First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply For the people who watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, choose your favorite character out of the options.
WeiB47 
16695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / That's classified!
Offline
Posted 6/6/14
Zuko he is just so likable, complicated, and stubborn all at the same! That's why he's my number one!!!

699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Britain
Offline
Posted 6/6/14
Definitely between Toph and Sokka. Sokka is funny, awesome and skilled even without being a bender. Toph is a great character, she's just as funny, has a great personality and is a really strong bender; I love how Toph accepts her blindness, doesn't let it get in her way and even makes jokes about it
243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
It's been some time since I last watched the show but Zuko is easily my favorite. He really made the show for me and I stayed till the end to watch his character progress, it was really satisfying. My favorite part was him practicing for when he wanted to join Aang and his friends.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/7/14

englishotaku wrote:

Definitely between Toph and Sokka. Sokka is funny, awesome and skilled even without being a bender. Toph is a great character, she's just as funny, has a great personality and is a really strong bender; I love how Toph accepts her blindness, doesn't let it get in her way and even makes jokes about it


Yes. Agree with this.
699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Britain
Offline
Posted 6/7/14


I'm glad someone does
16121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / cheesecakes
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
I love everyone in this show tbh. I love azula the most but I gotta go with toph from the list because she made the greatest first impression for me personally.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/7/14



35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/8/14
The question of which character to choose as one's favorite is incredibly difficult when we're to choose from a list of extremely well-written, cleverly developed, and vibrant characters. The best part about these characters is that the writers knew how to establish, build up, and resolve conflicts for each character very, very well. Easy answers were few and far between, character motivations and reactions were believable, timing and pacing were well-handled, there's no doubt about it: Avatar: The Last Airbender had wonderful writers.

Since I'm limited to one character (and only from this list), I suppose I'll go with Toph. What's really nice about Toph is that she's a magnificent display of contrasting character elements finding a harmonious balance. For instance, Toph is a stringently disciplined person, but she also greatly values her personal freedom and opportunities to cut loose. She'll readily put both Aang and herself through a training camp from hell sequence in order to get even a little better at earth bending, but she knows when to turn the pressure down and have fun. That's a hard balance to strike, and that she's able to pull it off believably just goes to show that Toph is well-written, well-performed, and all around worthwhile.
42417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/8/14



Toph is in the lead on the polls with Zuko falling behind.
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

qualeshia3 wrote:

Toph is in the lead on the polls with Zuko falling behind.


To be fair, they're all more or less equally good characters. Whoever is in the lead at the moment, it's reasonable for them to be there.

My main complaint as far as Avatar characters are concerned would be that Ty Lee got shorted on exploration and development, but then I'm also aware that there was only so much screen time available and a LOT of ground to cover with it. Sacrifices simply had to be made, and I think the writers made a reasonable decision.
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Planet Mars
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
TOPH


because she is blind but can still kick your butt!!
24177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

BlueOni wrote:

The question of which character to choose as one's favorite is incredibly difficult when we're to choose from a list of extremely well-written, cleverly developed, and vibrant characters. The best part about these characters is that the writers knew how to establish, build up, and resolve conflicts for each character very, very well. Easy answers were few and far between, character motivations and reactions were believable, timing and pacing were well-handled, there's no doubt about it: Avatar: The Last Airbender had wonderful writers.

Since I'm limited to one character (and only from this list), I suppose I'll go with Toph. What's really nice about Toph is that she's a magnificent display of contrasting character elements finding a harmonious balance. For instance, Toph is a stringently disciplined person, but she also greatly values her personal freedom and opportunities to cut loose. She'll readily put both Aang and herself through a training camp from hell sequence in order to get even a little better at earth bending, but she knows when to turn the pressure down and have fun. That's a hard balance to strike, and that she's able to pull it off believably just goes to show that Toph is well-written, well-performed, and all around worthwhile.


Yeah, that pretty much sums up my thoughts. Couldn't of said it better myself. Toph for the Win.
24958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
Ah, definitely have to say Zuko and Azula were my favorite characters for all their paranoid insecurities. They were very believable sociopaths with their family background and stressful conditions.
16482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
Sokka for me. I love his personality and his stupid jokes!
Though I gotta love the random foaming mouth guy too.



35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

SyllieChan wrote:

Though I gotta love the random foaming mouth guy too.


He's hilarious too, but there's just something magical about the nameless cabbage merchant.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.