First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Parasyte –the maxim- Anticipation and Discussion
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/8/14
Read the manga 20 years ago. Never imagined it would get an anime adaptation, let alone one this good. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas! Creepy as hell, uncensored. As it should be.

This, locked in.

Terraformars, dropped.
22631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/8/14

hpulley wrote:

Read the manga 20 years ago. Never imagined it would get an anime adaptation, let alone one this good. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas! Creepy as hell, uncensored. As it should be.

This, locked in.

Terraformars, dropped.


Terraformars I dropped at the start.

Anime for this? Crazy. As per you, I have original green covered mirrored, and the re-release. Parasyte is considered one of my top manga's ever made. When it comes to manga, no matter the talent, most every writer and artist seems to emulate to somebody else. Very few are pure original, but I consider Parasyte to be one of them. The discussion and quality for the time was astounding. I hope I am not disappointed.
95158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 10/8/14
Storyboarding here is top notch. They are planning out the scenes just right to avoid censoring. With Terraformars the gore very in your face, organs flying around the screen, which is why it gets so heavily censored.

Here it's more more effective using Lighting and camera placement. that scene with the cloths line. You really can't see much, but you know what it is and your mind fills in the details for you. Much more effective.

Horror vs. Splatter. I'll pick horror every time.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/14


The most annoying part of terraformers was the censorship. I assume they did that to sell blu rays otherwise i dont know. Terraformers as a whole felt like one of those b movies you see on sci fi. Like sharknado.

anyway parasyte was amazing, and surprised the hell out of me. Good thing i avoid hype threads. no expectations results in one of the best highs.
22631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/8/14

moratorium wrote:

The most annoying part of terraformers was the censorship. I assume they did that to sell blu rays otherwise i dont know. Terraformers as a whole felt like one of those b movies you see on sci fi. Like sharknado.

anyway parasyte was amazing, and surprised the hell out of me. Good thing i avoid hype threads. no expectations results in one of the best highs.


TBH, I didn't even think about the censorship. It was done decently so that didn't bother me. However, it did have the feel that stuff was going to be exaderated and just shock value. Kinda Gantz syndrome which rates as one of my all time lows.

I do have slight concerns with the Parasyte anime, but is typical manga comparison stuff. Some stuff just seems too fast, but that is do to time. However, there is one thing that is lacking, which if you read the manga really made the style. Eyes. Hitoshi Iwaaki really excelled at drawing expression and created a style that still sticks in my brain. Hopefully that will translate well.

I actually had no idea this was coming since I completely avoid any hype threads at all since people like to spoiler, etc. Looks like there is alot going on with this series. Complete shock to me since aside from the re-print like a decade ago, nothing has been said or heard from it (at least for me) in 20 years.
10153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / somewhere in Sout...
Online
Posted 10/8/14
Iv'e been wanting to read this for a while and after watching this first episode I like this show a lot. Seinen Psychological/Thrillers are one of my favorite genres and this one looks pretty awesome. I'll probably watch this anime then probably read or buy the manga!
76456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 10/8/14 , edited 10/8/14
Finally CR has something interesting

and the story flowed very well. I agree the storyboarding is very good.

Out of all the new title Fall season release , this one got my attention all throughout.
81829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/14
Man, I had to wait all day to get home from work and find out whether or not this was a censored mess... So glad it wasn't!

Only thing I've seen about this was the live action trailer and a vague synopsis back when the anime was announced, so I knew what would happen in that first scene but that was it.

Flying doghead was awesome lol it'll be fun to see what other ways they thought up to morph people into.
10153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / somewhere in Sout...
Online
Posted 10/8/14
lol dude, I forgot the names of the characters too, I just remembered her by Kana Hawazana girl as well. I am ready for some seriously freakish transformations though 0.o
215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / On the Toilet
Offline
Posted 10/8/14
I really liked Tokyo Ghoul and Terraformars but the CENSORSHIP left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm glad finally a gory anime isn't being censored up the ass!
14436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 10/8/14

Greylurker wrote:

Storyboarding here is top notch. They are planning out the scenes just right to avoid censoring. With Terraformars the gore very in your face, organs flying around the screen, which is why it gets so heavily censored.

Here it's more more effective using Lighting and camera placement. that scene with the cloths line. You really can't see much, but you know what it is and your mind fills in the details for you. Much more effective.

Horror vs. Splatter. I'll pick horror every time.


Idk dude, ripping the heart out of a dog and shreadding it is pretty censor worthy, not that i would ever watch something as heavily censored as terraformars.
9118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/8/14 , edited 10/8/14
This remind me of tokyo ghoul. Added to queue!
33924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 10/8/14
Awesome first episode. No censorship
13945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 10/9/14
That was . . . interesting. Absurdly humorous at the same time a bit (or more than a bit) creepy. I'm not into gorn, and prefer psychological themes, but the gorn here was not quite so gratuitous and more atmospheric.
20283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 10/9/14
Aww gore XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.