Who can be defined as a wingman?
33372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Connecticut
Online
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 6/9/14
Something I'm wondering about...Anyway, to begin my monologue; so I felt like claiming a "waifu" on this silly thread cuz I was bored.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-852363/claim-your-waifu?pg=3

Given the term waifu is so vague and honestly just meaningless given there is really just no meaningful consensus on the actual definition and I didn't feel like taking a husbando, I applied it liberally to mean someone I would hang out with, and I chose Kyonko (genderbent Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) because she is so down to earth yet capable of handling almost any amount of bullshit, and I furthermore felt she could totally keep me from running off with some insane wacko guy when going out for the night with friends due to how caring Kyon is for his friends in the non-genderbent version of Haruhi Suzumiya (despite his rampant pessimism). The fact that he manages this somewhat inadvertently in the canon is even better because that means I wouldn't have to be convinced, it would just happen lol.

But yeah, I decided to define that as a wingman (or wingwoman I guess, albeit I kinda feel wingman is gender neutral for whatever reason...it just kinda sounds that way to me xD) role given she would support me and keep me from making a bad choice, as a wingman in the military is someone who simply supports your dogfighting or bombing.

However, according to urbandictionary the traditional definition of a wingman is apparently a man or sometimes a woman that helps someone else pick up women by talking up a "target" woman's buddies so said person can get close to the target woman without distractions. This is literally the opposite of the role I would put Kyonko in that I defined as wingman, lol.

So what do you think the definition of a wingman (outside of the piloting definition) is, and do you think my definition is valid? lol
18908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14 , edited 6/9/14
wingman / wingwoman both the same in my book
16054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/14
Wingman...........The sole definition is a person without standards that would go extreme lengths to see that their partner (male/female) has the opportunity to get "some" regardless if they do or not. Either way the wingman will never leave alone They always get the score!!!!!
18908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14

snooka08 wrote:

Wingman...........The sole definition is a person without standards that would go extreme lengths to see that their partner (male/female) has the opportunity to get "some" regardless if they do or not. Either way the wingman will never leave alone They always get the score!!!!!


are you a wingman? lol
2564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Salt Lake City, Utah
Offline
Posted 6/9/14
Yeah, your definition is valid and still sort a applies to the current definition. The difference is your interpretation was different from the original definition from urban dictionary.
18908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14

TheChowster wrote:

Yeah, your definition is valid and still sort a applies to the current definition. The difference is your interpretation was different from the original definition from urban dictionary.


I see the God of Knowledge is not slacking off whatsoever lol
16761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14
Im in Air Force ROTC, so it has a different definition in my case.
2564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Salt Lake City, Utah
Offline
Posted 6/9/14

imbrreezzy wrote:


TheChowster wrote:

Yeah, your definition is valid and still sort a applies to the current definition. The difference is your interpretation was different from the original definition from urban dictionary.


I see the God of Knowledge is not slacking off whatsoever lol


Nope, still going at it, you seem to be doing well in conquesting the forums though. Nice, keep it up.
18908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14

TheChowster wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


TheChowster wrote:

Yeah, your definition is valid and still sort a applies to the current definition. The difference is your interpretation was different from the original definition from urban dictionary.


I see the God of Knowledge is not slacking off whatsoever lol


Nope, still going at it, you seem to be doing well in conquesting the forums though. Nice, keep it up.


All for the CR points my friend
Posted 6/9/14
Wingman, first thing that came to my head was

This guy



Shogo from One week friends
16054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/9/14

maelstrom1911 wrote:

Im in Air Force ROTC, so it has a different definition in my case.


LOL I was in the Air Force and it always had something to do with getting tail And yes I was a Wingman damn proud of it. Like I said never left alone. Never judge people and you will find that approaching even the most high standards, won't phase you either
18908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14

pandrasb wrote:

Wingman, first thing that came to my head was

This guy



Shogo from One week friends


Best wingman ever huh lol
9641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 6/9/14



For me the definition of best wingman is your best opposite gender friend, who will do certain things to help you, causing the target to have a specific range of reactions.

Example:

Target: Someone's Yummy Ice cream.

She'll go distract that Someone, while I kidnap the Ice cream and eat it. Nom NOM NOM.
63003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/14
I am more of a leg man.
You must be logged in to post.