First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Should CR add a Chatroom?
4521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15
Should Crunchyroll add a chatroom like Chatango or something on the side of your screen while watching anime like other anime sites do? Give your reasons why or why not. I would like to have a real-time chat with someone(besides being in the forums to do so). I also did not find a topic like this when I searched "Chatrooms"
14990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15
it wouldve been cool if they added a chat option where you can talk to others watching the same episode as you do. It would have to be new released episodes though, and you'd have to be in the same part of the episode to avoid spoilers x)
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15
yep itd be sweet
10826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15
it would Spark some interesting conversations so yes it would be great
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/29/15
As much as I would love a chat room, I don't want to jeopardize slower anime streaming. I have really bad internet as it is and it's hard to watch anime without it stopping and starting every 10 seconds or making it almost impossible to easily rewind something. I watch anime on SD and sometimes 480 pixels if it runs smoothly enough. With that said, if having a real time chat room interrupts streaming speed and quality, I'd rather do without it.
4521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15

CoffeeGodEddy wrote:

As much as I would love a chat room, I don't want to jeopardize slower anime streaming. I have really bad internet as it is and it's hard to watch anime without it stopping and starting every 10 seconds or making it almost impossible to easily rewind something. I watch anime on SD and sometimes 480 pixels if it runs smoothly enough. With that said, if having a real time chat room interrupts streaming speed and quality, I'd rather do without it.


What if they added an option to either pause the chat or just not to log in to the chat room so other messages won't appear? Of course you can log in and chat when you want to.
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/14

TheDarkStatic wrote:


CoffeeGodEddy wrote:

As much as I would love a chat room, I don't want to jeopardize slower anime streaming. I have really bad internet as it is and it's hard to watch anime without it stopping and starting every 10 seconds or making it almost impossible to easily rewind something. I watch anime on SD and sometimes 480 pixels if it runs smoothly enough. With that said, if having a real time chat room interrupts streaming speed and quality, I'd rather do without it.


What if they added an option to either pause the chat or just not to log in to the chat room so other messages won't appear? Of course you can log in and chat when you want to.


Ok, I'm no tech wiz and I do see where you're coming from but... if Crunchyroll has to host another application besides video streaming, wouldn't that make everything slower? I'm not sure how the servers work and what not but I'm pretty sure adding more applications will make it slower lol. That's just my thought. Maybe there is another way? Who knows lol.
4521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15

CoffeeGodEddy wrote:


TheDarkStatic wrote:


CoffeeGodEddy wrote:

As much as I would love a chat room, I don't want to jeopardize slower anime streaming. I have really bad internet as it is and it's hard to watch anime without it stopping and starting every 10 seconds or making it almost impossible to easily rewind something. I watch anime on SD and sometimes 480 pixels if it runs smoothly enough. With that said, if having a real time chat room interrupts streaming speed and quality, I'd rather do without it.


What if they added an option to either pause the chat or just not to log in to the chat room so other messages won't appear? Of course you can log in and chat when you want to.


Ok, I'm no tech wiz and I do see where you're coming from but... if Crunchyroll has to host another application besides video streaming, wouldn't that make everything slower? I'm not sure how the servers work and what not but I'm pretty sure adding more applications will make it slower lol. That's just my thought. Maybe there is another way? Who knows lol.


You do got a point there... I'm no Wiz Tech either but maybe there is a way? Hopefully they can either buff up their servers or something to balance it out. Though I doubt they are going to add a chatroom unless enough people vote for it.
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15

Yeah, good streaming in addition to a chat room would be wonderful. One can hope.
14748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / ON, Canada
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15
A simple text chat such as IRC or anything of the sort is really easy to pull off, and wouldn't be taking away much if anything from their servers. I'd say they should go for it! It would be lots of fun and would probably make the CR community grow much larger.
166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15
yES. they had 1 before and it had work just fine, so why not again?? nobody even knew y they had take it out in the first place! idk about having it beside ur vid tho but i have seen other anime sites that do have that sort of chat thing under a vid so maybe it will work
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15
no
2031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Europe
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15
yes! it would be one of the best and most "normal" chatrooms because of the nice people we have here on crunchyroll, not like on some other pages
394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In You're Closet
Offline
Posted 6/9/14
It would be nice but would like to see Japanese subs first.
31327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 5/17/15
Yeah during the A-Kon live stream we were actually talking about how chatrooms would be nice. But only if id doesn't effect anime streaming.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.