First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Unreasonable Shipping Costs Prevent Sales
11110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/19/14
CR has relatively good prices for new release figures because Goodsmile's shipping is even worse.
I don't mind the $8 shipping price on soemthing that's $40+.
The problem is they charge $8 on EVERYTHING and nothing combines.
So if you buy a 3 pack of blind boxes like today's sale for $16, the shipping is $7.90.
It's just not worth it. And USPS has flat rate shipping boxes that those 3 blind boxes could fit in, and I'm sure it's not more than $5.
It's just not equitable. If the shipping were better, they'd make more sales, and they'd make more money.
11110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/14 , edited 6/20/14


See this is a prime example of a sale that gets canceled because of shipping. The shipping is more than an added 50%.
Clearly someone doesn't know math.
Because anyone with any business would do some cost to profit comparison and say "Oh hey look, we're not making sales because people see the shipping prices are bullshit."

I have to wonder how many people besides me look at the shipping and say. "Oh hell no." And empty their cart.

58688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 6/20/14

KuragariNoKaze wrote:



See this is a prime example of a sale that gets canceled because of shipping. The shipping is more than an added 50%.
Clearly someone doesn't know math.
Because anyone with any business would do some cost to profit comparison and say "Oh hey look, we're not making sales because people see the shipping prices are bullshit."

I have to wonder how many people besides me look at the shipping and say. "Oh hell no." And empty their cart.



Megahouse may be (probably are at those prices) shipping directly from Japan. $20+ sounds about right for EMS shipments.
Guardian of A/M/P
65280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 6/20/14

KuragariNoKaze wrote:



See this is a prime example of a sale that gets canceled because of shipping. The shipping is more than an added 50%.
Clearly someone doesn't know math.
Because anyone with any business would do some cost to profit comparison and say "Oh hey look, we're not making sales because people see the shipping prices are bullshit."

I have to wonder how many people besides me look at the shipping and say. "Oh hell no." And empty their cart.



I'm looking at this as an U.S. consumer that's just starting to look at Anime product and isn't too familiar with import shipping and such and is spoiled by the systems of the likes of Amazon and eBay. For a person like that, presumably a lot of people that's on crunchyroll, this example looks steep.

I am guessing that Crunchyroll is trying to bridge that gap and further perpetuate the culture, a culture that looks at these kinds of things. Most likely, these kinds of things, figures, toys, and such, got a major bump with Crunchyroll coming into play. People that likes the Anime culture that didn't look at these things before are probably looking into it now since it is more readily available and have more of an air time than just being at the corner of the internet.

Probably people who shopped the likes of Ami-Ami or Nippon Yassan will find that the import shipping kind of reasonable because of the nature of things of this being a niche product.; it just comes with the territory, since of course things from Japan. Though, a lot of the base of customers on crunchyroll isn't just that type of consumer. The consumer culture is probably more leaning, again, to what Amazon and eBay spoiled them to.

It's nice that Crunchyroll is giving the Anime figure and merchandise a high octane boost. It should be understandable that they are still playing it safe as this looks like an offset project that might evolve to something bigger. Probably going in the future, Crunchyroll will become more of a major player in the distribution and such, so the base might be more geared towards the U.S. and will result into lower shipping. Though, as you mentioned, the shipping is disuading the customers to gearing this up to the next level. This all depends on whether Crunchyroll wants to take the risk and overextend that way. Well, let's just see.


Still, that is a steep shipping price. I bought my Saber figure elsewhere, eBay, to get a better deal because of that same reason.
67049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / F / Vermont
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

If I can ship a 5 lb textbook for under $5 with USPS, then crunchyroll can figure out a way to ship a figure that's less than a pound for less than $12.


A 5 pound text book is a book and can ship by media mail which can only be used for books, DVDs, and CDs. Media mail is super cheap compared to all other services and cannot be used for figures or anything else. Distance also has everything to do with it. If you shipped the book one state over it's cheap (even without media mail). Several states away it starts to get expensive. If the item is coming from Japan there is just no way to get cheap shipping. I order from Japan a lot and a small box that weighs just a couple of pounds is about $21 for surface mail which takes about 3 or 4 weeks most times. EMS which goes by air takes about 2 days but is double the price, so the same package I paid $21 for is about $35 to $40. Crunchyroll is offering a service that helps it generate extra income. People just need to decided if the deal is worth it with shipping or not. Many of the deals are really a deal, just skip the ones that don't make sense.

I personally hate to pay a lot of shipping because it makes things more expense. But I DO understand why people charge. There are plenty of times the shipping cost is outrageous but I have to admit that Crunchyroll is charging normal and fair shipping prices. Not everyone is Amazon.com nor can they be. That's just the way it is.
11110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
It's not "that's just the way it is" ugh. The sheer idiocy in here excusing poor business is mind boggling.
Guardian of A/M/P
65280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14

KuragariNoKaze wrote:

It's not "that's just the way it is" ugh. The sheer idiocy in here excusing poor business is mind boggling.


I'm guessing this is where the discussion will hit an impasse. My guess to the next responses from the staff are along the lines of "What's being presented is what we can do right now. The crunchyroll store is still in its infancy. We are working on it with the distributors. In the future, we hope to provide the community lower shipping prices and better shopping experience. For now, please be patient. Thanks for your feedback and support."

I more than agree with you, and you have a very valid point. Though, the best thing, as I've learned with the back and forths with the staff and their conversations with other users, is to suggest and hope for the best and follow up.

11110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
There's a point where people stop using common sense. When you say nothing can be changed, when clearly something needs to be changed in order to improve sales, there's something wrong. And like I said, with what I've seen from CR's staff, I'm more likely to conclude that it's the result of incompetence than any other reason.
8032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/14 , edited 10/31/14
It's just that the special deals in the CR store won't be shipped to France.
That's quite sad to know.
It would be better for us, and for CR to include France and other countries
Crunchyroll Store Manager
42984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/31/14

ShoodeX wrote:

It's just that the special deals in the CR store won't be shipped to France.
That's quite sad to know.
It would be better for us, and for CR to include France and other countries


:< These mystery bundles are shipped from the US and the international costs are horrendous. I calculated it out and shipping for the DVD box would be close to 80 USD. I don't want to subject you guys to such stupid shipping charges.

So I made a solution. Check back tomorrow because I made some deals that can be shipped internationally for a more reasonable price!
26300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/14 , edited 10/31/14

Loveless100 wrote:

:< These mystery bundles are shipped from the US and the international costs are horrendous. I calculated it out and shipping for the DVD box would be close to 80 USD. I don't want to subject you guys to such stupid shipping charges.

So I made a solution. Check back tomorrow because I made some deals that can be shipped internationally for a more reasonable price! :D


I still think you could give us the option at least.
I bought a few things from rightstuf before and one order came too $540 and $62.50 of that was postage.
So yes there would be people who go it's a rip off postage wise but there would be some who wont mind eg Me! Maybe next time ?



8032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/14

Loveless100 wrote:


ShoodeX wrote:

It's just that the special deals in the CR store won't be shipped to France.
That's quite sad to know.
It would be better for us, and for CR to include France and other countries


:< These mystery bundles are shipped from the US and the international costs are horrendous. I calculated it out and shipping for the DVD box would be close to 80 USD. I don't want to subject you guys to such stupid shipping charges.

So I made a solution. Check back tomorrow because I made some deals that can be shipped internationally for a more reasonable price! :D


Ok thanks for saying that , I wasn't really aware of the shipping price
25078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
It's weird how the "Crunchyroll UK" store ships from the US. I go to buy the NGNL shirt (£9.50) and the shipping is £7.40!
15532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 12/6/14 , edited 12/9/14

KuragariNoKaze wrote:

It's not "that's just the way it is" ugh. The sheer idiocy in here excusing poor business is mind boggling.



i agree with the points you're making about shipping, but dude...chill out. nobody is interested in your fedora tipping. if you want to change something, make a good argument. if you want to be ignored, act like a dick and start insulting everyone for no reason. case in point, two CR staff have actually posted in this thread...and neither were talking to you.
2302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 12/6/14
This is why I do my purchasing elsewhere. The only thing I've purchased from Crunchyroll's store was 2 DVD mystery boxes. The price on shipping has nearly doubled on these since my order. I will not buy another mystery box if shipping charges are $8, and it's going to be shipped media mail, which is under $5.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.