First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
What is the reason you watch anime?
Le_Dom 
16890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montreal
Offline
Posted 6/6/14

bathroom64 wrote:

I don't watch anime.


Yet you give Crunchyroll a monthly 7 dollars. How generous of you!
85860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/6/14

Le_Dom wrote:


bathroom64 wrote:

I don't watch anime.


Yet you give Crunchyroll a monthly 7 dollars. How generous of you!


Anime is too mainstream. I'm thinking of dropping it soon, myself.
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/6/14
I'd say that it's an odd mix between loneliness, boredom, passion, excitement, the stirring of One's emotions, possibly even a bit of a sense of entitlement...Well, not entitlement per se, but the fact that sometimes as an Animanga Fan, especially when You live in a small, or isolated Area, at times You may tend to get the feeling that You are part of a Culture that is still rather New, and dare I say, "foreign"
and unexplored Terrain for many. Also, sometimes, it's just a simple fact that the World, at least from the Viewpoint of this User just isn't all that exciting at times and Anime and Manga provide that escape, and sense of enjoyment and excitement for Me.

It's that simple. And I LOVE each and every bit, minute and second I'm a part of this Culture. <3
18136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/6/14
It lets me have several different lives without actually having to go out and try to get one myself.

Jk, but on a more serious note, I watch it because irl I feel like I'm surrounded by so much pessimism, and I think the whole "Never give up" theme that runs in a lot of anime I watch really gives me much needed hope. Also, anime is an expression of the people who made it, and I'm always up for hearing about or seeing what other people think of the world or what goes on inside their head. And I have to say, what goes on inside some people's minds is pretty awesome.
223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 6/6/14
The reason I watch anime is I guess because I find American cartoons to be rather harsh for me. I like them, but it changed a lot and now i find them to be not funny much anymore. :/

The main reasons I watch anime is because I feel more connected to the characters in anime. I also loved the character development and that the fact that most of the main characters don't give up makes me realize that I should never give up. Plus I love that the animators are giving their animation details and new elements to different genres and such. Also animes tend to be more open-minded on some topics and I rarely see American cartoons do that without having a weird representation I guess....not sure what I am trying to say really.

I guess it's because I enjoy something that gives me a bit of joy.
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/6/14
Because reality sucks

“リアルなんてクソゲーだ!”
10205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / The MOOOON
Offline
Posted 6/6/14
To get away from the world because this world sucks dick
23961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/6/14
I just really like anime. I can't get into Game of Thrones and other shows like people but I really like the versatility anime/manga authors not to mentioned that as far as I can remember I have been watching anime. To be honest, I barely keep up with TV anymore. Aside from sports and Supernatural I don't really care what's on the TV. In addition, anime have far more themes and ideas explored than regular television where is all cop dramas.
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/6/14

Hero_of_SAO wrote:

The ability to tell stories that would never be green lit in any other medium. Can you ever see Kill la Kill being produced by a western company for western televise, no. The Japanese have balls to tell the stories no one else will.



So you will watch anime as long as you find it amusing and out of this world?


SORAX7STARS wrote:

i like the artstyle and i am obsessed with japan in general.


So you will watch anime as long as you obsessed with japan?


Silver-san497 wrote:

*clears throat*
-Powerful and deep messages that give you all sorts of emotional responses
-Action, brilliant animation that is really something to behold
-Art, play on colours that tie in to story, beautiful
-Great music in soundtrack, op and ed
-(Subbed, to learn Japanese)
-Characters that you can identify with
-Themes and fantasy
-An escape from reality
-something to do
etc...



Will you still watch anime with out a powerful and deep messages, action, brilliant animation art, great music, sub, fantasy, characters you can relate to?


kaname08 wrote:

fangirling :3


Will you still watch anime with out "fangirling"?


Bakaneer wrote:

There are a bazillion or so reasons why I watch anime, but the biggest one is that I enjoy the artwork and the characters. If course not every one of them bring that to the table, but I know that it's something I look forward to watching.


Are you saying as long as you have something to look forward to you will watch anime?

21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/6/14

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

Lol, well besides the obvious fact that i enjoy it. I grew up in a country (bahamas) where there really isn't much to do as a Caucasian person if you are not of a very rich and or noble background; so i was often extremely bored. I found anime was something that i could always get into and enjoy. I enjoyed the relationships built between characters and the over all story lines that often added a bit of excitement to my life. I have various social disabilities, ADHD, Bipolar, Mania, Chronic Depression, Anxiety and various other things, due to some more or less, traumatic experiences of abuse via my step father and a teacher at the school i went to at the time. So i was often very reclusive, not seeking friendships and such. Sooner or later i fell into a depression and didn't want to do anything. But, Whenever i watched anime, all those feelings of inferiority would simply drift away. So in a way, Anime was the thing that kept me going through the day, it always managed to cheer me up, and provide some genuine laughs. It also taught me ways to deal with other people and make myself more sociable. More or less, anime is the thing that kept me sane, and even now, when im at a perfectly happy place in my life, i still keep it as my biggest hobby.


Will you still watch anime if there is no relationship build between characters that will help you recover from your depression?


xxJing wrote:

Anime is treated as a fairly serious medium for conveying a myriad of stories. American animation in contrast is usually limited to comedy. That is why people enjoy anime. You are more likely to find parallels to anime in American live-action movies and dramas than you are in cartoons.

There is one thing that I do respect about American Dramas more than Anime in general though. While there are plenty of animes that do circumvent this, Nagi no Asukara for example, it has become a trend in anime to revolve the entire story around the main character. American Dramas usually just focus the story around the main character's life and people in it, but they don't usually revolve the entire universe around the main character.

Like I said this main-character centric narrative has a lot of exceptions, especially when it comes to older animes. My problem is that it has been becoming a more prevalent theme in recent years.


Will you still watch anime if the show doesn't focuses on the main character?



BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

Because I appreciate the artwork, the music, the voice acting (well in the dubs, anyway), the stories, and how everything comes together to make an entertaining experience and escape from reality. It approaches topics and subject matter and topics western animation wouldn't dare venture into (though whether that's always good is debatable) and I appreciate it for that. Anime can contain a lot of interesting ideas which I like to be exposed to in the most simplistic terms: for entertainment. I initially got into it because I liked the energy attacks and stuff from shonen, but as I've seen more and more anime, eventually hundreds, as I've removed any limitations and will openly watch most any genre I find myself appreciating far more aspects a lot more. I also appreciate it for getting me into romance, a genre I never thought I could possibly be entertained by. That's not to say there aren't plenty of problems with anime; but when I'm sat there, entertained by a show, I could criticise all I want, but the fact that I'm entertained is more than enough.


So you are saying you literally watch any anime as long as it get your attention?


xxJing wrote:

waifus, lolis, oppai, imoutos.


Will you still watch anime with out waifus, lolis, oppai, imoutos?



So you will watch anime as long as it exist?


tarakelly wrote:

Easy I am really do not like regular TV show. Most of what on stink.


Will you still watch anime if regular TV shows stop stinking?


rcybs wrote:

I like anime for a few reasons:

1. The voice acting is really nice.
2. The plots are all different and have different elements to it so that it would be different from each other.
3. Character and character development is what I like most. I like to see characters evolve in personality.
4. The artwork is great. I like different art styles, it gives a new breath of air.
5. I like the culture elements they incorporated in.

One main thing that I really like about anime is the break from reality. I like to enjoy something that speaks the mind or something of a fantasy life. ^_^


Will you still watch anime if the voice acting not nice any more, the plots aren't all different, you couldn't see characters evolve in personality, no different art style and no culture element?
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 6/6/14

LilacTwins_Paradise57 wrote:

I enjoy watching anime with the same reason as I enjoy reading books and watching movies. They all give life to stories that'll never be true to me. And they're such wonders! Anime had a bonus tho. I rather like how Japanese people talk and sound. ^^


So as long as you like Japanese people talk and sound you will watch anime?


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

I'd say that it's an odd mix between loneliness, boredom, passion, excitement, the stirring of One's emotions, possibly even a bit of a sense of entitlement...Well, not entitlement per se, but the fact that sometimes as an Animanga Fan, especially when You live in a small, or isolated Area, at times You may tend to get the feeling that You are part of a Culture that is still rather New, and dare I say, "foreign"
and unexplored Terrain for many. Also, sometimes, it's just a simple fact that the World, at least from the Viewpoint of this User just isn't all that exciting at times and Anime and Manga provide that escape, and sense of enjoyment and excitement for Me.

It's that simple. And I LOVE each and every bit, minute and second I'm a part of this Culture. <3


So you will watch anime as long as you're in those condition?


CeruleanThorn wrote:

It lets me have several different lives without actually having to go out and try to get one myself.

Jk, but on a more serious note, I watch it because irl I feel like I'm surrounded by so much pessimism, and I think the whole "Never give up" theme that runs in a lot of anime I watch really gives me much needed hope. Also, anime is an expression of the people who made it, and I'm always up for hearing about or seeing what other people think of the world or what goes on inside their head. And I have to say, what goes on inside some people's minds is pretty awesome.


So you will watch anime as long as it's expression of the people who made it and will you still watch anime if it doesn't have a "Never give up" theme?


rcybs wrote:

The reason I watch anime is I guess because I find American cartoons to be rather harsh for me. I like them, but it changed a lot and now i find them to be not funny much anymore. :/

The main reasons I watch anime is because I feel more connected to the characters in anime. I also loved the character development and that the fact that most of the main characters don't give up makes me realize that I should never give up. Plus I love that the animators are giving their animation details and new elements to different genres and such. Also animes tend to be more open-minded on some topics and I rarely see American cartoons do that without having a weird representation I guess....not sure what I am trying to say really.

I guess it's because I enjoy something that gives me a bit of joy.


Will you still watch anime if American cartoon stop being harsh? And will you still watch anime if you no longer feel connected with the characters, if the characters start give up easily and if anime stop being open-minded?


FkYouBish wrote:

Because reality sucks

“リアルなんてクソゲーだ!”


If a reality improve like if it doesn't suck any more will you still watch anime?


hinhata wrote:

To get away from the world because this world sucks dick


If this world doesn't suck dick any more will you still watch anime?
25102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Far Far Away
Offline
Posted 6/6/14 , edited 6/6/14


Well, pretty much, yeah.

20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 6/6/14



lol obviously, since im still watching it. As i said it helped me get over depression quite a long time ago lol.
233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 6/6/14
Life sux.
22463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 6/6/14

Thfelese wrote:


FkYouBish wrote:

Because reality sucks

“リアルなんてクソゲーだ!”


If a reality improve like if it doesn't suck any more will you still watch anime?


Hell yeah.

One of the few realities I do like, is anime cons.

But I'm not interested in reality as much as I used to (And trust me, I've been pretty successful before)
I'm only interested in 2D girls now. Unless it's someone as otaku as I am, then as long as she's not super ugly, I'm good with that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.