First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Muscle Cars VS Street Cars
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Not here.
Offline
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/21/08

BoostFedEMII wrote:


evin5fwtr wrote:

i love muscle cars but their problem is they're only really good at going straight.


and how wrong you are.


agreeable : D muscles if tune correctly can be able to drift too.
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/21/08

Gt-racing wrote:


xiongboy wrote:


Gt-racing wrote:


xiongboy wrote:

i wud say import cuz i dont like driving straight (i get enough of that on the highway)


why does people assume you can't track/turn with a muscle car?


zomgz twisties


do u know what twisties are? its turn turn turn not turn straight turn straight straight turn o and how come we neva see muscle car against import on turn n twisties but we see import and muscle on drag??????


I'm amazed you used twisties in a serious manner while I was using it with a sarcastic tone.

I've seen muscles get tracked, and compete with imports, and win.


then post the vid or at lease the site we all know that after putting aftermarket or sport suspensions on any car they can turn better
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/21/08
u can even look on CR and see that a mustang(roush) lost to a lotus (exige) on AMERICAN ground....so u tell me....how come the roush with its 425hp didn't win against a lotus with like 200hp or so.....and dont say stuff about weight cuz the guy in the mustang KNOWS the track while the lotus donno the track
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/21/08

xiongboy wrote:

u can even look on CR and see that a mustang(roush) lost to a lotus (exige) on AMERICAN ground....so u tell me....how come the roush with its 425hp didn't win against a lotus with like 200hp or so.....and dont say stuff about weight cuz the guy in the mustang KNOWS the track while the lotus donno the track


You cant compare a mustang to a lotus. Thats just retard. Your comparing apples to oranges there my friend.
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/21/08

xiongboy wrote:

Gt-racing wrote:

xiongboy wrote:
i wud say import cuz i dont like driving straight (i get enough of that on the highway)

why does people assume you can't track/turn with a muscle car?
zomgz twisties

do u know what twisties are? its turn turn turn not turn straight turn straight straight turn o and how come we neva see muscle car against import on turn n twisties but we see import and muscle on drag??????


lol twisties.. erm you do realize that there are muscle cars nowadays that have better suspension than say the stock muscle cars of the early 60s to the early 80s? Also, it is alot of work to modify the suspension of an old muscle car because you have to remove the engine to work on the front suspension and do welding if they want to add a strut brace which is a bitch.

They have the RW Drivetrain, Suspension, Tires and LSD. why wouldn't something like the Saleen Mustang is unable to drift?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WXH45P02j4&feature=related
12221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England, Kent, To...
Offline
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/21/08
Hmmm a Mustang would beat a Lotus.... well depends on what kinda track and how the car is tuned.
5352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/21/08

xiongboy wrote:

u can even look on CR and see that a mustang(roush) lost to a lotus (exige) on AMERICAN ground....so u tell me....how come the roush with its 425hp didn't win against a lotus with like 200hp or so.....and dont say stuff about weight cuz the guy in the mustang KNOWS the track while the lotus donno the track


brilliant,

in your next post, compare how a tissue is weaker than a brick.
122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/21/08

ShinigamiIchigo wrote:

Hmmm a Mustang would beat a Lotus.... well depends on what kinda track and how the car is tuned.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NZpS_gndDE
5352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/21/08

Fialchar wrote:


ShinigamiIchigo wrote:

Hmmm a Mustang would beat a Lotus.... well depends on what kinda track and how the car is tuned.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NZpS_gndDE


never, never, never use top gear to support your argument.
209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/21/08

GreekCotan wrote:


xiongboy wrote:

Gt-racing wrote:

xiongboy wrote:
i wud say import cuz i dont like driving straight (i get enough of that on the highway)

why does people assume you can't track/turn with a muscle car?
zomgz twisties

do u know what twisties are? its turn turn turn not turn straight turn straight straight turn o and how come we neva see muscle car against import on turn n twisties but we see import and muscle on drag??????


lol twisties.. erm you do realize that there are muscle cars nowadays that have better suspension than say the stock muscle cars of the early 60s to the early 80s? Also, it is alot of work to modify the suspension of an old muscle car because you have to remove the engine to work on the front suspension and do welding if they want to add a strut brace which is a bitch.

They have the RW Drivetrain, Suspension, Tires and LSD. why wouldn't something like the Saleen Mustang is unable to drift?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WXH45P02j4&feature=related



actually, alot of muscle cars even in todays time period still uses late 80's technology. Alot of mustangs, including the saleen mustang, still uses a live axle, which SUCKS for cornering. When Rousch made their mustangs, they had a complete overhaul of the mustangs suspension by adding a double wishbone suspension which made it corner like it was made for corners.
209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/21/08

xiongboy wrote:

u can even look on CR and see that a mustang(roush) lost to a lotus (exige) on AMERICAN ground....so u tell me....how come the roush with its 425hp didn't win against a lotus with like 200hp or so.....and dont say stuff about weight cuz the guy in the mustang KNOWS the track while the lotus donno the track


did you just read what you wrote or did you just type whatever popped into your head? your argument with the lotus's weight and the mustangs driver knowing the track makes no sense at all. I dont see how the mustang driver knowing his way around the track while the lotus driver didnt has anything to do with the weight of the lotus. your just throwing out random thoughts that dont make sense together.

also, the biggest advantage for the lotus is because its lighter than other cars. do you want to know why? it can enter a corner at higher speeds, brake faster in a shorter distance, accelerate faster out of a corner, and pick up speed alot quicker than a heavier car can. hell, it doesnt even need that much torque.

The motor in a lotus is pretty weak too. Someone slapped in a F20C and it outperformed the GTS motor they have in there. Anyways, the point im trying to make is that the weight of the lotus is its biggest weapon. what your trying to say is that you want David to take on Goliath without his slingshot. Hows he going to win that battle? By kicking him in the shins?
209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/21/08

ShinigamiIchigo wrote:

Hmmm a Mustang would beat a Lotus.... well depends on what kinda track and how the car is tuned.


its captain obvious to the rescue!

301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Hawaii a.k.a. Teh...
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/21/08
im for american. a lot of the import drivers i do know or came across are real BIG buttholes and have no respect for other people (not all just the ones i met lol dont kill me ;-;)

im a mustang fan girl >.> and uh... mustangs aren't really made for drifting O.o i mean i think theres like... 2 guys who do it professionally but i think thats because they tweak the car a lot....

i believe though import cars (being japanese ones) are better suited for drifting or whatever compared to a domestic car (or american car) because they are more suited for drag racing or speed O.o idk its just my opinion XD
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/21/08

BoostFedEMII wrote:


GreekCotan wrote:


xiongboy wrote:

Gt-racing wrote:

xiongboy wrote:
i wud say import cuz i dont like driving straight (i get enough of that on the highway)

why does people assume you can't track/turn with a muscle car?
zomgz twisties

do u know what twisties are? its turn turn turn not turn straight turn straight straight turn o and how come we neva see muscle car against import on turn n twisties but we see import and muscle on drag??????


lol twisties.. erm you do realize that there are muscle cars nowadays that have better suspension than say the stock muscle cars of the early 60s to the early 80s? Also, it is alot of work to modify the suspension of an old muscle car because you have to remove the engine to work on the front suspension and do welding if they want to add a strut brace which is a bitch.

They have the RW Drivetrain, Suspension, Tires and LSD. why wouldn't something like the Saleen Mustang is unable to drift?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WXH45P02j4&feature=related



actually, alot of muscle cars even in todays time period still uses late 80's technology. Alot of mustangs, including the saleen mustang, still uses a live axle, which SUCKS for cornering. When Rousch made their mustangs, they had a complete overhaul of the mustangs suspension by adding a double wishbone suspension which made it corner like it was made for corners.


Grammar Check: "why wouldn't something like the Saleen Mustang be unable to drift?"
haha what I meant was.. It won't flip like it used to cause it has better traction and suspension mods that are easier to equiped.
I don't no much about history of certain cars like that but thanks for the tidbit of information
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/21/08

xiongboy wrote:

u can even look on CR and see that a mustang(roush) lost to a lotus (exige) on AMERICAN ground....so u tell me....how come the roush with its 425hp didn't win against a lotus with like 200hp or so.....and dont say stuff about weight cuz the guy in the mustang KNOWS the track while the lotus donno the track


American muscle was designed for straight line acceleration, it isn't easy to change fix the suspension problems without doing serious changes to the original design. The fact that the Lotus has less weight means it can accelerate more quickly.
As for that last comment about the track.. I'm pretty sure this isn't Mount Akina you retard and they are given practice time before the final run, if its a competition.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.