First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply My Name Changed. HOw?
3 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
So first my name was LolHentai and now its LolTaidye? wtf how
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
well I can guess why.......
Posted 6/3/14
illuminati xDDDDDD
14468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
Well, it wasn't here but I saw someone else's account name get changed from 'NAGGERS WITH ATTITUDE' to 'That's Racist, Guys'

In that case and likely this case too it was an Admin edit.
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

GreatLordBalzak wrote:

Well, it wasn't here but I saw someone else's account name get changed from 'NAGGERS WITH ATTITUDE' to 'That's Racist, Guys'

In that case and likely this case too it was an Admin edit.


now that's funny, the admin had fun changing that name
Sogno- 
45722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/3/14


i want to know more name changes XD
7678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
Admin probably changed it.
72866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
Hilarious....
33266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 6/3/14
What's ironic is people have asked for name changes in the past or a "name change request" thread but we've been told that it wasn't possible with the way the site was coded or something like that. I doubt I could find that again on the forums though.
54605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 米国
Offline
Posted 6/3/14 , edited 6/3/14

>>LolHentai<<

I think I can see why they changed it

-Mastergold
One Punch Mod
85885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/3/14 , edited 6/3/14

LolTaidye wrote:

So first my name was LolHentai and now its LolTaidye? wtf how


I've moved this to Site Support / Minor Questions from General Discussion.

As others have surmised, it was an admin change since the original name was deemed inappropriate. If you have questions or concerns regarding this, please contact Customer Support using the Contact Us link.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

Mycow8me wrote:

What's ironic is people have asked for name changes in the past or a "name change request" thread but we've been told that it wasn't possible with the way the site was coded or something like that. I doubt I could find that again on the forums though.

I believe this has outed that it is indeed technically possible, but apparently CR doesn't want their admins pestered with such requests.

33266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


Mycow8me wrote:

What's ironic is people have asked for name changes in the past or a "name change request" thread but we've been told that it wasn't possible with the way the site was coded or something like that. I doubt I could find that again on the forums though.

I believe this has outed that it is indeed technically possible, but apparently CR doesn't want their admins pestered with such requests.



Not wanting to be pestered with requests is fine, all they had to do was say so. Its kinda disturbing to get lied to by customer support.
One Punch Mod
85885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

Mycow8me wrote:
Not wanting to be pestered with requests is fine, all they had to do was say so. Its kinda disturbing to get lied to by customer support.


To my knowledge, this ability is very new, and while it may be used occasionally for circumstances such as this, I suspect it's probably "not ready for prime time." You have not been lied to.

I'll alert customer support to this thread, and perhaps someone with more definite information can clarify the current situation.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/3/14

Mycow8me wrote:

Not wanting to be pestered with requests is fine, all they had to do was say so. Its kinda disturbing to get lied to by customer support.

While I prefer a policy of honesty and transparency, having worked customer service in the past myself I can also understand there are times where not giving some customers the truth is certainly the most time efficient route, especially if the truth wouldn't change the outcome.

For anyone that has worked in a customer-facing occupation, I'm certain they've encountered their share of customers that think they should be the exception to the rules, and if they create enough of a ruckus, they'll get their way (and too often they do). Go through that enough times, and you'll end up trying to avoid the whole thing when possible, even if it means not telling the truth.


More to the point in this case, as this is thread is the first time I've encountered someone having their user name changed, I am inclined to believe that as lorreen stated, that this is a recently enabled function.

If so, perhaps at some point they will allow users themselves to change their username, but if they do so, there are various reasons I hope they limit how often and/or the number of times it can be done.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.