Post Reply Why I Stopped Watching Naruto Shippuden
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The IshVille
Offline
Posted 5/23/14 , edited 5/23/14
Because every time I log in to Crunchyroll, they put spoilers right on the top of the page, before you can close it.


That's right, I made this post just to complain. Because it's bush league tactics to get people to buy premium memberships by spoiling key stuff they haven't seen yet.

Bush league.

You may now delete this thread, because I know that you will. But I've said my piece. So I am satisfied.
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 5/23/14 , edited 5/23/14

supasoggyrolle wrote:


I think a lot of people feel the same way you do. I would also recommend you send what you wrote directly to Crunchyroll as constructive feedback through their Contact Us link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=contact . Let them know directly so that they can fine tune their episode descriptions and other site related things.

Giving them feedback, directly and not just in the forums, will help them better design the site for us.

Cheers.
43650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/23/14

supasoggyrolle wrote:

Because every time I log in to Crunchyroll, they put spoilers right on the top of the page, before you can close it. So, now I know the seal is broken and the 10 tails is released.

That's right, I made this post just to complain. Because it's bush league tactics to get people to buy premium memberships by spoiling key stuff they haven't seen yet.

Bush league.

You may now delete this thread, because I know that you will. But I've said my piece. So I am satisfied.
Probably two more effective places to give your feedback about this to get it noticed by someone on the CR staff would be these instead of the anime forum:

/forumcategory-391026/suggestions-feedback
/help?topic=contact

Not saying your complaint isn't valid, just that there are better (official) places to bring it to someone's attention...
33128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 5/23/14
Technically didn't you just do the very same thing you're complaining about?
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The IshVille
Offline
Posted 5/23/14 , edited 5/23/14

Hairbelly wrote:


supasoggyrolle wrote:


I think a lot of people feel the same way you do. I would also recommend you send what you wrote directly to Crunchyroll as constructive feedback through their Contact Us link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=contact . Let them know directly so that they can fine tune their episode descriptions and other site related things.

Giving them feedback, directly and not just in the forums, will help them better design the site for us.

Cheers.


I just contacted them through the link you shot me. Much appreciated. I think it's ridiculous, man. I mean, not everyone has premium accounts or stays up to date with Naruto every single week. It's ridiculous to ruin major events like that.
I wondered for a very long time who Tobi/Madara really was. Only to have it spoiled before I could see it. Irritating.

@Jeremy, my bad. I was mad and forgot to add spoiler tags. Added.
30697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 5/23/14
They give spoilers on the page? I usually just go straight to the episode when I know it's up. And it's not like most of use don't know what's going on anyways, seeing as how the manga is way ahead.
20621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Alpha Qudrant Sec...
Offline
Posted 5/23/14 , edited 5/23/14
Well it's nothing the opens don't already spoil anyway

like [MAJOR SPOILER

61568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/23/14
and here I just stopped watching because the show was boring.
Posted 5/23/14 , edited 5/23/14
i thought you would say because it wouldn't stop beating you over the head with fillers and an uninteresting plot. just stick to the manga..which isn't much better. it'll end, eventually
72866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 5/23/14
Bahaha, I guess I'm one of the few stuck still loving Shippuden.
386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 5/23/14

supasoggyrolle wrote:


Hairbelly wrote:


supasoggyrolle wrote:


I think a lot of people feel the same way you do. I would also recommend you send what you wrote directly to Crunchyroll as constructive feedback through their Contact Us link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=contact . Let them know directly so that they can fine tune their episode descriptions and other site related things.

Giving them feedback, directly and not just in the forums, will help them better design the site for us.

Cheers.


I just contacted them through the link you shot me. Much appreciated. I think it's ridiculous, man. I mean, not everyone has premium accounts or stays up to date with Naruto every single week. It's ridiculous to ruin major events like that.
I wondered for a very long time who Tobi/Madara really was. Only to have it spoiled before I could see it. Irritating.

@Jeremy, my bad. I was mad and forgot to add spoiler tags. Added.


I agree about the spoilers. Normally, I just move on to other anime before starting to watch naruto again when there's a good enough number of episodes added.
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/23/14 , edited 5/23/14
As everyone else has said, go to the feedback forum or use that link above (which you did).

I also think it's pretty lame that they post spoilers like that. It's weak propaganda.
158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 5/23/14
I stopped watching it after Neji and Naruto fight in the Chunin exam.
One Punch Mod
85910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/24/14

supasoggyrolle wrote:

....

You may now delete this thread, because I know that you will. But I've said my piece. So I am satisfied.


Not deleting or closing. It's legitimate feedback. Crunchy does not do a good job avoiding spoilers in those little banner announcements, nor in episode descriptions a lot of the time.

However, I have moved it out of the Anime forum to the Suggestions / Feedback forum.
You must be logged in to post.