First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll is Now on Chromecast!
21710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Sweden, Stockholm
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

Runnerboy885 wrote:

I'm assuming that this feature won't get added to the windows phone app, huh?


Chromecast only supports android and therefore the answer to your question is no.
JDS77 
17897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
Thumbs up Sir!
The Wise Wizard
76417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

miquelfire wrote:

I do need to think about the others in the house who don't know how to change the input.

Do you actually have a Chromecast? Normally it will switch the input on your TV automatically via CEC (if your TV isn't so old that it doesn't support it).




zendude wrote:

It works beautifully. It's in a good resolution too. Thanks. You definitely got me back as a crunchy fan.

What device are you using for control (i.e., PC, iOS, or Android)? The Android app doesn't appear to give a method for casting:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-852427/chromecast-integration-added-in-095-
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-813901/chrome-cast-?fpid=46678329

7028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


miquelfire wrote:

I do need to think about the others in the house who don't know how to change the input.

Do you actually have a Chromecast? Normally it will switch the input on your TV automatically via CEC (if your TV isn't so old that it doesn't support it).



None of my TVs support it.
57588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 6/3/14 , edited 6/3/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


zendude wrote:

It works beautifully. It's in a good resolution too. Thanks. You definitely got me back as a crunchy fan.


What device are you using for control (i.e., PC, iOS, or Android)? The Android app doesn't appear to give a method for casting:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-852427/chromecast-integration-added-in-095-
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-813901/chrome-cast-?fpid=46678329



Android via Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I want to test this out on Apple Phone soon.

Edit:
Just tried it with an Apple Phone, and it works just as good.
- I updated the crunchyroll App to 2.3, most recent.
- The "Chromecast" icon is now on the crunchyroll App.
- Touch that and connect to your Chromecast device.
- Play your video.
- Enjoy
3022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

miquelfire wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


miquelfire wrote:

I do need to think about the others in the house who don't know how to change the input.

Do you actually have a Chromecast? Normally it will switch the input on your TV automatically via CEC (if your TV isn't so old that it doesn't support it).



None of my TVs support it.



That's too bad - most TVs in the last few years support this. On top of that, if you plug the Chromecast's power into the wall (and not your TV), It will turn your TV on for you and switch the input automatically by just clicking the Chromecast button in an app.
27011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
Nice!! now can we have the PS3 app for Europe that we have waited so long for. The USA is not the only place in the world:)
9009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
Regarding the WiiU app for Crunchyroll, www.nintendo.com/wiiu/eshop only lists Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, and Hulu Plus as the only available apps. If it doesn't have other well known apps such as ESPN or Disney or etc... I don't think we can say the WiiU has a real App Store type setup where Crunchyroll could write an app for them.

For Windows 8 I know there is a Windows Phone app, for a Windows 8 tablet or PC I'd recommend using the browser.

I know there will always be questions like "When will CR support their app on X?" but I think they have done a good job of covering almost all the bases with a small software development staff. Remember, they are even on AppleTV, where some much larger companies, such as Amazon Instant Video, are not.
21011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cali, Colombia
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
Yeah! I love chromecast !
11024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
I Love you guys so much
7007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
This is awesome news. I love my Chromecast!!
20260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

TheAncientOne wrote:



Melicans wrote:

I'd never even heard of the Chromecast until now. I guess that means the Wii U really is the bottom of the barrel for a streaming app?

Note the paucity of video apps beyond the "big 3" on the Wii U. Every wonder why that is?

Anyone can develop an app for the Chromecast. That certainly isn't the case for the Wii U.

If you haven't heard of the Chromecast before, you must avoid tech news like the plague. While Google hasn't announce sales numbers, they may have already sold more units of it than the Wii U. (It sells for only $35).


Hahah, pretty much admittedly. I'm not very tech-savvy, so devices like Chromecast are pretty much unknown to me. I can name the gaming systems, the iPad, and the Blackberry, but not much beyond that
8231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
I use my chromecast very often and I always bring it with me when I go over to other peoples houses.
THANK YOU FOR THIS!
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

I must buy it now! (if available in australia)
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
Can't wait to try this later, probably wouldn't have noticed for a while if not for this post thanks.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.