First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Doctor Who
8139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Moving account
Offline
Posted 1/11/15

skeepnunkey wrote:
The ending with all the different statues was so mean. I recognized some of them from my city, which as a child was awful

i honestly thought the doctor left them for dead, he is such a genius and that would of been awful, i wouldn't have taken my eyes off of them even for a second if i had to go near them
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/11/15

tracyleaann98 wrote:

i honestly thought the doctor left them for dead, he is such a genius and that would of been awful, i wouldn't have taken my eyes off of them even for a second if i had to go near them

You'd think with all the great episodes Moffat writes he'd be a better showrunner.
8139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Moving account
Offline
Posted 1/11/15

skeepnunkey wrote:


tracyleaann98 wrote:

i honestly thought the doctor left them for dead, he is such a genius and that would of been awful, i wouldn't have taken my eyes off of them even for a second if i had to go near them

You'd think with all the great episodes Moffat writes he'd be a better showrunner.


what do you mean by a better show runner ( and i have only seen up to halfway through season four, Donna is sure loud )
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/11/15 , edited 1/11/15

tracyleaann98 wrote:

what do you mean by a better show runner ( and i have only seen up to halfway through season four, Donna is sure loud )


Ahh, well, he doesn't become showrunner until Season 5. So you might get what I mean by then. I just think the season wide stories since he became showrunner aren't as solid as they could be.
8139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Moving account
Offline
Posted 1/11/15

skeepnunkey wrote:
Ahh, well, he doesn't become showrunner until Season 5. So you might get what I mean by then. I just think the season wide stories since he became showrunner aren't as solid as they could be.

well i look forward to see what happens in doctor who it's still fantastic
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/11/15

tracyleaann98 wrote:

well i look forward to see what happens in doctor who it's still fantastic


Matt Smith is awesome, so you're in for a treat(Peter Capaldi is doing good so far)
8139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Moving account
Offline
Posted 1/11/15
SurrealStorm it's like a trick question, isn't it
39017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Tralfamadore
Offline
Posted 1/14/15
Been a fan for a very long time. "An Unearthly Child" is one of the best episodes ever. Matt Smith really took off once Amy & Rory left.
Waiting to see how Capaidi develops, not too sure about Missy,(more a silly sociopath than the evil genius of evil genius's).
Posted 1/18/15
Haven't really watched that many episodes, but I still like it.

Also, bowties are cool.
50506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 1/18/15
^
Damn straight.


That said, I'd stopped about when Tenant left, though that was more due to busyness than anything else.
I plan to resume when I've dwindled my queue of other shows.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 1/21/15
Been watching since Tom Baker days. (4th Doctor)
Also had caught some Pertwee (3rd) and Troughton (2nd) and Hartnell (1st) episodes in reruns

The 6th Doctor was the worst, Pertwee a runner up for this

Because of this and the fact that Capaldi has said he has taken inspiration from Pertwee I haven't really been greating a good vibe from this doctor.

The series acted like almost a reboot with the Christmas day special that wrapped up the loose ends, followed by setting much of Dr. Who at that school where Hartnell had his granddaughter attend. (Yes the doctor had real family)

I can't wait for Capaldi to be written out and they bring a better doctor in (He doesn't need to be some nerd girls fantasy boy like Tenant (10th), but please let the next one not be an utter tool like Capaldi)

Also: Danny Pink is as annoying as EARLY Rory (you know before Rory grew a set). I think only Turlough was worse than this! (Yes even Adric was better)
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 2/9/15
I have high hopes for capaldi, his doctor is everything of the classic doctors but true to the revival too. He i think will get more kinder to his companions but darker to the villains and supporting characters. Tennant gave no 2nd chances after giving them a chance, capaldi more likely will not give them that.

Like to see more terrifying episodes and darker stories as well as more of strax, jenny and vastra! They should get a mini series or a set of novels or audio stories. Considering how well loved & popular they are.
182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Beach, California
Offline
Posted 9/3/15

Ze_Fever wrote:

I love Doctor Who!

I love Doctor Who. Doctor Who is in list of my favorite.
3492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 9/15/15

eightcar wrote:

Been watching since Tom Baker days. (4th Doctor)
Also had caught some Pertwee (3rd) and Troughton (2nd) and Hartnell (1st) episodes in reruns

The 6th Doctor was the worst, Pertwee a runner up for this

Because of this and the fact that Capaldi has said he has taken inspiration from Pertwee I haven't really been greating a good vibe from this doctor.

The series acted like almost a reboot with the Christmas day special that wrapped up the loose ends, followed by setting much of Dr. Who at that school where Hartnell had his granddaughter attend. (Yes the doctor had real family)

I can't wait for Capaldi to be written out and they bring a better doctor in (He doesn't need to be some nerd girls fantasy boy like Tenant (10th), but please let the next one not be an utter tool like Capaldi)

Also: Danny Pink is as annoying as EARLY Rory (you know before Rory grew a set). I think only Turlough was worse than this! (Yes even Adric was better)



I agree that Colin Baker was the worst of the classic series Doctors, although at least we got to see him team with Patrick Troughton. Jon Pertwee? Come on, I know he was the most serious of the Doctors, but his era introduced the Master, the Silurians, and the Sontarans, not to mention his era gave U.N.I.T justice. Oh as for the subject of Adric, I liked his exit in "Earthshock", but not because I didn't like his character (he got more likable later on). I like the idea of sacrificing oneself for the greater good, it shows that you can't have a triumph without a tragedy.
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 9/17/15
I want to see multi companions, a tardis overfilled with people. Seems perfect for series 10, if coleman does leave. Seems fitting with capaldi.

I'd like to see an alien companion, someone who finds it hard fitting in with modern day earth but actually fits in well with the alien races, reminding us how strange humans really are.

A partial converted cyberman, someone who retains their human side but has tech/armour from the cybermen. Preferably the mondos variant, as cybus would be body parts in a suit. Probably ideal character to be like adriac, a character who saves the day when the doctor can't save him. Also a key role in that the doctor isn't perfect/save everyone & potential companion departures.

A samurai/soldier from feudal japan, a wider variety of male companions plus someone who is from the past trying to fit in with modern day. Also be interesting if he, the most loyal companion, turns his back on the doctor. Willingly give up the adventures because he sees the doctor become less caring, a hint to the valeyard persona.

A female companion who is different to the new who companions so far.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.