First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Act 0 || Prelude
God-King
43575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Adelaide, Australia
Offline
Posted 6/1/14 , edited 7/5/14
Act 0 || Prelude


The stench of blood hung thick in the air. Below the hooded figure, slumped against the tree was a town guard, moonlight filtering through the trees and reflecting off of his blood-smeared breastplate. Using the corner of his cloak, the shadowy figure wiped the blood from his knife and hands. Behind him, he heard the footsteps of his comrades as they slowly made their way through the trees, moving like shadows. Up ahead, the orange glow of a campfire could be seen, which meant they were getting closer to their target.

_____________________________________________________________


Commander Ellet would never have picked the day. The moon was high in the sky, bathing Arheim in a gentle blue glow, and a cold breeze blew through the trees lining the streets. It was late, but people still shuffled from tavern to tavern, emptying their purses and filling their bellies with ale. The Commander envied them. A mug of ale and a seat by the open fire would definitely take the chill from his bones. Had he been alone, he may have stopped for just one, but his subordinate was following closely behind. 3rd Regiment Captain Brigitte Förster. Hand picked by Ellet, Förster lead a special unit within the town guard, and had become a sort of student to the commander. Glancing over his shoulder, he took a quick look at her. Her face was somewhat stern, as it always was, and her dark hair was up in a tight bun. Unlike his own armour that was scuffed and dented, her armour was polished and tidy, and the hilt of her sword gleamed at her hip.

The commanders thoughts were cut short as a low rumble rolled through the quiet streets.
"Commander.." Brigitte's eyes were fixed on the sky. Following her line of vision, Ellet saw a plume of black smoke rising from somewhere near the outskirts of Arheim. Moments later, a horn sounded from the same vicinity. The alarm?.. Instinctively, Ellet's hand moved to the hilt of the sword slung at his hip.
"Förster, go to the barracks and round up your men.I'm going to find out what's happening. Meet me at the eastern gate as soon as you can." Förster gave a quick salute before disappearing back the way they had come. Commander Ellet turned his attention back to the plume of black smoke rising from the unknown location. The main street runs straight to the eastern gate. That'll be the quickest way there. Without hesitating a moment longer, Commander Ellet broke into a sprint, making his way through the winding side streets. He passed several groups of people staring at the sky, speculating as to the cause of the smoke. He rounded a corner and emerged on the main street of Arheim. The road was wide, and paved with a light grey stone. The commander hunched over for a moment, attempting to catch his breath, but something caught his eye. A little further up the street he spotted a small group of people. They were standing around something piled up on the floor, but Ellet couldn't make out what it was. Looters?.. He moved closer, using the stalls that lined the streets to keep out of sight. Ellet peered around the edge of a stack of crates, and at that moment, a cloud that was partially blacking the moon cleared, illuminating the street. It took a moment for the old soldier to realise what he was looking at. The strange men were all dressed in black with hoods drawn over their faces, but he could see that several of them bore the Empires insignia on their sleeves and cloaks, and piled before them were the corpses of several of his own men. He began to advance on the men, but his armoured boots scraped on the cobbled street, alerting the men to his presence. Cursing under his breath, he revealed himself to the men, drawing his sword. As he did, he saw two of the men dart down a side street, while the remaining three drew their weapons before charging towards him.
God-King
43575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Adelaide, Australia
Offline
Posted 6/26/14 , edited 6/29/14
Battle Sequence

Characters: Commander Ellet
Enemies: 3 x Imperial scouts

Environment: Paved street, lined with various shops and stalls. Barrels and crates are stacked up near some of the stalls, and there are several side streets running off the main street


God-King
43575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Adelaide, Australia
Offline
Posted 6/29/14 , edited 6/29/14
The three men charged towards Commander Ellet, swords held high. Amateurs.. He thought with a grin. His armoured boots scraped the cobblestone as he took up a defensive stance, sword held at a guard position. Just as expected, the first man attacked with a wide, diagonal swing. Ellet easily parried the attack, forcing the attacker off balance before ramming the pommel of his sword into the hooded assailants ribs. An audible crunch told Ellet that his strike had broken bones, and his attacker collapsed on the ground, gasping for air. He had no time to be pleased with himself, as the second and third enemies reached him at the same time.

One after the other, the two men attacked, leaving Ellet no choice but to be on the defensive. Finally, he found an opening in their unrelenting assault and slashed low, leaving a deep wound on one of the mens thighs. The strike caused the target to flinch, giving Ellet the chance he needed. The remaining enemy continued the assault with more force than before, trying to pick up the slack of his wounded teammate, but one lone attacker was no match for Ellet. As the enemies blade came down in a vertical arc, Ellet used the flat of his blade to slap the inside of the attackers arm, throwing the strike off-center and onto the cobblestones with a loud klang. A quick step to the side gave Commander Ellet all the space he needed, and he raised his sword for the finishing swing. Before he could deliver it, an unknown force hit him in the shoulder, sending a flare of pain down his arm and almost knocking him over. Slightly dazed, he looked down at his shoulder to see the wooden shaft of a crossbow bolt protruding from his armour, and blood leaking through the plates of his pauldron and down his arm. Archers?! With a grunt, he tried to move his arm, but the bolt had pierced the joint, locking it in place. With his good arm, he focused on repelling the attacks from the two men before him, who had recovered and were now unleashing a full assault again. Where are my soldiers?!

God-King
24845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/6/14
Inara has always thought the perfect soldier is one that values justice and peace, will do what’s right no matter what the cost and is driven to better the world, but Inara knew she wasn’t the perfect soldier. In fact, she wasn’t even really close. It’s not to say that she is an evil person, far from it. But she was more interested in self preservation and always weighed the cost compared to the benefit of everything she did and that included helping others. In fact, that was why she was in that guard house on that fateful evening.

Inara had been running from a recent job when she ran into a “recruitment drive”. This was a group of guys grabbing anyone they could without getting caught and taking them and selling them to the guard. The guard had no idea about this though; they just paid the very generous men for their time. She was then taken to a training base and not wanting to stand out she got absolutely average scores on purpose, at the end barely qualifying to be a basic town watchman. What had brought all this history to mind, Inara had no idea but her train of thought was shattered when Förster had rushed in calling everyone to arms.
Dungeon Master
48278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / AZ
Online
Posted 7/7/14
Saliva dripped from the sharp fangs of the three beasts surrounding Wolf. "3 on 1 seems a bit unfair, don't you think? To even the odds, I suggest you call more friends," a smirk appeared upon the face of the traveling mercenary. His extended two handed sword pointed to the beast in the center, its eyes on him, not the sheathed sword.

---Battle Sequence Begin---

Wolf danced with the monsters as they attempted multiple attacks on him. "This is fun, but I'm afraid none of you are my type." The fanged creatures let up and one of the monsters attacked alone. Instead of dodging, Wolf closed the gap while the four legged beast was airborne. Ducking low, Wolf got under it and with fierce power, rammed the creature in the stomach. "Eat this, Crescent Fall!" Wolf's signature finisher began as the wolf glided through the air.

Wolf's sheathed sword struck the ground as it made its way into the air. The weapon did a complete vertical circle, and because of the red marks on the sheath, it left an after image of a red moon. Still midair, Wolf twisted his body in the opposite direction, this time swinging his weapon downwards, ending where he started.

[Moves used: Crescent Fall]
------Battle Sequence End-------

Wolf bested the monster enough to discourage them causing the three to flee. "Petty beasts," Wolf continued through the never ending forest. "I'm starving, I should probably eat the last of that sandwich." Wolf pondered about the taste of that expensive sandwich he bought before entering this tree filled abyss. With the quality of the ingredients used, it's most likely still delicious. That's when Wolf heard crying in the distance.

With knees covered in dirt, there was a little girl, most likely the age of 8 through 10, in tears. Wolf ran up to her. "What's the matter?" If that wasn't the enough, Wolf heard an even worse noise farther into the distance. "Civilization? That's not a noise that should be heard with people around!"
Member
6235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / O / US
Offline
Posted 7/7/14

A soldier burst in Lux's quarters, right as she was about to take a bite of a delicious apple from a hard day of work. She was perched up on the edge of a window-sill, swinging her hung foot on the outside of the building. She was listening to the commotion, but chose to ignore it. That is, until multiple soldiers came to warn her of the situation. "Pendragon, on your feet." Someone of higher status to her ordered, and she sighed, lowering apple.

Clutching the sword hilt at her waist, Lux stood on cobblestone pavement, as she tread carefully. The calm and happy atmosphere of Arheim had dispersed with this commotion, and frankly she was a little upset about it. It should have been expected; after all, she was supposed to be on duty. After she turned a corner into an alley, she was suddenly grabbed forcefully from behind by her wrists. Frozen with confusion, she knew she had to react. Applying pressure with her feet, she leaped up in the air, twisting her arms that were now above her to slam her pursuer on the ground. It worked, but he still latched onto her wrist. She was able to get a better look of the man, though his face was only illuminated by the moon and a lantern hanging on the side of a building. He suddenly flung himself away from her. She saw his motions, as he tilted his head slightly. "You're a... Woman?" She heard the humor in his voice. Tch. Every god damn time, she thought, lowering her blank face. She unsheathed her sword, and with lines inbetween her eyebrows and the bridge of her nose, she spoke.

"State your business," Lux called out, her voice deep and husky, though obviously feminine. The man's facial muscles, even through the shadows gave the impression that he was smirking or smiling. He charged at her with a sword in hand, and she quickly held her sword up for a block. She pressed down on his strength, matching his as they stood their struggling with each other. She grit her teeth, as she swung a kick under the stranger's feet, causing him to stumble, but not lose all balance. As he did, he was able to swing his sword at her, and barely blocking it, it scratched her cheek slightly. Blood trickled down to her chin, as she swung her sword. Now, they were blocking eachother's hits, and the sound of metal clashing against each other echoed repeatedly through the streets. They even began to move their battle towards the center of the alley.


Member
41941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 7/8/14 , edited 7/9/14
A bunch of guards came running by, reminding Zander of his real purpose in this city. He wasn't from this Place, some would even go as far as to say that he doesn't belong here at all.
He had crossed the border a few Nights ago, hitting this city that he learned was called Arheim. Right after arriving he took into an inn. It was a small quiet Place, just like he wanted. It felt really weird though, he had left his friends, his family and everything he owned. Now he had nothing more than the clothes on his back and a few Ducats and Kroner in his pocket, although the Kroner would be useless here. His friends and family had probably by now been told that he had died honorably in combat, well, either that, or they had been hanged for treason, he didn't know. It hurt quite a bit when he thought about it, but he had been assured their safety, by an individual who knew what had really happened, Zander just hoped that he could be trusted.

The city alarm drew Zander right out of his daydream. The guards were panicking and running about scrambling to get organized. Zander suddenly noticed the smoke and headed over there. He started running through several alleys and small streets, not really knowing which way was fastest it took him longer than expected to arrive.

When he did arrive though, the scene was a little grimmer than he expected. on one side there was a pile of dead guards, and on the other a lone commander was fighting two shadowy figures. The commander seemed to have taken an arrow, or rather bolt, to the shoulder, and fought with his remaining good arm. Zander quickly looked around to see if he could spot the archer with the crossbow, he didn't have to look long before he noticed him. standing up by the pile of dead guards was a man aiming at the commander with another bolt. " Shit! " Zander thought, as he took the bow from his shoulders and prepared an arrow. The shot and angle was hard, but before he managed to release the arrow, the man fired his next bolt.

--------------------- Battle Sequence Begin --------------------------

Without thinking, Zander changed his aim and let go of the arrow, "Let it hit!" He thought. Flying towards nothing, any bystander would think him crazy, but after traveling three-quarters of the way towards a house it suddenly hit the bolt. It didn't cause the bolt to completely fail because of the power difference between a crossbow bolt and an arrow, but it at-least changed the trajectory enough so that it hit the ground instead of the commander.

The shadowy man looked towards Zander with a surprised look, and at that moment Zander saw who these people was. They were from the Empire. The thought made him freeze, Zander thoughts raced, "What if he recognizes me? Maybe he have seen me in training, or on a patrol?" These thoughts made a shiver go down his spine before he snapped out of it, but it was too late.

The Imperial scout prepared his crossbow, aimed it at Zander and yelled "Traitors must die!" before he pulled the trigger and fired the bolt.
Member
7810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/8/14
As the wing blow with it's frigid bite Isabelle sat hidden in a tree. Arheim it is called this new place covered only in stone with very few trees for her to find comfort in very much different from the vast woodlands of Lumeria that was ever so far away. "it's cold here" she spoke softly knowing only the frigid wind would send back a reply. Somber as the seen was soon ever the moons light would disappear. Isabelle quickly looked up to see what had stolen the moons lovely light. A dark clowed dancing with flaming embers had covered the sky her heart droped to the pit of her stomach
She slowly climbed up one of the stone building creepy behind a chimney ever so swiftly as not to be seen she peared out their stood a man in the mist of battle his white hair which glowed in the light as the wind rush though it blood flowed though the mans tarnished armor wear a wooden bolt had pierced it. then form out of nowere a strong voice bellowed in the dark "TRAITORS MUST DIE!!" the arrow flew as Isabelle watches the story unfold
Dungeon Master
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/8/14
Amon had been cast out by the very institution he stood for. Exhausted, both physically and mentally, he had finally escaped from his hanging at the hand of the empire and was wondering with nothing more than a footman's spear, some prisoner clothes, and what was left of his mind. He hadn't had a decent meal in weeks and upon stumbling through the night he happened upon a town. Hoping for refuge he entered into the town into what seemed quiet and peaceful. That is until he saw black smoke billowing from the middle of the town. He heard a ruckus and decided to sit out the fighting. Amon slowly started to walk to the opposite side of town until a small platoon of soldiers grabbed him and forced him to follow them. "You could have asked more nicely ya know!" Amon coughed out.

As the soldiers neared the black smoke Amon heard a lot much commotion. He turned his eyes to see the source of the fire as well as a pile of bodies and more locked in combat. It was easily discernible who was fighting for which side. One of the fighters was a behemoth of a man who was easily discernible as the commander of the town guard fighting against a shady looking character he figured would have been an empire scout. The guard shouted in a battle cry and charged the shady looking character hoping to help their wounded commander. Amon decided that this was a good time as any to slip back away to himself and watch the events unfold. Just as he was about to, he noticed a man fire an arrow seemlingly at nothing until he heard an audible "ting!". Amon looked in disbelief as he noticed a second shady character aiming a crossbow at the commander who looked equally awe shook. "I picked the wrong town to wander into..." Amon thought as he shuffled into the shadows to watch the events unfold.
Member
45518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dayton-OH
Offline
Posted 7/8/14 , edited 7/8/14
Zeist traveled west toward the city of Arheim. Arriving at night to a commotion in the streets. Taking special care as to not be noticed by the several visible parties. He stayed in the shadows of the stalls near the first ally with his back pressed against the nearest building. He counted every person, what weapons they had, who was targeting who and even noted all of the wounds. He was seasoned, all of this happening on its own with a matter of seconds he kept his initiative and remained ready. He was the only thing between them and the eastern gate.

Zeist remained silent, focused and commanded his breath. He Steeled his nerve and sharpened his concentration. He was beyond ready. The ebb of time was lingering moments where shifting slower. Dragoons where fast and deadly this much was common cause of fables. This was all possible due to his experience which he lack none of. He crouched down tightening his leg muscles. An accomplished Dragoon can leap vastly high with extreme accuracy. He remained ready waiting for his moment to seize.
God-King
43575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Adelaide, Australia
Offline
Posted 7/9/14 , edited 7/9/14
The door before her swung open with such force, leiutenant Förster was surprised it didn't come free of its iron hinges. She burst into the room and stood a few paces past the door way, trying to catch her breath. Realizing she was being watched, she stood up straight and was met by the confused looks of half a dozen soldiers. "On your feet! Gather whoever you can and head to the eastern gate.
Commander Ellet is already en route." She barked, still slightly out of breath. The men acknowledged her orders and gave a quick salute before making themselves busy. Without wanting to waste any more time, Brigitte turned to leave the barracks. Before she could make the few steps necessary, the room was filled with a bringing light. All noise of the soldiers behind her and the commotion on the streets ceased, and were replaced with a high pitched ringing. She felt a forceful blow to the back of her head, sending her head spinning.

When Brigitte's vision cleared, she barely recognized her surroundings. Rubble was strewn everywhere, along with the twisted bodies if several soldiers that had been standing before her moments ago. Confused, sore, and dizzy, Brigitte pulled herself to her feet, pieces of rock and debris falling off her. Surveying the scene again, she realised what had happened. A bomb?! a warm sensation tickled her neck, and she run her hand over the back of her head to find blood. What is happening?





A messanger burst through the door to the great hall. His footsteps echoed as he crossed the floor to the dais and handed a scroll to his employer. The man took it with his gloved hand and unfurled the parchment in a slow and deliberate manner, before reading the message it bore.
"How long ago did this arrive?" He asked the messager, a small boy no older than 9.
"Juts now milord." He replied, eyes firmly fixed on the ground.
"I guess it has finally started. Send word to the king that I will be adding my men to his garrison. And ready my armour and horse. I'll be heading to Arhiem myself." With that, the man raised himself from his stone throne and dismissed the various politicians who had been trying to gain access to his coffers for various causes and whatnot. With a dissatisfied mumble, they departed, leaving the man alone with his thoughts. Things were about to finally get interesting in this little corner of the continent.
Member
41941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 7/9/14
Zander saw the bolt racing towards him, almost like it was moving way slower than it actually was. His body was numb, the man had recognized him. It was not that surprising though, he had reckoned that he was a wanted man, if not publicly then at least any military personnel had memorized his face, especially if they had missions outside the empire. How could he make that mistake? How could he have forgotten to hide his face? He had been careless, that's the only thing he could think off. He had lulled himself in a false safety and it came back and caught him in the ass. "You are never truly safe from the empire." He thought to himself.

His body jerked and he managed to move himself just far enough so that the bolt went through his side,right under his ribs, just left of his belly button. He hadn't had much military training before he escaped from the empire, but he it was enough, and he knew that the Imperial scout wouldn't miss a second time. He readied his bow and somehow managed somehow to draw it. The problem now was aiming. To be frank, his first shot had been more luck than skill, he didn't know hoe he managed to do it either, his body just moved on it's own when he saw the shot fired at the commander. Now he had to take out this guy in one shot or be killed himself. On top of that he was also badly hurt.

He released the arrow, praying to the Nine Divines, and especially Dantai, the god of war, that it would hit. It seemed like it took forever before the arrow met his mark. Not between the eyes, but at least straight through the chest. Fortunately the Imperial scout is an light armored soldier, and as Zander had just experienced himself, light armor is not enough to stop an bolt, and neither an arrow, especially at such short ranges.

The pain exploded throughout Zander's body and he simply fell down, the sound of metal against metal fading away together with his consciousness, and he blacked out.

---------- Battle sequence end ----------
God-King
43575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Adelaide, Australia
Offline
Posted 7/9/14
System Update

Battle 1
Characters: Commander Ellet [wounded], Zander [unconcious]
Enemies: Imperial Scout x 2

Battle 2
Characters: Lux
Enemies: Unknown assailant

Rewards

Wolf - 2 exp.
Zander - 3 exp.
God-King
24845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/14
All Inara could think about was how she just wished she hadn't woken up that day. Lieutenant Förster had busted in the door and started yelling for everyone to get to their feet and then something had blown up. She just laid on the ground partially covered with rubble, thinking about how she was oddly okay with just lying there not moving.

Just when she thought that waiting for help was the easiest plan part of the wall she was near started to crack and make noises, and none of them were good. Starting to panic a little she started working her way out of the rubble that covered her enough to get up and sort of wobble walk over to a low wall that was near. Only when she had sat down on the low wall did she look around to see if the area where she had been was still visible.

It wasn't.

Deciding that looking at her near death experience was too much she looked down at a pool of water at her feet and waited for someone to come tell her what to do. Dear god she looked like a mess.
Dungeon Master
48278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / AZ
Online
Posted 7/10/14 , edited 7/10/14
Wolf's ears pricked as the sound of an explosion went off in the distance. The little girl flinched as well, changing the pace of her sobbing. With a closer look at her, she couldn't be anything older than 7. Something was gripped in his right arm while her left one was trying to wipe the tears away.

"What's wrong, kid?" Wolf attempted to comfort the child. She looked up at him. She had long black wavy hair with eyes that brought familiarity to Wolf's heart. She looks like someone I would know..... UGH! Too many different women to pin down.

"I'm looking for my daddy," the little girl managed to say. Her red pupils struck fear into Wolf. They shared the same eye color, a mysterious one at that. Maybe this girl could help Wolf solve his own origins.

"Either way, we should check the city first. Can you stand?" The little girl nodded. She got up and dusted off her puffy dress with her available hand. The other hand held a stuffed animal resembling a rabbit. Wolf grabbed the girl's hand and raced towards the sounds. He couldn't leave her here, but he knew just how dangerous it is going to be in town. "What's your name, kid?"

"Anria," she said. She's named after a goddess? Just as the two cleared the forest, they ran into a squadron of 6. "Hide." Wolf's thoughts ran quick as he analyzed the scenario. 3 Knights with rectangular shields and spears and 3 archers with crossbows appeared before him.

------Battle Sequence Start-------

Wolf was noticed halfway through his run. Wolf was swift and fierce, a brawler with the skill to assassinate. He is a mercenary, his job is to fight for people. He understands he could've simply avoided the fight, but they didn't have a commander with them, small fry mean nothing to Wolf.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.