First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace Anticipation and Discussion
29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 10/7/14

TheAZ126 wrote:

I liked the episode. Seems like it'll be a fun show.

Although, I'm still wondering... How did the club president realize she had those powers if she is only just now using them? Her power is to steal other people's powers, but from what happened in the episode, it's safe to assume that her first time actually using it was to steal Dark and Dark. If this is her first time meeting others with powers, which she could steal, then how did she realize her powers had awakened a month ago?


Didn't she get an anonymous text from someone who clearly knows everything about the situation? I think it's safe to assume he told the girl what her power was.
49355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/7/14

TheAZ126 wrote:

I liked the episode. Seems like it'll be a fun show.

Although, I'm still wondering... How did the club president realize she had those powers if she is only just now using them? Her power is to steal other people's powers, but from what happened in the episode, it's safe to assume that her first time actually using it was to steal Dark and Dark. If this is her first time meeting others with powers, which she could steal, then how did she realize her powers had awakened a month ago?


Stop pointing out glaring plot holes! You're supposed to ignore them so they dont feel so self-conscious!

81837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 10/7/14
Haha! I don't know if anyone said it yet but that guy could not pull off the Shinobu laugh. XD

Loved the life fiber boxing gloves by the way.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 10/7/14

TrueGoober wrote:


TheAZ126 wrote:

I liked the episode. Seems like it'll be a fun show.

Although, I'm still wondering... How did the club president realize she had those powers if she is only just now using them? Her power is to steal other people's powers, but from what happened in the episode, it's safe to assume that her first time actually using it was to steal Dark and Dark. If this is her first time meeting others with powers, which she could steal, then how did she realize her powers had awakened a month ago?


Didn't she get an anonymous text from someone who clearly knows everything about the situation? I think it's safe to assume he told the girl what her power was.


Actually, Mirei said she discovered her powers a month back (the literature club got their powers 6 months back). She then got the text only a week ago or so.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 10/7/14
Episode 1

Nice first episode and I loved seeing the life fiber boxing gloves! KLK reference, yay!


This show should be pretty funny and lighthearted, this will be a good comedy fix for me this season.
6240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/7/14
Awwww the main character was so adorable, I really sympathized with how he felt throughout the episode. All in all I though it was a good watch. The production values were great for this genre of anime and the comedy was pretty good considering that I don't normally watch this type of show. I'll be keeping up with this because I want to see where it goes. It is based off a light novel though so we probably won't get the whole story, which saddens me because I usually enjoy the light novel anime adaptations.
38411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/8/14

Rito2Ru wrote:


TrueGoober wrote:


TheAZ126 wrote:

I liked the episode. Seems like it'll be a fun show.

Although, I'm still wondering... How did the club president realize she had those powers if she is only just now using them? Her power is to steal other people's powers, but from what happened in the episode, it's safe to assume that her first time actually using it was to steal Dark and Dark. If this is her first time meeting others with powers, which she could steal, then how did she realize her powers had awakened a month ago?


Didn't she get an anonymous text from someone who clearly knows everything about the situation? I think it's safe to assume he told the girl what her power was.


Actually, Mirei said she discovered her powers a month back (the literature club got their powers 6 months back). She then got the text only a week ago or so.


Could be there are other students who have also gotten super powers (actually, there most likely are).

Trigger loves to do this. Lay down a bit of plot that leaves you scratching your head then they circle back when you've almost forgotten about it and turn it into a major plot point.

63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 10/8/14

domvina wrote:

Could be there are other students who have also gotten super powers (actually, there most likely are).

Trigger loves to do this. Lay down a bit of plot that leaves you scratching your head then they circle back when you've almost forgotten about it and turn it into a major plot point.



Now that you mention it, I'd be more surprised if there aren't more in the school. Mirei probably didn't tell the whole story.
23583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/11/14
I enjoyed the first episode quite a bit. I particularly enjoyed when Andou was giving elaborate names and descriptions to the powers. I'm pretty well sold on the characters so far. I'm not sure who my favourite is, the student council president was quite fun though so I think she might have the lead at the moment.

It's interesting that different people have different expectations. I'm hoping that they stick with the "everyday life" theme and have a show along the lines of GJ Club or similar (but with superpowers). I won't necessarily mind if they go with a more action heavy story but I don't see a need for them to go that way.

I'm wondering if Andou has the ability to give others superpowers or something. It seems odd that they all got superpowers at the same time and his were the first to activate (plus there was a flash that didn't seem the same as when he used his power later). I think it would be good if he could do more but it might be funnier if he only gains new and equally useless powers. Still, it'll be impressive if they can keep him with the same power but still make good jokes out of it for a whole season.

It'll be interesting to see what the other new character is like. I'm hoping he'll turn out to be similar to Andou (and similarly harmless) but enjoys playing the villain.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. Hopefully I'll enjoy it however it turns out.
215159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
Comedy is still a bit meh for me although
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
Ep 2

Mirei was my favorite from the first episode for a reason. I also don't do well when characters begin to cry so it really hit me in the feels when Mirei started crying. And they were only together for one episode lol. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

32238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 10/13/14
I was going to say how crazy insane the comedy in this show was but the last little bit had me in tears too..

One of the most touching realistic break ups i've seen in any show in a long time. animated or live action.
Posted 10/13/14
Hm, that was actually much better than the first episode and that without actually having any superpower fights in this one. Well, I might just be yearning for a good Harem then ... and I guess this show holds up as such. Looking forward to more episodes.
Ikitou 
11282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
Oh my days, it's so refreshing to have a guy who isn't a completely clueless, unsympathetic idiot. I think I'm going to get on really well with this series, I've found both the first two episodes really cute and funny, and they even managed to throw some emotion in there as well. I'm impressed!
Koda89 
32618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Online
Posted 10/13/14
While Amira from Rage of Bahamut is probably gonna be waifu of the season, Mirei is making a strong case for herself.

And yeah the breakup scene got me in the feels, too.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.