First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Should Crunchyroll add a Anime List for its users?
11192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14
I'm constantly reorganizing my queue whenever I add something new. Animes I've watched go to the bottom, ones I'm currently watching stay on top, animes I plan to watch in the middle. I wish they would add even one more queue so I could move all the animes I've watched over. It would make things neater and organized.
37300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
I don't see the need when other sites already do a good job of it. I'd rather CR focus on streaming and apps and licensing and all that, their actual reason for being.
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / My couch, usually
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
I believe that was the purpose of CR recently partnering with Anime-Planet:

/anime-news/2014/02/27-1/anime-planet-partners-with-crunchyroll-to-provide-in-depth-video-integration

As for queue functionality, I agree, there could be some beneficial extensions by having multiple queue tabs instead of just one, and already posted a suggestion here if anyone wants to read it and comment:

/forumtopic-836061/collected-queue-suggestions-wishes-and-thoughts#45551525
9347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 17
Offline
Posted 6/7/14

slfcmore wrote:

I don't see the need when other sites already do a good job of it. I'd rather CR focus on streaming and apps and licensing and all that, their actual reason for being.


Every way I see it only brings benefits
9347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 17
Offline
Posted 6/7/14

asharka wrote:

I believe that was the purpose of CR recently partnering with Anime-Planet:

/anime-news/2014/02/27-1/anime-planet-partners-with-crunchyroll-to-provide-in-depth-video-integration

As for queue functionality, I agree, there could be some beneficial extensions by having multiple queue tabs instead of just one, and already posted a suggestion here if anyone wants to read it and comment:

/forumtopic-836061/collected-queue-suggestions-wishes-and-thoughts#45551525


You're right I remember I read about that, Although I think it would be ideal if it were inside Crunchyroll's site perhaps they could share database information or start hosting the list inside the site.

Now that I remember I used to have list at anime planet but I found it kinda disorganized so I decided to delete my account and went to myanimelist
21080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

Stonewolfe wrote:

Hmm... unless they somehow let me transfer my MAL stuff over, I wouldn't take the time to make a whole new list on CR if they implemented one (that is like 700 titles ) so IF they brought one out, I would need that feature, otherwise I would ignore it.


Do you remember the 700 anime you have watched? Few days ago someone ask if they should keep watching Chihayafuru because they where frustrated about how Chihaya lose her game almost all the time. I remember the story, but i had to go to wiki for the match they have played. And its not long time it's just a year a go i finished watching it.
41193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Offline
Posted 6/8/14 , edited 6/8/14

Thfelese wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:

Hmm... unless they somehow let me transfer my MAL stuff over, I wouldn't take the time to make a whole new list on CR if they implemented one (that is like 700 titles ) so IF they brought one out, I would need that feature, otherwise I would ignore it.


Do you remember the 700 anime you have watched? Few days ago someone ask if they should keep watching Chihayafuru because they where frustrated about how Chihaya lose her game almost all the time. I remember the story, but i had to go to wiki for the match they have played. And its not long time it's just a year a go i finished watching it.


Off the top of my head? No. But I also have shitty memory and can't remember what I had for dinner last night.

BUT that is why I have my MAL list, to remind me what I have and haven't watched.
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / My couch, usually
Offline
Posted 6/8/14

kawaiioniichan wrote: I think it would be ideal if it were inside Crunchyroll's site perhaps they could share database information or start hosting the list inside the site.
I can't find the thread I remember reading about this sometime within the past year or so, but I do remember someone from the CR staff posting a comment that they were getting away from focusing on material that is not in their actual catalog; that's one reason why they took down the visible links to the old watchlist and will eventually entirely delete it. Anyone still using it needs to save off their information, if they still want it, before that finally happens, or they will lose it.

CR still has some older /library information about shows not hosted here, and some people put a lot of work into maintaining that in the past (and apparently still are adding to that), but I wouldn't be surprised to see that eventually get purged, too. You wouldn't even know about it if you didn't see old references to it in old forum posts, or happen to find it in a search and start poking around. Even now, some of the old library links have been redirected to their current show and site areas, and some of the old functionality is gone, too, like adding yourself as a fan or favoriting something (thus my multiple queue suggestion earlier to retain some functionality for hosted shows at least).

My (straight outright pure speculative wild) guess on that is that CR is continuing to distance themselves from their past life to present a complete legit commercial image featuring only what they have licenced. If you go to a site like Funimation, TAN, Hulu, etc, you don't find "official" information about any other shows they don't have in their catalog, either.
12596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/8/14
I could've sworn they used to have an anime list a year or two ago...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.