First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
What is your opinion on Madoka Magica?
35948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United Federation...
Offline
Posted 8/22/14
Masterpiece.
521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/22/14 , edited 8/22/14
It was good but I have to admit I was a little disappointed. I heard everywhere that this show is a master piece, sad, heartbreaking, dark. I am a very sensitive person and I cry very often when I watch something sad. So I kinda expected to cry A LOT. I didn't cry at all. It was sad, but not enough to make me cry (and with me, you really don't need a lot.) Every single death in this anime meant nothing to me. Usually, I empathize very well with the characters and identify myself to them but for this show I just wasn't able to connect with the characters at all, resulting in me not caring about them dying at all. I wasn't fond of the art style or the animation either (And I have to add that I find it ultra weird to see all kinds of goods, posters, etc with the girls smiling and acting cute, making you believe it's just a happy happy magical girl anime show when it's definitely not...)

The story however was excellent, I have nothing to say about it. I'm still happy that I have watched this show. It's just that... with all the hype, I was a bit disappointed but it's mostly because of the characters.
8427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/14
mahou shoujo didn't need to be deconstructed-nobody took it seriously to begin with.

the show's fixation on Cute Girl Scenario>sad tragedy was painfully predictable, sayaka's fall was horribly forced and felt impossible to pitty.

seriously, I cannot sympathize with a character's tragedy when the only reason it exists is because they're naive and stupid.
9791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 8/22/14
It's currently my highest rated anime.

I guess I can understand how it might not "click" with some viewers, but I personally found rather sad and to a point, depressing. It's one of those anime that lingers in your mind for a long time.
5769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 8/22/14
I really liked the anime. The third movie on the other hand...
1048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / New South Wales
Offline
Posted 8/22/14 , edited 8/22/14

azelff wrote:

I really liked the anime. The third movie on the other hand...


Was the best thing to happen to Madoka Magica
5769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 8/22/14

thievingsquirrel wrote:


azelff wrote:

I really liked the anime. The third movie on the other hand...


Was the best thing to happen to Madoka Magica


If you say so!
1048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / New South Wales
Offline
Posted 8/22/14 , edited 8/22/14

azelff wrote:


thievingsquirrel wrote:


azelff wrote:

I really liked the anime. The third movie on the other hand...


Was the best thing to happen to Madoka Magica


If you say so!


Don't you dare say that to me
5769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 8/22/14

thievingsquirrel wrote:


azelff wrote:


thievingsquirrel wrote:


azelff wrote:

I really liked the anime. The third movie on the other hand...


Was the best thing to happen to Madoka Magica


If you say so!


Don't you dare say that to me


If you... say so?
1048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / New South Wales
Offline
Posted 8/22/14 , edited 8/22/14


STOP IT
33783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AR
Offline
Posted 8/22/14
Mami got ahead of herself.
1773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 8/22/14
Nothing special 7/10
5769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 8/22/14

thievingsquirrel wrote:



STOP IT


1048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / New South Wales
Offline
Posted 8/22/14 , edited 8/22/14

azelff wrote:


thievingsquirrel wrote:



STOP IT




WHY WON'T YOU STOP?
5769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 8/22/14 , edited 8/22/14

thievingsquirrel wrote:


azelff wrote:


thievingsquirrel wrote:



STOP IT




WHY WON'T YOU STOP?


Because you replied to my post and now you're being hostile towards me. It's either that or you're just "trolling". But whatever. Ciao! c:
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.