First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Muslim Doctrine and Waging Jihad
2723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Europe
Offline
Posted 7/27/14 , edited 7/27/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


Fozzles wrote:

Jihad = the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.

Just putting it out there.
Thank you! ( ^∇^)ノ

I think there is a lot of prejudice against Muslims. Especially in America, there are a whole bunch of fox-watching red-necks spreading their Islamophobic shit. The misinterpretation of the word "jihad" is the perfect example. Then there are words like "Moderate Muslims" as if Muslim Extremist is the standard. The word Jihad is not equivalent to Muslim extremism. A video that everyone should watch:

What Does Jihad Actually Mean?


It took me 10 seconds on wikipedia:

Wikipedia.org
The word jihad appears in 23 Quranic verses.[1] Within the context of the classical Islam, particularly the Shiahs beliefs, it refers to struggle against those who do not believe in the Abrahamic God (Allah).[2] However, the word has even wider implications and interpretations.
[...]
The "lesser jihad" is the physical struggle against the enemies of Islam.[3] This physical struggle can take a violent form or a non-violent form. The proponents of the violent form translate jihad as "holy war",[11][12] although some Islamic studies scholars disagree.[13] The Dictionary of Islam[3] and British-American orientalist Bernard Lewis both argue jihad has a military meaning in the large majority of cases.[14] Some scholars maintain non-violent ways to struggle against the enemies of Islam. An example of this is written debate, often characterized as "jihad of the pen".[15]

I still wonder how can a religion like that still survive in 2014, it doesn't sound different from the crusade in the medieval times. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't care about catholicism/christianity, whenever churches exist or don't exist, it makes no difference in my life, also I know a muslim co-worker and he's an amazing guy, but that's because he lived most of his life in a civil country like mine (even though this country has so many flaws that I don't even know where to start listing them), where you don't get killed or threatened if you don't believe in some religion or creed, his family had to leave his country because his dad was shot (dead), though I dont know the circumstances, just pointing that out.
17653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

Fozzles wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:


Fozzles wrote:

Jihad = the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.

Just putting it out there.


I learned in school that there are two kinds of jihad. The first is what you say and the second is the war against non-believer.


I have heard of this but technically its wrong. There are a few ways to define jihad these days but ''war against non-believers'' isn't one of them. I'm sure it looks ironic if that was the definition of the word - since it comes from a faith which literally means ''peace''.
Yes, there are Islamic extremists out there screaming out the word jihad but what they're doing are not only crimes but sins also. They haven't been educated properly. In the end its how they were taught and who by, you can't blame the religion based on what these people have done. Its a shame really.


I just said what I learned in school. I don't care about religion, to be honest.
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/27/14 , edited 7/27/14

randommangaguy wrote:


I still wonder how can a religion like that still survive in 2014, it doesn't sound different from the crusade in the medieval times. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't care about catholicism/christianity, whenever churches exist or don't exist, it makes no difference in my life, also I know a muslim co-worker and he's an amazing guy, but that's because he lived most of his life in a civil country like mine (even though this country has so many flaws that I don't even know where to start listing them), where you don't get killed or threatened if you don't believe in some religion or creed, his family had to leave his country because his dad was shot (dead), though I dont know the circumstances, just pointing that out.
The same way Christianity survived.
5022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Uk
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

Nalaniel wrote:


I just said what I learned in school. I don't care about religion, to be honest.


Just wanted to put it out there since there are so many ways to view such a topic
2723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Europe
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


randommangaguy wrote:


I still wonder how can a religion like that still survive in 2014, it doesn't sound different from the crusade in the medieval times. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't care about catholicism/christianity, whenever churches exist or don't exist, it makes no difference in my life, also I know a muslim co-worker and he's an amazing guy, but that's because he lived most of his life in a civil country like mine (even though this country has so many flaws that I don't even know where to start listing them), where you don't get killed or threatened if you don't believe in some religion or creed, his family had to leave his country because his dad was shot (dead), though I dont know the circumstances, just pointing that out.
The same way Christianity survived.


The crusades ended a while back if you didn't know, christianity in spite of being a rotten system, it doesn't teach to war/threat the "enemies".
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

randommangaguy wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

The same way Christianity survived.


The crusades ended a while back if you didn't know, christianity in spite of being a rotten system, it doesn't teach to war/threat the "enemies".
So Christianity survived because it was less rotten?
2723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Europe
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


randommangaguy wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

The same way Christianity survived.


The crusades ended a while back if you didn't know, christianity in spite of being a rotten system, it doesn't teach to war/threat the "enemies".
So Christianity survived because it was less rotten?


Christianity surivived because most of the people still need to believe in "something" and because it's a peaceful way of living while believing in your god.
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

randommangaguy wrote:

Christianity surivived because most of the people still need to believe in "something" and because it's a peaceful way of living while believing in your god.
I don't see hwo that's different form other religions. From what I've gather Christianity has a long history of war and inquisition. It didn't just stop at the crusades.
2723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Europe
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


randommangaguy wrote:

Christianity surivived because most of the people still need to believe in "something" and because it's a peaceful way of living while believing in your god.
I don't see hwo that's different form other religions. From what I've gather Christianity has a long history of war and inquisition. It didn't just stop at the crusades.


there's a reason why the vatican releases a new revision of the bible each few months, because it's a book over 2k years old and life changed drastically, they use the brain and try to keep control, peace and at the same time make a living on it, though it's still better than preaching hate and death, no sane person likes that (hate and death).
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

randommangaguy wrote:

there's a reason why the vatican releases a new revision of the bible each few months, because it's a book over 2k years old and life changed drastically, they use the brain and try to keep control, peace and at the same time make a living on it, though it's still better than preaching hate and death, no sane person likes that (hate and death).
can you explain that again while making the connection with muslim?
2723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Europe
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


randommangaguy wrote:

there's a reason why the vatican releases a new revision of the bible each few months, because it's a book over 2k years old and life changed drastically, they use the brain and try to keep control, peace and at the same time make a living on it, though it's still better than preaching hate and death, no sane person likes that (hate and death).
can you explain that again while making the connection with muslim?


No muslims, but jihadists, you guys tried to make it sound like a good and nice thing, meanwhile most of the people who call themselves jihadists are the very same people continuing the religion wars in middle east, and now even in europe (Norway, if you didn't hear they're aiming there).
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

randommangaguy wrote:

No muslims, but jihadists, you guys tried to make it sound like a good and nice thing, meanwhile most of the people who call themselves jihadists are the very same people continuing the religion wars in middle east, and now even in europe (Norway, if you didn't hear they're aiming there).
People within a religion can have a different take on the same thing. Some use it for violence and others who use it as a guide in life. There are muslims who do not use the jihadi movement for terrorism, that was the point of my post.
2723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Europe
Offline
Posted 7/27/14 , edited 7/27/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


randommangaguy wrote:

No muslims, but jihadists, you guys tried to make it sound like a good and nice thing, meanwhile most of the people who call themselves jihadists are the very same people continuing the religion wars in middle east, and now even in europe (Norway, if you didn't hear they're aiming there).
People within a religion can have a different take on the same thing. Some use it for violence and others who use it as a guide in life. There are muslims who do not use the jihadi movement for terrorism, that was the point of my post.


If you say so, then it's ok. Just one question: if I were in an Islamic state, would I still be allowed to say what I said here, without getting imprisoned or executed? find the answer and think about it, then let me hear it...

...though I think I know that answer already, sadly.
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/27/14

randommangaguy wrote:

If you say so, then it's ok. Just one question: if I were in an Islamic state, would I still be allowed to say what I said here, without getting imprisoned or executed? find the answer and think about it, then let me hear it...

...though I think I know that answer already, sadly.
you'll be blown up by a Muslim extremest of you meet one. you should watch the video I've linked if you haven't already. Fine the answer, think about it, and let yourself hear it.
17653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 7/28/14

Fozzles wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:


I just said what I learned in school. I don't care about religion, to be honest.


Just wanted to put it out there since there are so many ways to view such a topic


Oh, okay! ^^
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.