First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime fans and MLP fans
Jonexe 
8130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 6/7/14

Renegatz wrote:


I also don't understand the appeal of the show what so ever. I have a four year old daughter, and as such, have seen Every. Single. Episode. multiple times. She laughs, she enjoys it, and that's great. I don't see any interest in it for adults. There's a handful of bits that only an adult might catch, but almost every western cartoon does that. I can only assume that some folks on the internet thought it would be funny to be adult MLP Fans and it cascaded from there; much like many other stupid internet trends.

Goes without saying that My Little Pony isn't for everyone, I suppose. All four seasons of FiM multiple times though? And you can't stand it? Must suck to be a dad :P



Nah, being a dad is awesome. There's just parts of it you have to learn to deal with, especially when you have a little girl. It does teach you to have this amazing ability to tune out practically everything except the sounds your kid makes. Selective hearing training at it's finest.
19302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 6/7/14


In all honesty, I have not had a brony come up to me saying "OH MY GOD! MLP IS THE SHIT YOU GOTTA TRY IT!" in my face. I see them all over the internet and I see them off the internet too. I don't even bother.
8072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
Meh doesn't bother me yeah I like MLP:FIM and yes my family thinks it's weird but I'm used to that by now. They've thought it was weird that I still buy Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks movies (Good ones), watch/buy anime, and watch cartoons (Adventure Time, MLP, and Legend of Korra). Hell I had some dudes looking at me and snickering when I went to buy Mario Kart 8 yesterday. So I've become immune to what people think of the stuff I choose to watch or buy with my own time and money. In short IDGAF.
6603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14
A lot of people, who are, mind you in their 20s and 30s, for some reason LOVE MLP. And no, they are rather reasonable people who are rather normal fans who are also into anime. Personally, I think MLP sucks and not the greatest thing ever. I mean, it's cute...but I've seen funnier stuff.*shrugs*

I feel really bad for the 99 percent of MLP fans who just like the show everytime I hear stories about Bronies with their Xrated furry art and how nasty they are. My little cousin can't even look up MLP pics because of porn! I don't really care about one's sexual preferences but if you want to screw a fictional animated animal, you're seriously messed up and yes. I will judge you and side-eye you, you pedo.

Otherwise, I don't really care. To each their own for the most part. Lord knows, anime fans got their far share of weirdos too.



16347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Osaka, Jp.
Offline
Posted 6/8/14 , edited 6/8/14

qualeshia3 wrote:
In all honesty, I have not had a brony come up to me saying "OH MY GOD! MLP IS THE SHIT YOU GOTTA TRY IT!" in my face. I see them all over the internet and I see them off the internet too. I don't even bother.

So would you say that the whole "crazy brony trying to make people watch it" thing is often more imagined than real?


Nogara-san wrote:

A lot of people, who are, mind you in their 20s and 30s, for some reason LOVE MLP. And no, they are rather reasonable people who are rather normal fans who are also into anime. Personally, I think MLP sucks and not the greatest thing ever. I mean, it's cute...but I've seen funnier stuff.*shrugs*

I feel really bad for the 99 percent of MLP fans who just like the show everytime I hear stories about Bronies with their Xrated furry art and how nasty they are. My little cousin can't even look up MLP pics because of porn! I don't really care about one's sexual preferences but if you want to screw a fictional animated animal, you're seriously messed up and yes. I will judge you and side-eye you, you pedo.

Otherwise, I don't really care. To each their own for the most part. Lord knows, anime fans got their far share of weirdos too.

While it really, really sucks that you have to worry about your cousin being exposed to...pony porn...when she's browsing around the internet. That being said, I think the issue isn't quite as straightforward as the first bolded part, and has nothing to do with the second. Here's what I posted earlier in the thread on the subject:

Does that strike a chord with you or just come across as rampant apologism for e-debauchery? lmao
12604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 6/8/14 , edited 6/8/14
I think there is a big distinction between people and horses... If that wasn't clear already. I'm not really too sure how to feel about my little pony fans. I guess it's the same with shota fans.
16347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Osaka, Jp.
Offline
Posted 6/8/14 , edited 6/8/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:

I think there is a big distinction between people and horses... If that wasn't clear already. I'm not really too sure how to feel about my little pony fans. I guess it's the same with shota fans.

Wait what, adults who watch My Little Pony are the same as people who are into shota? Please care to explain, lol.

What I mean is that I don't think people who make/enjoy MLP hentai do so because of the horse-like features of the characters, which are not in the least created for the purpose of being erotic. Basically, you'd do well to take your zoophilocentric (I hope that's a word) lens off, because this is really about 2D characters in general and why people fantasize about them.

My point is that if someone finds Cortana hot, it doesn't mean they want to make love to a hologram. A lolicon is not likely to be a pedophile. I've seen of people liking dark skin in anime but not being into dark-skinned girls IRL. People into furry erotica are another good example - you'll likely find that the vast majority of them won't be zoophiles. Anyway before I disgust people with more examples I think you can see where I'm going with this: While 2D attractions shouldn't be categorically opposed to their RL bases, simply equating them reeks of intellectual laziness.

Either way we keep going off-topic with all this talk about sexual stuff, but I suppose I should have seen this coming when I made this thread.
19302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 6/8/14





Sorta.
Orbxck 
23052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 6/8/14
I'm not very good at trying to explain stuff so I'll try to make it short and if you wanna ask more go ahead.
I am a fan of Anime and MLP, I have a strict rule to never force stuff on others (I'll suggest it but that's bout it), I have no problem others not liking what I like however I do not find it okay in the slightest to mock what I like in front of me (if it's online haters I couldn't care less about it) I like a wide range of anime (Slice of Life, Romance, Mecha, Horror, Action, Echi, etc) if I like the stoy, characters and whatnot I see no reason to dislike it, and MLP is no different to me. I know full well that not many feel the same but that's fine after all everyone has different opinions and I like that about humans (habit not important). Like I said before I'm not good at explanations so yeah, I just tried to keep this short as I could sorry if you found it long or if you dislike/offended by my statements. Thanks for reading and have a good day/night and all that jazz. //_^Y
20438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

Raimu4 wrote:


Renegatz wrote:


Thfelese wrote:

MLP fans are just losers, who can't think father then their nose.

Care to elaborate on this?


TsunLemon wrote:

Well, some of my friends seem to like MLP, and I don't hate on them for it; but, like it would be with someone that likes something Anime related that I disapprove of (ej; a pairing that goes against my top OTPs), my reaction is simply telling them to stop throwing it at me. I don't like them ponies, and don't want to see them.
Simply put: Hate the subjects, don't hate the fans.
As for those MLP H doujins....someone should create a filter for them, those covers alone aren't too pleasant to the eyes.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. So you've tried the show but despised it?


Raimu4 wrote:

My friends dont like MLP since im not a pedo that hangs out with 9 year old girls.

Your friends...don't like MLP....because you're not a pedo. Sorry I'm not following you, buddy.


Because my friends are older than 9



Posted by the dude with a fucking loli as his avatar. I fucking hate people like you. If you were on another forum and someone called you out for liking that you would defend it to death, but then turn around and do the same thing to someone else. Pathetic
6158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/8/14 , edited 6/8/14
Off topic, but Tomoko from Watamote isn't really a pre-teen, hyjinx17. She's in high school and is somewhere in the 15-18 age group.
12860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Mobile, Alabama
Offline
Posted 6/8/14
Who'd've thought that there'd be such a deep conversation about My Little Pony taking place here? Having read quite a few of these posts, I feel a bit more enlightened about the subject. As well as a bit more mystified. I never really paid attention to MLP very much. Didn't see the need. I certainly don't mind people who do (I mean, not that I know anyone who does.... I'm the only one I know who likes anime the way I do IRL so I wouldn't have the ability discuss this topic with them anyway), but it really is all about not being so judgemental of the taste of others. Since I'm not affected at all by what others like.

I have never watched MLP but I wouldn't necessarily discourage anyone from doing so. I think it'd be a bit hypocritical of me considering how much I do like anime and how I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from watching it if I were asked about it. Again, I don't watch MLP, but I think folks should do what makes them happy.

That being said, I think it's easier to be an open anime fan than to be an open MLP fan so I could very well know someone who likes MLP without even knowing it. Since at least anime is bit more acceptable for males in their twenties and onwards to watch.
16347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Osaka, Jp.
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

jacobtlong wrote:

Who'd've thought that there'd be such a deep conversation about My Little Pony taking place here? Having read quite a few of these posts, I feel a bit more enlightened about the subject. As well as a bit more mystified.

I'm actually really glad this thread had an effect on how someone who isn't into MLP views the subject.
12604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

Renegatz wrote:

Wait what, adults who watch My Little Pony are the same as people who are into shota? Please care to explain, lol.

What I mean is that I don't think people who make/enjoy MLP hentai do so because of the horse-like features of the characters, which are not in the least created for the purpose of being erotic. Basically, you'd do well to take your zoophilocentric (I hope that's a word) lens off, because this is really about 2D characters in general and why people fantasize about them.

My point is that if someone finds Cortana hot, it doesn't mean they want to make love to a hologram. A lolicon is not likely to be a pedophile. I've seen of people liking dark skin in anime but not being into dark-skinned girls IRL. People into furry erotica are another good example - you'll likely find that the vast majority of them won't be zoophiles. Anyway before I disgust people with more examples I think you can see where I'm going with this: While 2D attractions shouldn't be categorically opposed to their RL bases, simply equating them reeks of intellectual laziness.

Either way we keep going off-topic with all this talk about sexual stuff, but I suppose I should have seen this coming when I made this thread.
I was referencing shota because it's also considered an unusual fan base that many don't understand. I don't understand brownie culture. I though the thing that differentiate furry and hentai is the animal part. It's cartoon bestiality, but like you said they might not be into bestiality. Also-- I've seen of people liking dark skin in anime but not being into dark-skinned girls IRL. hope you know how offensive that sounds
853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

hyjinx17 wrote:


Raimu4 wrote:


Renegatz wrote:


Thfelese wrote:

MLP fans are just losers, who can't think father then their nose.

Care to elaborate on this?


TsunLemon wrote:

Well, some of my friends seem to like MLP, and I don't hate on them for it; but, like it would be with someone that likes something Anime related that I disapprove of (ej; a pairing that goes against my top OTPs), my reaction is simply telling them to stop throwing it at me. I don't like them ponies, and don't want to see them.
Simply put: Hate the subjects, don't hate the fans.
As for those MLP H doujins....someone should create a filter for them, those covers alone aren't too pleasant to the eyes.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. So you've tried the show but despised it?


Raimu4 wrote:

My friends dont like MLP since im not a pedo that hangs out with 9 year old girls.

Your friends...don't like MLP....because you're not a pedo. Sorry I'm not following you, buddy.


Because my friends are older than 9



Posted by the dude with a fucking loli as his avatar. I fucking hate people like you. If you were on another forum and someone called you out for liking that you would defend it to death, but then turn around and do the same thing to someone else. Pathetic


Tomoko isnt a loli
Why so frustrated?

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.