First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
South Korean has Plastic Surgery to look like Miranda Kerr
Posted 5/29/14 , edited 5/29/14

matropandashka wrote:

I agree with SOME of the things you said about South Korea. But me, being a South Korean-American cannot agree to all.
I agree, South Koreans do usually do plastic surgery, BUT NOT ALL. How can they be happy being who they are "not"?
Because if it makes them more confident, then they are happy with it. Sure not everyone in Korea uses plastic surgery appropriately, but the majority do. They don't all imitate others, but it is considered more of a beauty tool.
In South Korea, image is a really important thing, especially for the face. There are lots of people in Korea who want to be really fashionable and pretty/handsome, so they commonly fix their nose with surgery, lips with surgery, laser eye surgery, etc.
Lots of people do it. They are happy with it because it makes them look prettier.
People don't just get surgery because they don't want it. They get surgery for the better.
(Although, there might be a few cases here and there where their parents force them to get surgery or try to persuade their children into getting surgery.*cough cough* my mother *cough cough*)
However, it helps them so why not?
If they feel better with themselves, why not?
So what if they are getting surgery to "look" like a European person?
Sorry if I am putting a lot of hate out there, but me also being a Korean is kind of offensive to me. "bashing" on my nation like that when you don't know everything. There are a lot of things missing from your side.


I'm pretty sure they can feel better without wanting to look like an entirely different race. Constantly putting plastic surgery out there is just going to make it more acceptable, and going to bring down natural self esteem. It is basically telling the people, "Have plastic surgery to be happy with yourself and look nicer because your natural features aren't that great."

You lampshade this yourself when you say: "There are lots of people in Korea who want to be really fashionable and pretty/handsome, so they commonly fix their nose with surgery, lips with surgery, laser eye surgery, etc."

And you also wrote this: They are happy with it because it makes them look prettier.

But why can't they be happy with their own features? What is wrong with narrower eyes, monolids, rounder faces? What makes other features better? Are Asians not pretty and handsome the way their are with their own unique features? Can they not be beautiful being themselves?

Does your own mother think that you would look better with surgery? If so, that's just sad.

I don't see non-Asians trying to look Asian, and getting the surgery to do so. At the very least, not to the extent that Asians want to look non-Asian. (White).
Posted 5/29/14
at least you stick to your guns huh..
Posted 5/29/14 , edited 5/29/14

shimmer_ wrote:

at least you stick to your guns huh..


Excuse me? Care to elaborate?
Posted 5/29/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


shimmer_ wrote:

at least you stick to your guns huh..


Excuse me? Care to elaborate?


just saying you have a strong conviction lol...what does it matter?
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/29/14
It is isn't everyone that isn't happy with their own features.

However, the majority of the population wants to look like that? Why stop them? Maybe they just want to look pretty like everyone else?
Like I said before, some South Koreans do surgery to raise the confidence in themselves.

Why can't they be happy with their own features? How should I know.
Some Koreans just can't accept their natural features. It is as simple as that. however, they aren't trying to imitate anyone.
Plastic surgery isn't always all about the eyes and the round face. Lots of Koreans want double eyelids if they aren't born with it because they think it looks pretty.
They aren't trying to "look" like whites. It isn't also like some Koreans aren't born with big eyes, etc.
There ARE Koreans who are born with maybe the perfect face. Big eyes, double eyelids, nice face shape, nearly perfect features. What would you have to say about them?

Maybe Koreans are trying to look more like them. How do you know that they are trying to look more like the whites? Sure there is a western influence in there, but maybe they have their own idea of fashion and things like that.

Also, "worshipping" whites, is not always the case. Mixed babies my butt. My parents won't let me marry someone other than a Korean.
Posted 5/29/14 , edited 5/29/14
i'll listen to the korean

but yea, if i remember correctly mixed marriage is extremely frowned up, especially if it is a woman marrying a non-korean. the kids a usually looked down upon.
1052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Between Goku's st...
Offline
Posted 5/29/14
Jesus, I would kill a homeless guy for an Asian hottie.

Some people are just fucked in the head so what can we do?
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/14
People are interesting as always.
Posted 5/29/14

qualeshia3 wrote:

People are interesting as always.


Got to be honest lol, you always leave such "walking the fence" answers. Such a diplomat
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/14


I did not know that.
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 5/29/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:

One of the big reasons Korean women get surgery is not to look white, Koreans and Asians in general not trying to be rude but could care less about being white but want to enhance there beauty they can’t do that by making there eye’s smaller. It is true that Koreans find foreign women beautiful, but they don’t want to look like them. Just because an Asian wants bigger,eye’s, forehead and whiter skin doesn’t mean they want to be white, they are trying to fit the standards they have generations, certain foreigners just happen to fit the standard as well.

People in Asia generally do not aspire to look like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardasian


Thank Goodness for that!
39015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Tralfamadore
Offline
Posted 5/29/14
It may be that people have been sold the idea that a certain look, perhaps the influence of America's highly successful entertainment industry has promoted the ideal of that Hollywood look. For a long time Hollywood actors were mostly of European "white" heritage but more than that
certain features were promoted ie with actress's small features straight noses high cheek bones and relatively slightly larger eyes. Much of this look was not often inherent but as the result of plastic surgery. So the selling of this image or standard of beauty was developed because smaller features can appear to be inherently younger the so called "baby face". So much of the world has been sold these ideals even in a place like Iran shut off to most out side influences; for young women nose jobs are very popular. Hopefully people of all races will shake off these false notions of what constitutes beauty and accept themselves and others they are and their own genetic heritage as they inherited from their parents and grandparents etc.
Posted 5/29/14 , edited 5/31/14

qualeshia3 wrote:



I did not know that.


It is always hard to see what your commentary on a subject is, because you never truly outright say how you feel on a topic. I think many a time you play it safe. Still, if that is how you want it..


FlyinDumpling wrote:

One of the big reasons Korean women get surgery is not to look white, Koreans and Asians in general not trying to be rude but could care less about being white but want to enhance there beauty they can’t do that by making there eye’s smaller. It is true that Koreans find foreign women beautiful, but they don’t want to look like them. Just because an Asian wants bigger,eye’s, forehead and whiter skin doesn’t mean they want to be white, they are trying to fit the standards they have generations, certain foreigners just happen to fit the standard as well.

People in Asia generally do not aspire to look like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardasian


Both Paris and Kim are disgusting to me in many ways...Especially Paris in terms of how unattractive her face is.

Yet, blond hair and blue eyes is the greatest ideal, and if someone who had those traits went to a place in Asia, they'd almost always be fawned over.

Come now, this has been proven time and time again. There are many articles and videos (etc) discussing this that are available to see. There was a video I came across on Youtube (one of many) discussing the difference in treatment between a black teacher, and her blond haired, blue eyed friend who came to teach in South Korea. Guess who got treated exceptionally well and got a load of job offers?

And when you say they (Koreans) find foreign women beautiful, we all know it is only limited to whites. At least 99% of the time.

28029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
? / ? / ?
Offline
Posted 5/29/14


For a very very long time, fair skin, and symmetry have been the ideal look of "beauty". White is pretty general, just because they say they like fair skin, does not mean they worship westerners, and most of the Koreans I know would never say "I want to look white" or anything like that, in fact I dont know a single Asian who cares that much about their looks at all. By the way, if they were really trying to look like westerners, wouldnt they have darker tanned skin, not trying to have unblemished fair skin?
My grandmother is Japanese, she came to America after meeting my grandfather during/after WW1. She does not worship white people, but I do admit that she probably married my grandpa because it was a sense of adventure, she never knew any white folk, so it was mysterious and attractive to her. However, that can go any way, she just liked a sense of adventure, she couldve met a black/white/asian/green person, and as long as they carried that air of mystery she would have gone with them.

42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/14



Not really much I can say about this. I just see another hardcore fan doing what hardcore fans do best which is showing their love for their favorite person.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.