First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Open letter to Baker McrDonald
25066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 5/26/14 , edited 5/27/14
Dear Baker McDonald,

As the Customer Support Manager at Crunchyroll one would assume you read many comments on this forum.

I am deeply frustrated that there hasn't been a formal response to when crunchyroll will update their Roku app to support 1080p. The current Crunchyroll app was last updated in 2012. With this said, there appears to be an abandonment of the Roku platform.

I, like many of your customers, want the best experience when watching anime on a TV. As a paying customer I feel it's not to much to expect a straight answer.

So, I ask you - when will customers using a Roku device be able to experience 1080p?

Customers do have choices.

Regards,

A dissatisfied customer.
Bjaker 
52773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 5/26/14


Howdy!

It's coming soon. :)

No, I can't give you a date, or any specifics, but I know that it's coming soon.

Best,
-Baker
31301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 5/26/14 , edited 5/26/14
I've been waiting for a long time for HD on the Roku and it's really painful because it's been taking a long time. I don't want to buy an Apple TV because I want to wait until they release a "newer" version. And the wait for the Roku app is just killing me with the anticipation.

I just hope it comes during my birthday or during the beginning of summer break.

Although the Roku app currently old, I still think it is the best way to watch Crunchyroll on TV. I don't have an Apple TV, but I do know it's better than the PS3 app. But when the update happens with HD, it will make it 9000% much better.
The Wise Wizard
100941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 5/26/14

Bjaker wrote:

No, I can't give you a date, or any specifics, but I know that it's coming soon.

So I take it Roku still hasn't given either a thumbs up or thumbs down on the latest submission of the app.

Bjaker 
52773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 5/26/14


Not that I've heard. I'll follow up with the engineers this week though.

-B
25066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 5/27/14 , edited 5/27/14
Thank you for your response; however, we (I and the rest of this community) are no better off getting an answer when this question was originally asked ten months ago.

I do truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to this question, but honestly, remain frustrated and dissatisfied with the response Crunchyroll provided their customers so far. I am sure I am not alone in wanting to know when there will be an update.

I don't know you personally, so I can only take what you have to say at face value. Whether what you said in your previous post is true or not; it doesn't matter at this point. We haven't had a straight answer to date. It's my opinion that generally when companies don't provide information on product updates - they don't have anything new in the works. In point, no updates coming to the Roku to support 1080p.

Only time (and your reputation) will tell. I just hope my opinion on this matter is wrong.




The Wise Wizard
100941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 5/27/14 , edited 5/27/14

costanzo98031 wrote:

It's my opinion that generally when companies don't provide information on product updates - they don't have anything new in the works. In point, no updates coming to the Roku to support 1080p.

Crunchyroll apparently submitted an HD-capable version of the app to Roku for approval over two weeks ago. (Per a post by a Roku rep in their forum, 2 weeks was the typical turnaround time last year for app approval). That app submission was what I was asking Bjaker about.

This does, however, make the third time they've submitted the app (with revisions after the first two rejections), so one can hardly say they don't have anything new in the works.

25066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 5/27/14

TheAncientOne
This does, however, make the third time they've submitted the app (with revisions after the first two rejections), so one can hardly say they don't have anything new in the works.


What you say may be true; however, all I have read so far on this forum was from "other members" that state this update has been submitted, rejected, waiting for approval, etc... Again, given that there has been no official word from Crunchyroll, one can only assume these related posts are only speculation and not based on fact.

When I check the new channel section on Roku, there seams to be 5 to 10 new Church related channels available every week. This would lead many to believe that Roku's approval process isn't as restrictive as lead to believe here in this forum.

I don't want anyone on this community to think I am being a troll. I just don't understand why Crunchyroll can't simply be forthcoming with a release date...

I and other members of this comunity respectfully request an official answer from Crunchyroll to when owners of Roku devices can experience their anime subscriptions in full 1080p.

If this forum isn't the correct venue to ask, then please tell us where we may find answers?



The Wise Wizard
100941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 5/27/14

costanzo98031 wrote:

What you say may be true; however, all I have read so far on this forum was from "other members" that state this update has been submitted, rejected, waiting for approval, etc... Again, given that there has been no official word from Crunchyroll, one can only assume these related posts are only speculation and not based on fact.

Unless you consider what the customer service personnel say as not "official", the first submission, first rejection, and second submission were per official word from CR. They don't shout them from the rooftops, but if you had been checking the new messages in this section on a regular basis (as I do), you would have seen them. CR isn't going to spread the news far and wide about any new Roku app until they have something for users.

50717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 5/28/14
I'm not trying to belittle anyone who is working on the roku app but if it is rejected again maybe CR should contract someone to produce it. Let's just say I hope we see an update before Roku 4 is released Fingers crossed the latest update is accepted
8398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / the internet
Offline
Posted 5/28/14
Baker, can you bake me a cake?
Bjaker 
52773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 5/29/14


Yes *nod*

29070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/2/14 , edited 6/2/14

Bjaker wrote:



Not that I've heard. I'll follow up with the engineers this week though.

-B


I don't suppose you got a chance to talk to the engineers yet, have you?
Bjaker 
52773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 6/3/14


Yes, things didn't go so well with the resubmit so we're addressing the things pointed out by Roku and will resubmit soon.

-B
31301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

Bjaker wrote:

Yes, things didn't go so well with the resubmit so we're addressing the things pointed out by Roku and will resubmit soon.

-B


Oh no! Hearing that makes me feel that I was stabbed in the heart...
Any chances of putting up the app as a private beta test channel? Since it's been taking forever because of Roku (and it seems like there is a lot of demand for the new roku app).
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.