First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Kill la Kill Aniplex of America English Dub
5558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 5/29/14
Ehhhh.... Half the voices just don't make it for me.... I'd never buy this, judging from what I've seen... but that's about two or three minutes of stuff slammed together... I'd stream it for a better look see.... only if it's free. Who knows I might change my mind . . .



2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 5/30/14
The only concern i have so far is senketsu's name, is it just me or do they mispronounce it?

Hoping it's way trailer has been edited, would kill the show if they can't pronounce the names.

So far though all the voicers are fantastic, they really hit the characters perfectly, thought gamagori would be deeper but he's meant to be young too so i'm won over. Satsuki is great, would like more lines from her in trailer just to get used to her voice.

Now it's a question of when the others will be announced. Fingers crossed that i'm right on two other characters.
13476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 7/12/14 , edited 7/12/14

DalekCaan wrote:

The only concern i have so far is senketsu's name, is it just me or do they mispronounce it?

Hoping it's way trailer has been edited, would kill the show if they can't pronounce the names.

So far though all the voicers are fantastic, they really hit the characters perfectly, thought gamagori would be deeper but he's meant to be young too so i'm won over. Satsuki is great, would like more lines from her in trailer just to get used to her voice.

Now it's a question of when the others will be announced. Fingers crossed that i'm right on two other characters.


How is it mispronounced? Is it the "u" at the end of Senketsu?
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 8/6/14

TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:


DalekCaan wrote:

The only concern i have so far is senketsu's name, is it just me or do they mispronounce it?

Hoping it's way trailer has been edited, would kill the show if they can't pronounce the names.

So far though all the voicers are fantastic, they really hit the characters perfectly, thought gamagori would be deeper but he's meant to be young too so i'm won over. Satsuki is great, would like more lines from her in trailer just to get used to her voice.

Now it's a question of when the others will be announced. Fingers crossed that i'm right on two other characters.


How is it mispronounced? Is it the "u" at the end of Senketsu?


Silent u, kinda of makes the names weird. A shame but its still enjoyable.
36574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/14
Nonon stood out in that it works well. The rest ehhh it's okay Satsuki sounds kind of bland. Gamagori was the only other one that really sticks out as being decent.
Le_Dom 
17211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 8/6/14

GrateSaiyaman wrote:

Ehhhh.... Half the voices just don't make it for me.... I'd never buy this, judging from what I've seen... but that's about two or three minutes of stuff slammed together... I'd stream it for a better look see.... only if it's free. Who knows I might change my mind . . .





The show is currently on Netflix, though subbed only. I think it's only a matter of time because they add the dub as well. You could just go for a free trial then.
47263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/6/14
I like it.

Next question.
10242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16
Offline
Posted 8/6/14
I like it. I watched the first episodes as a dub and I think the voices are pretty good for dub. My favorite voices by far are Mako's, Gut's, and Gamagori's. I am not sure but I feel like they pronounce Satsuki's name a bit strangely, or different from the sub, but in all I love it.
Sailor Candy Moderator
215460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.