First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Eating Habits
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
I use a lot of pepper, also I'm kinda a clean freak so I use a lot of napkins
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
Oh My Golly Goodness, You haven't experienced TRUE Southern Food until You just grab a plate full of Goodies, and shovel Your helpings all across Your plate haphazardly, and the begin to mix it ALL together. Man, I'm making Myself hungry and I just ate a HECKUVA awesome Breakfast from Dunkin Donuts!



Ate two of these Big N' Toasted's...Mmmmm, Mouth watering. Followed by...



A couple orders of these....De-freaking-lectable. And it was all washed down with...



Anyone who hasn't tried One of these, I suggest You hightail it to D.D. ASAP! That place freaking rocks, and the Workers are so friendly and seemingly passionate about their Work. But getting back on topic....Mmmm, Gimme 4-5 Eggs; overeasy. Cut em up, spread the Yolk. Take some buttered toast right of the toaster and tear it into pieces about on the Plate. Put some fried potatoes the way I go about doing it; I cook My friend potatoes and other scrambled eggs together. Oh Man, if You've never attempted it, You haven't lived! They BOTH come out SO fluffy! Then I prepare My Father's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING...EARTH SHATTERINGLY DELICIOUS "Cream Gravy" which literally gets poured over EVERYTHING with a couple Grands layers biscuits bifurcated and buttered and Multiple Fruit jelly squirted about as well. Maybe a Sausage patty, or a couple strips of Bacon tossed on top, and Goodness gracious...I DO believe I'm ready to DIG IN!

And Yes
But HOT DARN, it's so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Sogno- 
45654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Oh My Golly Goodness, You haven't experienced TRUE Southern Food until You just grab a plate full of Goodies, and shovel Your helpings all across Your plate haphazardly, and the begin to mix it ALL together. Man, I'm making Myself hungry and I just ate a HECKUVA awesome Breakfast from Dunkin Donuts!


ain't nothin like good ole southern food


72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/5/14

Sogno- wrote:


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Oh My Golly Goodness, You haven't experienced TRUE Southern Food until You just grab a plate full of Goodies, and shovel Your helpings all across Your plate haphazardly, and the begin to mix it ALL together. Man, I'm making Myself hungry and I just ate a HECKUVA awesome Breakfast from Dunkin Donuts!


ain't nothin like good ole southern food




You ain't never lied.
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/5/14 , edited 6/5/14

longdanzi103 wrote:

I use a lot of pepper, also I'm kinda a clean freak so I use a lot of napkins


Me too My Friend...I keep a roll of Paper Towels next to Me the entire time when I'm eating. And Pepper is the Bee's knees.
24548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
To answer the OP questions:
If you have 2+ items on your plate, do you eat them one at a time, or take a few bites out of each and finish it that way?
Depends on the items, but I generally eat them concurrently. Steak + potatoes, etc.

Does your food have to be separated or is it okay if they get a little mixed? It all goes down the same way, but is the taste of each individual food item most important to you?
Again, depends on the food. If my wife makes home-made mac & cheese, I want it eaten on it's own separate from other food. If it's steak & potatoes, I throw it down my mouth at the same time.

Do you cut up your meat, or just stab it with a fork/eat with hands as a whole?
Unless it's a burger, I cut my meat up.

Do you use napkins?
Yes. It generally stays on my lap during a meal.

Do you often add salt & pepper?
Generally it's pepper I add and that usually only happens with mayo based salads.
8425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
I separate the carbohydrate from the protein, eat them within 5 minutes break of each other, in this order : carbs, proteins, salad , also no liquids 2 hours before and after eating any meal.
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
Lol, my family was very strict with the way i ate. Personally i could care less for table mannerisms when i am by myself, but if im with a particular type of person when i eat (someone who may be a bit more posh than myself) i tend to eat in a more refined way. I Normally eat each portion on my plate separately as to enjoy each thing thoroughly. I do use napkins. I sometimes use extra seasoning if the person who cooked the meal is not around, as i find some people actually get insulted if you add seasoning to something they already have seasoned before
Sogno- 
45654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/14

outerheaven139 wrote:

I separate the carbohydrate from the protein, eat them within 5 minutes break of each other, in this order : carbs, proteins, salad , also no liquids 2 hours before and after eating any meal.


that is a very specific way of eating
8425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Honnouji academy
Offline
Posted 6/5/14

Sogno- wrote:


outerheaven139 wrote:

I separate the carbohydrate from the protein, eat them within 5 minutes break of each other, in this order : carbs, proteins, salad , also no liquids 2 hours before and after eating any meal.


that is a very specific way of eating


It is, you can add vegetables at any point though, carbohydrates and proteins are digested at different parts of the stomach, so eating carbs will allow your body to fully absorb all nutrients that would get lost and not used if you just ate it all together, also both require completly different enzymes to be digested, protein uses pepsin which is not good to digest carbohydrates, plus you never feel sluggish or heavy in general.
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 6/5/14

mdmrn wrote:

To answer the OP questions:
If you have 2+ items on your plate, do you eat them one at a time, or take a few bites out of each and finish it that way?
Depends on the items, but I generally eat them concurrently. Steak + potatoes, etc.

Does your food have to be separated or is it okay if they get a little mixed? It all goes down the same way, but is the taste of each individual food item most important to you?
Again, depends on the food. If my wife makes home-made mac & cheese, I want it eaten on it's own separate from other food. If it's steak & potatoes, I throw it down my mouth at the same time.


Meat and Potatoes is a match made in heaven, I use to take a baked potato, and mash it up with sour cream, a little butter and steak sauce and eat a steak with that. I do this only once in a while but I normally don't eat a steak with any sauce.

also the family thinks I'm weird since I like my steak on the rare side .......
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 6/5/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Oh My Golly Goodness, You haven't experienced TRUE Southern Food until You just grab a plate full of Goodies, and shovel Your helpings all across Your plate haphazardly, and the begin to mix it ALL together. Man, I'm making Myself hungry and I just ate a HECKUVA awesome Breakfast from Dunkin Donuts!



Ate two of these Big N' Toasted's...Mmmmm, Mouth watering.


I make these all the time at home, but I'm weird I guess because I like a sunny side up egg on it, I eat it over hashbrowns....

but I get this all the time at dunkin
21519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Houston
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
I eat what I want, when I want, because I don't gain any weight.

At least that's what I used to say before I hit 30. Now it's like my metabolism has gone into revolt. I still don't put on weight very quick, but my eating habits are still atrocious, so I eat garbage at a pace that just barely outpaces my metabolism. And that equals tighter pants.

On the bright side, my butt looks better! Silver lining, I guess. I really need to make exercise a regular routine.
21519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Houston
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
Oh, I also love spicy food. The spicier, the better.
24325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / wherever my work...
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
Depends on what I'm actually eating.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.