First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Things that really need another season/remake
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
Kaze no Stigma, it ended so badly
18081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
Bleach, without filler.
17037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Stuck in Edolas
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14

FkYouBish wrote:

They seriously need to remake Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (Oreimo)
I was very disappointed with the ending. Kyou(shit)suke is such a scumbag.
They should at least make OVA's with Ayase ending and Kuroneko ending. AT LEAST... Maybe Manami ending too.



I am pretty sure the only reason Oreimo ended like that was because the director / studio wanted to do a full Kirino ending arc but they had to do it subtly because of how popular it was and with the Tokyo Youth Ordinance or "Bill 156" they could not do it in the anime adaption or manga serialization. I would love to see an Ayase ending though


What I'd like to see remade or another season of:
I would like to see another season of Baccano or atleast a 4 ova arc.
GJ-bu a second seaon where Kyoro becomes a third year and the little sisters start in the club, *note:i have not seen the ova / Gj-bu@
A remake of Pupa where its not compressed garbage like that thing that aired this past winter
A NouKome 2nd season would be nice
To-Love Ru Darkness 2nd season, the manga seems to be selling alright and it is still possible
Tokyo Ravens 2nd season, no idea how the novels are selling but they are a pain to read when your kanji vocabulary is only around N4-N3
14081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14
Well I mean there are tons of shows out there that are unfinished. Full Metal Panic, The Melancholy of Haruhi, Aesthetica Of a Rogue Hero, Deadmans Wonderland, are just a few that come to mind right away. Also despite the fact I personally liked Oriemo's ending having Ovas for each character like Clannad is a great Idea.
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14



And these are currently airing, but I want more of:

Date A Live

No Game No Life

Even though the Oreimo ending did leave me with a sour taste in my mouth, it followed the source material loyally and wrapped things up didn't it? I agree 100% on Angel Beats though! That is one of my favorite anime and I think it deserves an expanded universe (OVAs, like you said). The creator did essentially wrap things up with that last scene but it would be nice to have a little more closure. I'm still semi-satisfied with it though. As for The World God Only Knows, I LOVED the 1st and 2nd season. The third season was exciting and had great moments, but for some reason after I finished watching it I just wasn't satisfied at all. Something about it just didn't feel 'right'. Hard to explain but it kind of ruined the series for me. I would watch another season but I'm not as hyped anymore. Also, the fact they skipped over so many conquests kinda sucks.

The anime series I believe that needs to be remade the most is Spice and Wolf! After seeing that horrid kissing scene at the end, I believe another animation studio could do much better with it. I don' the studio did that great of a job on it.
629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Pooh Corner
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
Galilei Donna
63862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
I can list many shows that need another season or remake, but I will lost only those that need them the most.

Another Season
Accel World - Definitely on the top of my wish list for a sequel. Things were going so great in the first half, but things came to a screeching halt dragging its feet in the second half, and it just feels incomplete for several reasons.
Fruits Basket - A sequel is long overdue considering that the manga has ended and the best parts of it come after the anime.
Spice and Wolf - The show has been a great ride, but the journey is far from complete.
Noragami - Great show that's full of great developments. One character's back story wasn't explained, so I want a sequel to this.
D-Frag! - Very fun show could use even more craziness.
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - The universe in this show is huge, and I would love to see more of it and the high.
Ambition of Oda Nobuna - Pretty solid development was going on, but 12 episodes is just too short for something like this.
Chihayafuru - I would like to see anime adaptions all the way through the end of Chihaya's high school years.
Magi - There's a lot going on, and a third season would be welcomed.
Unbreakable Machine-Doll - 12 episodes is barely making a dent in a 13+ novel series.
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle - The second season was a snoozefest that largely strayed from the manga. I want a third season that remains faithful like the OVAs are.

Remakes
Soul Eater - The anime was very good, but I would like to see how things go in the manga as well.
Rave Master - The anime skipped a lot of stuff and is far from complete. With Fairy Tail having achieved a high profile that I would love to see this show remade, and one where the dub does not get the 4Kids treatment.
Galilei Donna - I love the visuals thanks in large part to Shingo Adachi and the characters of this show, but the writing by Yasuomi Umetsu is just atrocious. I would like a completely new story with a more credible writer in charge. The show had tons of potential, but the incompetent writing was just criminal.
Milky Holmes - The TV series was just stupid and it had one of the most despicable characters ever ruining the show. I want something that's more in-line with the game.
Guilty Crown - Would have been much better with a few more episodes, but critical parts were rushed and badly written.
Sogno- 
45650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
Claymore... it so deserves another chance.
The Wise Wizard
99891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/7/14

Bakaneer wrote:

Accel World - Definitely on the top of my wish list for a sequel. Things were going so great in the first half, but things came to a screeching halt dragging its feet in the second half, and it just feels incomplete for several reasons.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - The universe in this show is huge, and I would love to see more of it and the high.

Unlike many series mentioned in this topic, these two justify continuations from an economic viewpoint.

Accel World had home video sales in Japan ranging from just over 9K (first volume) to just over 6K (final volume).

The second Horizon series was close to 20K per volume, and certainly has no shortage of original material. This one falls into the "Why the heck haven't they?" category. We are coming up on two years since the second series premiered, and no continuation has been announced as green-lit.

223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
Hm I can only think of three anime that I would like a remake of.

Trinity Blood The anime was okay and I did like the fact that they use some of the novel stories; however, it ended with a sorta cliffhanger kinda feeling leaving me waiting more. ^~^ I would like it to at least follow the manga version to an extent with some filler episodes from the novel though I'm not sure if they will do it considering the author died early into the manga so I dunno, really.

Pandora Heart I would love to see a remake of this series. It was good, but the ending left me wanting more. I want the remake to at least follow the main storyline with maybe a few fillers here and there. Since the manga is almost ending, it would make a good series to remake.

07 Ghost Another favorite of mine that I would love a remake for. The anime did follow the manga quite well, but now that the manga is finished; I would love for them to remake the series or at least go from where the anime stopped at.
291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / San Pierro
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14
In my opinion, a lot of things need more seasons, but I'm guessing by the OP's post, they mean shows that currently do not have another planned season or remake, if so:

Rosario Vampire (Reboot): A anime adaptation that follows the manga very closely would be one of the greatest harems ever, even if harems aren't my thing.

Spice and Wolf (Season 3): I don't really need to say why, other than the fact that this anime was so good it made me enjoy one of the most boring things in life, macro-economics.

The Devil is a Part-Timer (Season 2): A beautiful comedy with witty dialogue.

Full Metal Panic: Now for this one, I don't care if it's a reboot, a season 4, or a remake, just please god give me more FMP! That is all I ask! There is still more light novels to cover. The glory of FMP cannot end like this! Sousuke and Chidori haven't even kissed yet!
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/14

FkYouBish wrote:

They seriously need to remake Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (Oreimo)
I was very disappointed with the ending. Kyou(shit)suke is such a scumbag.
They should at least make OVA's with Ayase ending and Kuroneko ending. AT LEAST... Maybe Manami ending too.


A lot of people say Angel Beats needs a remake. But I disagree. Instead, they should make an afterstory. Because if they do the whole season 2 thing all over again, with Otonashi and new ppl coming, then it wouldn't be "Angel Beats" anymore because (spoiler):

They extended the release date for Angel Beats visual novel -_-. I'll get it eventually...


Although I understand why, I didn't like how the anime was done for The World God Only Knows. It's still my all time favorite though. Season 1 & 2, very good. And season 3,... the Goddesses arc was FRIGGING AMAZING! But, a huge time skip and compress that into 1 cour? Well, this is understandable because, even with all the attention it got, TWGOK's blu-ray sales were just horrible. It was lucky it even had seasons 2 & 3. While most of the animes rely heavily on blu-ray sales, TWGOK had Kanon (CV: Touyama Nao) with the albums and stuff. Those were the major contributions to the seasons 2 and 3.
Even if it can somehow manage to have another season. What's already done can't be undone. I know they were desperate so they animated the best rated arc as season 3, but only if they had the money... it would have had more episodes.
If they did, season 3 should have been the conquest of Tenri, Yui, and Tsukiyo. And for OVA's put Kurakawa Akari (Rimuel)'s conquest or something like that, since they show up in rest of the series. And then had 4th season as goddesses arc, with 24 episodes. Time skip is more easily forgivable for the ones who don't show up again.
Hope they even have 4th season with the past arc.


Second season of Omamori Himari. It probably won't happen, since it's been a while and the sales weren't good. I buy the manga. And the anime was rushed. 7 volumes of books into 1 cour of anime. Usually, it's 2, 3 or 4.


These may be possible in a near future:

Hataroku Maou-sama (The Devil is a Part-Timer)

Nourin (No-rin)



And these are currently airing, but I want more of:

Date A Live

No Game No Life

Agree with everything you just said
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14
Hmmm i'm not one usually for remakes... I think if you had something flop don't try to redo it, just use your resources to make something new with a different story and everything.

This isn't ALWAYS the case, if its more of an age remake, rather than a "I hated the how the story ended, make it different" remake, i'd be up for it. Like if you are remaking something from the past, keeping the same exact story, but giving it brand new visuals, I am all for that.

Now more seasons I am usually always game for. Unless previous season(s) wrapped up nicely.


Rito2Ru wrote:

Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Campione
Kamisama Dolls

These three all need a second season.


All of these get my +1 to. Especially god damned Oda Nobuna....


uhohimdead wrote:

Kaze no Stigma, it ended so badly


I also +1 this... though I know the circumstances behind this that will never get us any continuation or remake.
10140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / LA
Offline
Posted 6/7/14
Full Metal Panic
243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/14 , edited 6/7/14
My list is quite small:

Remakes

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - The OVA can be found on youtube, and it's a great OVA. But, it starts part way into the story and the story itself is just an amazing peaceful post-apocalyptic story. It's considered one of the greats of the slice of life genre. If Aqua/Aria can be transformed into a beautiful anime adaptation, they why not YKK?? (Preferably with the same art style and OST of course.)

Berserk - While there are the movies (which I have yet to watch) and the original TV show, I'd like to see a complete adaptation.

GTO - Great Teacher Onizuka is a series in dire need of some serious lovin. The anime was pretty good but the manga is just friggen hilarious but it also has some really good moments that should have made their way into the anime.

School Rumble - I love the anime and the manga but there were so many good storylines the series misses... and then there is School Rumble Z.

Emma: A Victorian Romance - Loved the anime and I also really loved the manga but I felt the manga's ending was so much better and fit overall with the "crazy" ending to season 2.

Kids on the Slope - The anime was pretty good but it missed a helluva lot of good stuff in-between the last 2-3 episodes. While the anime was good, it could have been great if it adapted the entire manga.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.