really appreciate the help ^^


Hi! Please, please, please, as you have been asked to do before, use The Anime Help Thread or The Manga Help Thread when requesting information about anime or manga, such as this.

I'm glad everyone was so helpful and that you got the answers you needed, but again, please use the designated threads for asking questions instead of starting your own threads.

Thank you.
You must be logged in to post.