First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
South Korean has Plastic Surgery to look like Miranda Kerr
12440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
「Your Toilet...st...
Offline
Posted 5/29/14
*claps* Well said, I am also quite passionate about the idea of changing features to become something else, though if it does make them happy I wouldn't mind...UNTIL IT GETS OUT OF HAND. If its a serious thing then I'd say fix it up if you're going to be happy after, but if its just a minor thing, I don't see why people need to pay for all this plastic surgery.
Personally, I have had kids in my school who tell me things and judge me by my (I think rather normal) looks. They constantly say bigger eyes look better, and they claim themselves to be one of those who 'look better' because of their (maybe?) bigger eyes?
Then they start to talk about high nose and all that.
I think if plastic surgery makes them happier, DO A LITTLE OF IT. NOT FIX UP YOUR FACE TILL YOU LOOK LIKE A CLONE OF EACH OTHER OAO.
I think the whole plastic surgery thing does put alot of pressure on others because it feeds ths constant competitivity. The competitivity of being the perfect being and looking perfect when really there is no perfection.
What I stand strong for is that you can change yourself a little if you want for your own joy, but as long as you don't effect others and create a society where majority takes certain looks as positive and rejecting the negative.
I think we all just need to learn to admire ourselves for who we are. If we all become who we're not, hoping to become something labelled as 'better', we will no longer be unique and an individual.
28029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
? / ? / ?
Offline
Posted 5/29/14

Both Paris and Kim are disgusting to me in many ways...Especially Paris in terms of how unattractive her face is.


Maybe, just maybe people get plastic surgery because of people like you who are publicly objectifying them for how they look. I mean you just down right called two people ugly, and maybe thats because you find them unappealing due the plethora of surgery theyve gone through, but that does not change the fact that you are still calling them ugly, and I dont know if you know this, but usually insulting people gets their feelings hurt and that makes them insecure, so to regain their self confidence (that people you shatter), they have to result in drastic measures such as plastic surgery, and unhealthy weight loss methods.
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/14
This made me remember the case about the husband that sued his wife for having ugly children. He was to handsome to have ugly children Turns out the wife had plastic surgery and the ex-husband won the case.
28029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
? / ? / ?
Offline
Posted 5/29/14 , edited 5/29/14

YumeClone wrote:

*claps* Well said, I am also quite passionate about the idea of changing features to become something else, though if it does make them happy I wouldn't mind...UNTIL IT GETS OUT OF HAND. If its a serious thing then I'd say fix it up if you're going to be happy after, but if its just a minor thing, I don't see why people need to pay for all this plastic surgery.
Personally, I have had kids in my school who tell me things and judge me by my (I think rather normal) looks. They constantly say bigger eyes look better, and they claim themselves to be one of those who 'look better' because of their (maybe?) bigger eyes?
Then they start to talk about high nose and all that.
I think if plastic surgery makes them happier, DO A LITTLE OF IT. NOT FIX UP YOUR FACE TILL YOU LOOK LIKE A CLONE OF EACH OTHER OAO.
I think the whole plastic surgery thing does put alot of pressure on others because it feeds ths constant competitivity. The competitivity of being the perfect being and looking perfect when really there is no perfection.
What I stand strong for is that you can change yourself a little if you want for your own joy, but as long as you don't effect others and create a society where majority takes certain looks as positive and rejecting the negative.
I think we all just need to learn to admire ourselves for who we are. If we all become who we're not, hoping to become something labelled as 'better', we will no longer be unique and an individual.


But you are a clone...

I agree with some stuff you are saying, I feel as though that as long as you are not infringing on other peoples rights to look or do what they want then its fine. It doesnt bother me if someone else doesnt like how they look, but I feel as though those people who are/were bullying you were definitely infringing on your rights to be you, and that is unacceptable.

I feel like admiring ourselves for who we are is a difficult goal to achieve, because there is constant harassment on looks/personality and that usually derives from the bully being bullied previously, and the cycle of hatred is not so fragile that it could be broken in just a couple decades.
2562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Salt Lake City, Utah
Offline
Posted 5/29/14


I think you're generalizing too much, not every korean aspires for these looks. It's not that being more white is considered beauty in places like South Korea, it's just that having things like having evenly toned skin (most often paler), and different eyes are considered beautiful. This has always been appealing, even before asians knew about europeans and caucasians. The fashion of having a paler/whiter face has always been like this. Geisha women in Japan have been dressing and looking like this for years now. It's not because simply want to look white, it's always considered as a sign of beauty.

Would this be any different from Caucasians wanting nice tan skin? There isn't, it's the same principle, the only difference is when people in South Korea do this they stand out more than from caucasians tanning.

42443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 5/29/14

TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:

This made me remember the case about the husband that sued his wife for having ugly children. He was to handsome to have ugly children Turns out the wife had plastic surgery and the ex-husband won the case.


Wow.
12440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
「Your Toilet...st...
Offline
Posted 5/29/14 , edited 5/29/14

KarasuEL wrote:

But you are a clone...

I agree with some stuff you are saying, I feel as though that as long as you are not infringing on other peoples rights to look or do what they want then its fine. It doesnt bother me if someone else doesnt like how they look, but I feel as though those people who are/were bullying you were definitely infringing on your rights to be you, and that is unacceptable.

I feel like admiring ourselves for who we are is a difficult goal to achieve, because there is constant harassment on looks/personality and that usually derives from the bully being bullied previously, and the cycle of hatred is not so fragile that it could be broken in just a couple decades.


Yup, though I practically think the whole idea of beauty which society revolves around so harshly is based on opinion. As much as I'm concerned about things, I practically think by my own opinion that I look fine and do not need to enhance etc. Whereas in the example that I had unfortunately experienced, the people who claim others not as 'good' are practically acting on their own opinions too.
Where is there a book or solid fact that certain traits are 'better'? There is no, and thats why the idea of becoming beautiful to fit social expectations is so hard, because it constantly is CHANGING.
28029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
? / ? / ?
Offline
Posted 5/29/14

YumeClone wrote:

Yup, though I practically think the whole idea of beauty which society revolves around so harshly is based on opinion. As much as I'm concerned about things, I practically think by my own opinion that I look fine and do not need to enhance etc. Whereas in the example that I had unfortunately experienced, the people who claim others not as 'good' are practically acting on their own opinions too.
Where is there a book or solid fact that certain traits are 'better'? There is no, and thats why the idea of becoming beautiful to fit social expectations is so hard, because it constantly is CHANGING.


Actually, you'd be surprised at how little it actually has changed, in Eastern countries at least. A long time ago, fair skin used to represent beauty because it signified that you werent a peasant who worked in the glaring sun, same concept as now. There have been small differences, but not really. Beauty has always been more of a show of status, and the reason some aspects of what is beautiful has changed is because of a small version of natural selection/evolution as well as the advancement of make up. Natural selection/evolution because over time the more beautiful organisms are being chosen to breed with, while less attractive ones dont get to procreate, therefore over time the alleles in the human gene pool are slightly altered to where we have more attractive females/males than a couple decades ago.
I think the expectation of beauty has always revolved around symmetry, proportion, and status (expensive clothes, fair skin, etc.).
12440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
「Your Toilet...st...
Offline
Posted 5/29/14

KarasuEL wrote:

Actually, you'd be surprised at how little it actually has changed, in Eastern countries at least. A long time ago, fair skin used to represent beauty because it signified that you werent a peasant who worked in the glaring sun, same concept as now. There have been small differences, but not really. Beauty has always been more of a show of status, and the reason some aspects of what is beautiful has changed is because of a small version of natural selection/evolution as well as the advancement of make up. Natural selection/evolution because over time the more beautiful organisms are being chosen to breed with, while less attractive ones dont get to procreate, therefore over time the alleles in the human gene pool are slightly altered to where we have more attractive females/males than a couple decades ago.
I think the expectation of beauty has always revolved around symmetry, proportion, and status (expensive clothes, fair skin, etc.).


The idea of beauty really is quite vague. I remember asking people why they think something is better, their replies were vague and uncertain, without logic and true reason. Most being 'I don't know, it just looks good' or 'Its better' but further explaining why is not evident
9802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/14
If the so-called ideal faces/looks popular in South Korea and other countries are supposed to be Caucasian.... Ummm... Doesn't look very White, to me. I see an in-between and unique look. Not quite ambiguous, but close. Sort of what's going on with the Ancient Egyptian sculptures of Nefertiti and the face of Tutankhamen's sarcophagus. In any case, if Miranda Kerr is supposed to be a natural embodiment of the "ideal," I'm inclined to point out that her look is incredibly rare. Otherwise, my family must not look "White" enough to count as Caucasian.

What I'm trying to get at is that the supposed Western look that may or may not be the goal of the surgeries are more akin to an extremely idealized appearance that is extremely rare when naturally occurring, and is therefore not very "White," at all. At most, I'd say that the "Western look" is an idealization of an idealization.

When non-Asians get plastic surgery, they do so to further emphasize/shape up a part of their natural body features while still looking like the same race.


He did get mono-eyelid surgery, to boot.
5658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 5/29/14
Posted 5/29/14 , edited 5/31/14

qualeshia3 wrote:




Not really much I can say about this. I just see another hardcore fan doing what hardcore fans do best which is showing their love for their favorite person.


Your answer makes no sense to me. >_>


TheChowster wrote:

I think you're generalizing too much, not every korean aspires for these looks. It's not that being more white is considered beauty in places like South Korea, it's just that having things like having evenly toned skin (most often paler), and different eyes are considered beautiful. This has always been appealing, even before asians knew about europeans and caucasians. The fashion of having a paler/whiter face has always been like this. Geisha women in Japan have been dressing and looking like this for years now. It's not because simply want to look white, it's always considered as a sign of beauty.

Would this be any different from Caucasians wanting nice tan skin? There isn't, it's the same principle, the only difference is when people in South Korea do this they stand out more than from caucasians tanning.



Pale skin has always been the standard in Asian culture. This is a fact, and I have no problem with it. It is culture, and that is fine. (When people start to mistreat others because of their skin tone, especially if they are darker skinned, that is where I have a problem.)

There is a difference in having pale skin, and having white features. Pale skin has always been a part of Asian culture - emulating another race's looks has not.

Whites/Europeans are not the only people who are Caucasians. >_>

That said, when whites tan their skin, they are not changing how their race looks to look like another race. They don't want to be pale, but they don't want to be dark either. They just want to look sun kissed and healthy. And a lot of whites can attain that naturally from going out in the sun for extended periods of time. Asians can't naturally look white unless they get a lot of surgery, and even then they still can't pass as white.



KarasuEL wrote:


Both Paris and Kim are disgusting to me in many ways...Especially Paris in terms of how unattractive her face is.


Maybe, just maybe people get plastic surgery because of people like you who are publicly objectifying them for how they look. I mean you just down right called two people ugly, and maybe thats because you find them unappealing due the plethora of surgery theyve gone through, but that does not change the fact that you are still calling them ugly, and I dont know if you know this, but usually insulting people gets their feelings hurt and that makes them insecure, so to regain their self confidence (that people you shatter), they have to result in drastic measures such as plastic surgery, and unhealthy weight loss methods.


What, I am not entitled to my personal opinion? Would it be better for me to lie and say I think everyone is beautiful when that is absolutely not true? What is worse, telling someone the truth or telling someone a lie?

I probably would not tell someone that to their face unless asked for a truly honest opinion or unless they were so shallow and fake like Paris.

And I do find Paris really unattractive both physically and personality wise. Kim for the latter. That is my personal opinion, and I am entitled to it, just as you are entitled to tell me how you feel about my post.

I'd rather state things as they are, then butter my words up.

46359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / End of Nowhere
Offline
Posted 5/29/14

SoldierSangria wrote:

Or as many Asians will put it - to look more Western. What does that mean to an Asian person? Why, to look more European of course!


Actually it means to be more fashionable. To wear heels instead of shoes or traditional footwear. To wear fur coats and Christian Dior clothing instead of a kimono. It is a fashion look, not a physical look. To look modern with a "Western" fashion look as opposed to a more traditional Asian clothing fashion look. It has little to do with using plastic surgery to look like a European. Which most Asians do not do in any event.

I think we can all agree Seoul, South Korea is the plastic surgery capital of the world. And that most women who have the means in Seoul have had at least 1 plastic surgery. But, if your generalization is true then, why is it when you look at pictures of Seoul the streets are teeming with...South Koreans? That is to say, it does not look like a bunch of White women walking about? When I see pictures of Seoul or Tokyo I do not see an image that could be mistaken for Amsterdam by the people alone. I see hordes of Koreans or Japanese people. Not people looking like a cross between Europeans and Asians.
Posted 5/29/14
isee you never get tired of making topics like this
Posted 5/29/14 , edited 5/31/14

severticas wrote:

isee you never get tired of making topics like this


As long as it persists, I never will be tired of discussing it. What other topics have I made just like this one? I can't remember.


Cellory wrote:


SoldierSangria wrote:

Or as many Asians will put it - to look more Western. What does that mean to an Asian person? Why, to look more European of course!


Actually it means to be more fashionable. To wear heels instead of shoes or traditional footwear. To wear fur coats and Christian Dior clothing instead of a kimono. It is a fashion look, not a physical look. To look modern with a "Western" fashion look as opposed to a more traditional Asian clothing fashion look. It has little to do with using plastic surgery to look like a European. Which most Asians do not do in any event.

I think we can all agree Seoul, South Korea is the plastic surgery capital of the world. And that most women who have the means in Seoul have had at least 1 plastic surgery. But, if your generalization is true then, why is it when you look at pictures of Seoul the streets are teeming with...South Koreans? That is to say, it does not look like a bunch of White women walking about? When I see pictures of Seoul or Tokyo I do not see an image that could be mistaken for Amsterdam by the people alone. I see hordes of Koreans or Japanese people. Not people looking like a cross between Europeans and Asians.


Western does not only entail fashion, it entails physical looks as well. In many documentaries, when asked why they got plastic surgery, the SK will inevitably answer, "To look more Western." They are not referring to clothing whatsoever.

They don't look like whites of course. No matter how much plastic surgery they have, they can't attain that. However, they still look rather different from their natural counterparts up North, and many Asians who have had no plastic surgery whatsoever. However in their minds, they think they look more Western. Which is just sad and pathetic in my opinion.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.