First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
What do you think is the most controversial issue?
8863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 5/23/14

ssantiesteban wrote:

child pornography.


Really? Isn't that kind of black and white, either you are a creepy sick pedophile or you find it morally reprehensible?

548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/23/14


This is so true. Because then the people who are prejudiced justify their reverse-racism/sexism/etc. because the other group who has prejudiced them before doesn't get discriminated against as much . Then it turns into one big mess because it just makes some people from the group who has discriminated angry and be more prejudiced, and vice versa, and everyone is saying racist, prejudiced thing about other races or groups. It's never going to end unless people are going to realize that people's races/sexuality/gender are part of their identity, but those don't make them up entirely, that those aren't their only defining traits, and that people can't just be all lumped together.
But, of course, this is a extremely controversial topic because many people feel strongly about their racism and justifications for said racism, so it's not so much a topic as something that people argue about without actually discussing it. It usually ends in people having the same prejudices or opinions and not changing anything, because their prejudices are so deeply rooted that they sometimes can't even think about if everyone was actually equal and there was no need for the hate or stereotypes on which they so heavily rely on for conversation or joke material.
42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/23/14 , edited 5/23/14
Spanking your child.

8353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/23/14
Religion. Its almost a taboo subject in my experience. Most people just don't want to discuss this important subject, I find this the case with my own family.
Posted 5/24/14

Zachman wrote:

Abortion and religion for me.

Well for people around me. I'm agnostic which means I get thrown in with the Atheists who get lumped in with the Satanists. It's some really confusing shit. And I'm pro-abortion. We are a crowded species, and I find it funny how religious people want to act like they have a say in this matter when they're always "free-willing" themselves everywhere. There's probably a small fraction of abortions compared to how many humans are pumped out each and every day, so I see no problem with trimming the species. Hell China even has a one child per family rule or something to that effect.


lol

43460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 5/24/14

severticas wrote:


Zachman wrote:

Abortion and religion for me.

Well for people around me. I'm agnostic which means I get thrown in with the Atheists who get lumped in with the Satanists. It's some really confusing shit. And I'm pro-abortion. We are a crowded species, and I find it funny how religious people want to act like they have a say in this matter when they're always "free-willing" themselves everywhere. There's probably a small fraction of abortions compared to how many humans are pumped out each and every day, so I see no problem with trimming the species. Hell China even has a one child per family rule or something to that effect.


lol



What? It's true.

China has a one per family rule, and the population there is near 1.5 billion according to Wiki (Bad source I know). I believe a study was even done, where they found there are 5 houses in America for every homeless person.

We are a crowded species, so crowded we destroy others constantly. George Carlin did a really good stand-up on this, but I dunno if I should link it with CR being PG-13 and all.

4761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/24/14 , edited 5/24/14

endallchaos wrote:

Subs vs Dubs


Hahahaha best answer
42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/24/14

TheRealEscargotpudding wrote:


endallchaos wrote:

Subs vs Dubs


Hahahaha best answer


One of those debates that will never end.
Rohzek 
15004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/24/14 , edited 5/24/14

prometheus8 wrote:

I have heard that it is not polite to speak of politics, or religion, over dinner with fancy folks. What do you think are the truely most controversial topics to exist? Who is the most controversial person of all time? Why?


By far it's politics. With religion there is a barrier. If they aren't religious the conversation dies immediately and people quickly move on. It's never been akin to dropping a deuce in the middle of the room, although with some people I hear that it is that way. If it is a discussion with someone who is religious themselves generally its more of a positive experience, at least for me, because then its about personal experiences and theological concepts.

With politics, everyone thinks they have the answer. I'm politically independent. I have always been that way, and have voted for various independent candidates as well as Dem and Rep. It's sorta difficult to even discuss political issues of today with people other than close friends. I'm currently a liberal arts graduate student. When I go to the grad student parties, its pretty frustrating. It's a bunch of VERY liberal people just confirming their own opinions when it comes to discussing their own opinions. I have no problem with very liberal people, in fact I enjoy listening to their opinions. But when someone challenges them on certain issues, I find the discussion not to last long. No one loses their temper. In fact, it seems to be spirited and intelligent. But then someone else will stand up and say, "Alright change of topic, because I think we can all agree that all Republicans are f**king stupid." Those kinds of comments shut down debate and exchange of ideas. So the party resumes the dull droll they always do: it goes along to the fine tune of some chick talking about the kinky sex websites she belongs to. I suppose talking about those things is more tactful and polite than discussing things that actually involve all of us. It becomes boring.
8148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/24/14
RELLLIGION! I can pin point a lot of problems to it...
Which is dumb. Why can't we be friends? Oh because I refuse to just be a cool about stuff and see through different point of views.
12390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/25/14
What is a friend? I believe this question has a lot of conversation behind it.

Somehow the typical "They have your back" and "They are there for you whether you ask or not" feel a bit exaggerated. Unfortunately, I've never encountered anyone like that.

I feel as though there are people who will do these things for you once or twice, but never have I seen someone who does it no matter the situation.
Posted 5/25/14 , edited 5/25/14

Zachman wrote:


severticas wrote:


Zachman wrote:

Abortion and religion for me.

Well for people around me. I'm agnostic which means I get thrown in with the Atheists who get lumped in with the Satanists. It's some really confusing shit. And I'm pro-abortion. We are a crowded species, and I find it funny how religious people want to act like they have a say in this matter when they're always "free-willing" themselves everywhere. There's probably a small fraction of abortions compared to how many humans are pumped out each and every day, so I see no problem with trimming the species. Hell China even has a one child per family rule or something to that effect.


lol



What? It's true.

China has a one per family rule, and the population there is near 1.5 billion according to Wiki (Bad source I know). I believe a study was even done, where they found there are 5 houses in America for every homeless person.

We are a crowded species, so crowded we destroy others constantly. George Carlin did a really good stand-up on this, but I dunno if I should link it with CR being PG-13 and all.



hakuna matata
43460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 5/25/14

severticas wrote:


Zachman wrote:


severticas wrote:


Zachman wrote:

Abortion and religion for me.

Well for people around me. I'm agnostic which means I get thrown in with the Atheists who get lumped in with the Satanists. It's some really confusing shit. And I'm pro-abortion. We are a crowded species, and I find it funny how religious people want to act like they have a say in this matter when they're always "free-willing" themselves everywhere. There's probably a small fraction of abortions compared to how many humans are pumped out each and every day, so I see no problem with trimming the species. Hell China even has a one child per family rule or something to that effect.


lol



What? It's true.

China has a one per family rule, and the population there is near 1.5 billion according to Wiki (Bad source I know). I believe a study was even done, where they found there are 5 houses in America for every homeless person.

We are a crowded species, so crowded we destroy others constantly. George Carlin did a really good stand-up on this, but I dunno if I should link it with CR being PG-13 and all.



hakuna matata


What a wonderful phrase.
Posted 5/25/14

Zachman wrote:


severticas wrote:

hakuna matata


What a wonderful phrase.


i know


gonna go watch this now, peace
10335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Alaska, USA
Offline
Posted 5/25/14
Science vs. Religion.

I am 100% Anti-religious. Don't get me wrong though, most of the people I know are religious, and you can believe in what you want, that is a right, but don't try to shove it onto tables in science classrooms claiming it as fact, when there is so much scientific evidence proving otherwise.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.