First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Discussion
21705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 6/5/14
Now I wanna play a Yu-Gi-Oh game.

I wish they made one for P$4 or Vita but nah, Konami (or whoever makes them these days) is like...


NO DUEL FOR YOU!!
11154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

Kurodenki wrote:

Now I wanna play a Yu-Gi-Oh game.

I wish they made one for P$4 or Vita but nah, Konami (or whoever makes them these days) is like...


NO DUEL FOR YOU!!


I think there is a game coming out for the 3ds though zexal duel carnival or something.
104115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 6/8/14
I am old school yugioh. Is exodia still good?
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

AnimeKami wrote:

I am old school yugioh. Is exodia still good?


For a deck based exclusively, probably not anymore. I'm 6-7 years behind Yuigoh now, haven't collected a card in ages though. There's probably a lot of new cards to counter it or lock it down before it's in your hand. Then again, there could be new cards that make a player draw it easily

Regarding the latest episode, I spotted Exceed Monsters with the XYZ. I skipped Yugioh Zexal though so might have to catch up a bit on how it works.
223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 6/10/14
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V is turning out to be a pretty decent spin-off.

I like it so far, but there is a few plot holes here and there like how many years is this anime taking place in. Other than that I like that this series is taking in all the spin-offs into one big series.

The characters are great and I hope Yuzu gets a bigger part unlike Akiza in 5DS (she was great and all, but later on she became more of a bland character). Pendulum Summon is really interesting that's for sure.

I'm more excited for this spin-off than the other spin-offs even though they are good on their own, I like Arc-V a bit more and that's saying a lot.
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/10/14 , edited 6/10/14

rcybs wrote:

I like it so far, but there is a few plot holes here and there like how many years is this anime taking place in. Other than that I like that this series is taking in all the spin-offs into one big series.

The characters are great and I hope Yuzu gets a bigger part unlike Akiza in 5DS (she was great and all, but later on she became more of a bland character). Pendulum Summon is really interesting that's for sure.

I'm more excited for this spin-off than the other spin-offs even though they are good on their own, I like Arc-V a bit more and that's saying a lot.


Yeah, Aki is also one of my favorites although I have to say that her role was still prominent later on when she fought against Sherry. Shame we never saw any development with Yusei towards the end despite the hints. One thing about this show that made caught me on though is how they are bringing back concepts like XYZ, fusion summoning (preview next episode), etc. Maybe we might even see ritual and synchro later?

I hope these cards will be exclusive as collectibles though soon. I recall the Dark Synchro monsters in 5d's that were anime exclusively only. Oh well.
223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 6/10/14

stark700 wrote:


rcybs wrote:

I like it so far, but there is a few plot holes here and there like how many years is this anime taking place in. Other than that I like that this series is taking in all the spin-offs into one big series.

The characters are great and I hope Yuzu gets a bigger part unlike Akiza in 5DS (she was great and all, but later on she became more of a bland character). Pendulum Summon is really interesting that's for sure.

I'm more excited for this spin-off than the other spin-offs even though they are good on their own, I like Arc-V a bit more and that's saying a lot.


Yeah, Aki is also one of my favorites although I have to say that her role was still prominent later on when she fought against Sherry. Shame we never saw any development with Yusei towards the end despite the hints. One thing about this show that made caught me on though is how they are bringing back concepts like XYZ, fusion summoning (preview next episode), etc. Maybe we might even see ritual and synchro later?

I hope these cards will be exclusive as collectibles though soon. I recall the Dark Synchro monsters in 5d's that were anime exclusively only. Oh well.


Aki is probably my top female character from Yu-Gi-Oh to be honest. Anzu (or Tea Garner) and Asuka (or Alexis Rhode) is pretty much tied together for second place. Both are great in their own way, just wished Tea had a bit more action to her other than being a sideline character for almost most of the anime run and Alexis having a bigger role other than introducing new Ritual and Fusion cards like the whole cast of GX (seriously though GX had a crap ton of Fusion cards with a few Ritual cards LOL). Zexal did introduced a variety of female characters like Cathy, Tori and Rio though Rio became a overly protective sister, Cathy barely has much screen time, and Tori was just mainly the lonely peanut gallery. Still I have high hopes for Yuzu to do good.

I hope for Ritual to at least make an appearance been a long time since I last seen an Ritual summon which was like in GX really. Synchro I'm not sure about them since there are plenty of them running around though I don't mind seeing them in the anime,

Yeah, I kinda do want to go back to collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards just for the fun of it, but money problems . Dark Synchro was an anime gimmick that is there only, because plot. I don't think they were ever made into cards really though they might in the distant future maybe (I find adding numbers is easier than subtracting numbers).
93251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Eden of the East
Offline
Posted 6/10/14 , edited 6/10/14
Thought this might be helpful for those who aren't 100% sure how Pendulum Summoning works.

A Pendulum Summon is a form of Special Summon introduced in Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V. Pendulum Summoning allows the player to Summon high-Level monsters.

Once per turn, during their Main Phase, if the turn player has a Pendulum Monster in both Pendulum Zones, that player can Pendulum Summon any number of monsters from their hand and/or any number of Pendulum Monsters from their Extra Deck with a Level between the blue Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the left Pendulum Zone and the red Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the right Pendulum Zone. A Pendulum Summon can be negated by cards that negate Special Summons like "Solemn Warning" and "Thunder King Rai-Oh"; however, if more than 1 monster would be Pendulum Summoned at the same time, then cards like "Thunder King Rai-Oh" or "Horn of Heaven" that specify they can only be activated when exactly 1 monster would be Summoned cannot be activated.

Since only monsters whose Levels are between the Pendulum Scales of the 2 Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones can be Pendulum Summoned, if they have Pendulum Scales that are either the same or have a difference of 1, you cannot perform a Pendulum Summon, because there is no Level number that exists between them. (Even if you cannot perform a Pendulum Summon, you still gain the Pendulum Effects of the Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones.)
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/10/14

rcybs wrote:

Aki is probably my top female character from Yu-Gi-Oh to be honest. Anzu (or Tea Garner) and Asuka (or Alexis Rhode) is pretty much tied together for second place. Both are great in their own way, just wished Tea had a bit more action to her other than being a sideline character for almost most of the anime run and Alexis having a bigger role other than introducing new Ritual and Fusion cards like the whole cast of GX (seriously though GX had a crap ton of Fusion cards with a few Ritual cards LOL). Zexal did introduced a variety of female characters like Cathy, Tori and Rio though Rio became a overly protective sister, Cathy barely has much screen time, and Tori was just mainly the lonely peanut gallery. Still I have high hopes for Yuzu to do good.

I hope for Ritual to at least make an appearance been a long time since I last seen an Ritual summon which was like in GX really. Synchro I'm not sure about them since there are plenty of them running around though I don't mind seeing them in the anime,

Yeah, I kinda do want to go back to collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards just for the fun of it, but money problems . Dark Synchro was an anime gimmick that is there only, because plot. I don't think they were ever made into cards really though they might in the distant future maybe (I find adding numbers is easier than subtracting numbers).


Same for Aki. I felt like her character did progress quite a bit both as a duelist and character.

Imo though, Tea is my least favorite female character as her role is merely a supporter rather than a duelist. The few times she was involved in duels were mediocre with none of her cards making it to mainstream. Her role is more like for friendship and part of support rather than to test the main protagonist's progress. As for Alexis, I actually like her personality but some bits of the White Society arc ruined her character. I think she is one of the stronger duelists in GX although I'm not a fan of her deck style. I didn't watch Zexal so I'm not sure about Cathy, Tori, etc.

Ritual Summoning isn't popular anymore. I don't even recall them being played much in GX or the original series except maybe parts of season 2. Dark Synchro is a powerhouse imo if summoned right. There are counterparts to the cards in real life but their effects are somewhat downplayed compared to their anime. On the other hand, the anime makes them very difficult to summon in the first place so it kinda balances it out.


ShawnHacaga wrote:

Thought this might be helpful for those who aren't 100% sure how Pendulum Summoning works.

A Pendulum Summon is a form of Special Summon introduced in Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V. Pendulum Summoning allows the player to Summon high-Level monsters.

Once per turn, during their Main Phase, if the turn player has a Pendulum Monster in both Pendulum Zones, that player can Pendulum Summon any number of monsters from their hand and/or any number of Pendulum Monsters from their Extra Deck with a Level between the blue Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the left Pendulum Zone and the red Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the right Pendulum Zone. A Pendulum Summon can be negated by cards that negate Special Summons like "Solemn Warning" and "Thunder King Rai-Oh"; however, if more than 1 monster would be Pendulum Summoned at the same time, then cards like "Thunder King Rai-Oh" or "Horn of Heaven" that specify they can only be activated when exactly 1 monster would be Summoned cannot be activated.

Since only monsters whose Levels are between the Pendulum Scales of the 2 Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones can be Pendulum Summoned, if they have Pendulum Scales that are either the same or have a difference of 1, you cannot perform a Pendulum Summon, because there is no Level number that exists between them. (Even if you cannot perform a Pendulum Summon, you still gain the Pendulum Effects of the Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones.)


Ah I see! Thanks for this. I'll have to read more into this later. I think maybe later on, the show will introduce more cards to make this a bit easier to utilize or even bypass a few of its restrictions.

Btw, are action cards exclusive for this season only? I don't recall seeing them before and they seem to be only used in anime so far because the way other characters are able to obtain them with unorthodox methods.
93251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Eden of the East
Offline
Posted 6/10/14 , edited 6/10/14

stark700 wrote:

Ah I see! Thanks for this. I'll have to read more into this later. I think maybe later on, the show will introduce more cards to make this a bit easier to utilize or even bypass a few of its restrictions.

Btw, are action cards exclusive for this season only? I don't recall seeing them before and they seem to be only used in anime so far because the way other characters are able to obtain them with unorthodox methods.


No problem man. Also, I'm pretty sure action cards will only be exclusive to Arc-V since they really can't be utilized outside Action duels. Just like Speed Spells were only exclusive to 5Ds because you could only use them in Speed duels.
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/10/14

ShawnHacaga wrote:


stark700 wrote:

Ah I see! Thanks for this. I'll have to read more into this later. I think maybe later on, the show will introduce more cards to make this a bit easier to utilize or even bypass a few of its restrictions.

Btw, are action cards exclusive for this season only? I don't recall seeing them before and they seem to be only used in anime so far because the way other characters are able to obtain them with unorthodox methods.


No problem man. Also, I'm pretty sure action cards will only be exclusive to Arc-V since they really can't be utilized outside Action duels. Just like Speed Spells were only exclusive to 5Ds because you could only use them in Speed duels.


Ah, makes sense!
223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 6/10/14 , edited 6/10/14
Episode 9 was pretty great.

291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Los Angeles, CA
Offline
Posted 6/14/14
Is this spin-off worth getting into? Saw the 1st episode and was like wtf? What are the actual rules for Action Duels.
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/16/14
Episode 10

Holy shit, Synchro Summoning?! I haven't seen this since 5d's. We also get some fusion in the episode as well although I wasn't too impressed by it since it was using Hand Fusion rather than the standard way with Polymerization.

Anyways, fun episode. Those Gem-Knights and XX Saber monsters are quite something.
ta11ey 
14639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/14
Thank god they are acknowledging other types of summoning
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.