Post Reply HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE
15075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/12/14 , edited 6/12/14
This is driving me insane. The app is complete garbage tonight. Started off by only showing a black screen when playing an anime.

After that it would only play a minute of the video. If I fast forwarded it would just freeze.

This app is horrible. It cant even remember where we left off like the other versions do, so when it freezes and we have to restart it, it starts at the beginning!

Id be better off just cancelling my sub and dealing with the 10 second ad on my tablet.
Posted 6/13/14
so are you just venting your frustration, or are you asking for assistance in trying to rectify your issues?
58668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 6/13/14

Xiodrade wrote:

This app is horrible. It cant even remember where we left off like the other versions do, so when it freezes and we have to restart it, it starts at the beginning!


Have you upgraded to the latest version of the app? It should have this functionality.
15075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/13/14

Csgod0 wrote:

so are you just venting your frustration, or are you asking for assistance in trying to rectify your issues?


Venting.



eyeofpain wrote:


Xiodrade wrote:

This app is horrible. It cant even remember where we left off like the other versions do, so when it freezes and we have to restart it, it starts at the beginning!


Have you upgraded to the latest version of the app? It should have this functionality.


I'm using the PS4, so it automatically updates the app. It does not have this functionality. Crunchyroll on PS4 hasn't had a downloaded update since I originally installed it on the system in Feb.

In fact, I just uninstalled and reinstalled it just to see if something had messed up, and it still does not have that functionality.
27309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 6/13/14 , edited 6/13/14

Xiodrade wrote:

I'm using the PS4, so it automatically updates the app. It does not have this functionality. Crunchyroll on PS4 hasn't had a downloaded update since I originally installed it on the system in Feb.


Wow, I didn't realize that the PS4 was not included in the recent update. My understanding is that the PS4 app was always just a port of the PS3 app, which was indeed pretty terribly buggy until the recent update. I wonder if they are working on a new PS4 app from the ground up...?

Bjaker or other crunchyroll staff, can you comment on this?


P.S. Others on both PS3 and PS4 seem to have been posting similar problems with the app in the last 15 hours or so. Perhaps when whatever caused that is fixed, your PS4 app will work more tolerably.
62016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/14

This seems like a directly related thread, so I'll say this here:

1) I've *very* grateful for the recent improvements in the PS3 app! Huzzah!

2) Since the PS3 app recently gained the ability in question (to pick up an episode where you left it off), I'd like to ask if there's a way to turn it off? Or reset the counters on a particular series?

You see, I sometimes rewatch series I've already seen, and now, when I start at episode 1 on PS3, it automatically jumps to 22-23 minutes in, where the credits start (because that's where I left it to go to the next episode). So I have to rewind it. And there doesn't seem to be a "start from the beginning" button anywhere (on PS3). That's annoying. Then I finish episode 1, and episode 2 starts... 23 minutes in, and I have to rewind it too. Very annoying.

So, is there a solution to this?
27309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 6/16/14

thornburg wrote:
So, is there a solution to this?


I have not tried it, but I think others have suggested clearing your history. Unfortunately, this will delete your entire viewing history, which is kind of sad and undesirable for me. I think the only other way around it for now is to watch on a different platform. You *might* be able to restart an episode on your PC and then load it up on PS3, but I think someone on the forums said that didn't work...?

Bjaker, could you consider updating the "What's going on with Playstation?!" sticky post? I think it might help some of us trying to figure out this new "feature" and if the PS4 truly has not been updated, to alert users to that as well.
58668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 6/16/14

filiadragongurl wrote:

I think the only other way around it for now is to watch on a different platform. You *might* be able to restart an episode on your PC and then load it up on PS3, but I think someone on the forums said that didn't work...?


For this to work, you have to let it play for something like 10 seconds before the timer to update in the queue.
You must be logged in to post.