First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
investing in anime
4250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/31/14
I have some companies im looking into but because i can't speak or read japanese i can't find a way to contact these companies. like 0verflow the producers of school days and some other well know series. if they're people that could assist me in getting in touch with 0verflow inc i could give out a reward. im extending out my hand the the anime community. can some one please assist me by sending me their contact number. Thank you, much love to Crunchyroll and their friendly community.
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 5/31/14
I dont know how to help you outside telling you to learn Japanese.

Overflow is a Videogame development group responsible for a few small titles, the studio that animated it one of the smaller ones. I would rather blame the Director for the sucess its had.

Go to Japan, learn Japanese, try to call and meet one of these companies... somehow.

I know that their is a way, if Humans can go to the moon, we can contact a company. But not much I can help with.

Perhaos support by buying and promotibg their better products.
10205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / The MOOOON
Offline
Posted 5/31/14
Or instead of taking a trip over their buy a program and learn but my roomates best friend is from japanand he said it's pretty much a waste to learn Japanese since most people in japan can speak english.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/14 , edited 5/31/14

hinhata wrote:

Or instead of taking a trip over their buy a program and learn but my roomates best friend is from japanand he said it's pretty much a waste to learn Japanese since most people in japan can speak english.


Eh, screw that. I'm learning so I can read the manga, visual novels, and plain old books. Unfortunately, those are written in Kanji, which you have to learn if you want to read them without waiting for translations.
72868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 5/31/14
I'd LOVE to invest in Anime...it's not like I don't have the Money.
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 5/31/14

hinhata wrote:

Or instead of taking a trip over their buy a program and learn but my roomates best friend is from japanand he said it's pretty much a waste to learn Japanese since most people in japan can speak english.


True! Compared to China, India, Russia, most othrr non english speaking countries, Japan will accommodate English speakers very well.

But they dont know English, one of the hardest 2nd Languages, as well as implied.

But yeah, you can get around rather fine.
62792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/14

Felstalker wrote:
But they dont know English, one of the hardest 2nd Languages, as well as implied.

Welllll....as someone who learned English as a 2nd language, I can honestly say it was way easier than any other language I learned in school (Italian, French, Spanish). The one plus English has is that there is A LOT of tv in English, so if you marathon a sitcom, you pretty much learn it lol
Posted 5/31/14
>buying anime

lel
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/1/14
0verflow is a privately held subsidiary of Stack Ltd. The firm's website is listed on its Wikipedia page. Go there (using Google's site translation service if needed) and try to track down the contact information for both 0verflow and its parent company, keeping a sharp eye out for offices in your region (or at least a region which speaks a language you know).

I expect that Stack (unlike its subsidiary) is a publicly traded company, so you'd want to contact a brokerage firm and buy some of its stock if you're unable to make a donation directly to 0verflow.
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 6/1/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:
I'd LOVE to invest in Anime...it's not like I don't have the Money. :)


You're on Mars though, so I can imagine the interplanetary shipping costs must be astronomical.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/1/14 , edited 6/1/14
I'm sorry man, I don't really know how to help ya here. I guess learning some Japanese would be your bet, but I really don't know....

72868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/1/14

sonic720 wrote:


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:
I'd LOVE to invest in Anime...it's not like I don't have the Money. :)


You're on Mars though, so I can imagine the interplanetary shipping costs must be astronomical.


Bahahaha, that gave Me a good giggle My Friend. I love Your Profile picture by the way! <3
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 6/1/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:
Bahahaha, that gave Me a good giggle My Friend. I love Your Profile picture by the way! <3


Thanks, I actually hand drew it and scanned it to my PC. It's some extra art from Eureka Seven.
72868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/1/14

sonic720 wrote:


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:
Bahahaha, that gave Me a good giggle My Friend. I love Your Profile picture by the way! <3


Thanks, I actually hand drew it and scanned it to my PC. It's some extra art from Eureka Seven.


Oh Yes, I know. I loved the Ending. <3
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 6/1/14

FatalElixir wrote:

I have some companies im looking into but because i can't speak or read japanese i can't find a way to contact these companies. like 0verflow the producers of school days and some other well know series. if they're people that could assist me in getting in touch with 0verflow inc i could give out a reward. im extending out my hand the the anime community. can some one please assist me by sending me their contact number. Thank you, much love to Crunchyroll and their friendly community.


@FatalElixir--- Its near;y impossible, trust me. Ive put in over 10 grand in creating, promoting, contacting etc etc my project and yet Ive only had one anime pitch. Its very difficult. Ive contacted many people who work in these companies through linkedin, most do not respond or they dont understand English. Secondly the ones who made it forgot where they came from and dont want to help anyone else out. I have 2 full scripts, characters bios, maps etc but I was told also you need a 30 sec to one min trailer to promote your project which can be expensive and again Ive contacted these companies just to have a trailer done and still not getting a response. Now you can try to find a anime artist that can do the exact same work but then you have deal with so much other stuff. Im not sure where your at with your project but make sure you have all your ducks in a row. hope this helps.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.