First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
My least favorite anime genius is___________________________
11523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 6/19/14 , edited 6/19/14


I'd be worth a lot more if I were able to kill far more and never be caught. I have no qualms about sacrificing my life for a greater good, but I'd prefer to make that greater good as good as it can possibly be. Why settle for less?
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/14

IndistinctCredence wrote:



What good would it do if I got caught? How much thought have you actually put into killing people? I'd only do it if I had a means as untraceable as a Death Note.


Weren't you just talking about sacrifice, though? You'd probably have a good week or two before they found you, if you're careful. One, two a night, that's 7-28 horrible people gone.

How much are you worth?

I'd be worth a lot more if I were able to kill far more and never be caught. I have no qualms about sacrificing my life for a greater good, but I'd prefer to make that greater good as good as it can possibly be. Why settle for less?


At the moment, you're settling for zero. Methods like the death note don't exist, so I guess you'll have to take less.
11523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 6/19/14 , edited 6/19/14

That may be the case, but then again, Light only wanted to make a utopia after he had a good enough means. I don't have any means to make a utopia at the current time, only a means to kill a few worthless pieces of trash before being touted as one myself, which doesn't sound very appealing to me. For now I'll happily sit in my house and watch anime. Light wasn't stupid, nor am I.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/14 , edited 6/19/14

That may be the case, but then again, Light only wanted to make a utopia after he had a good enough means. I don't have any means to make a utopia at the current time, only a means to kill a few worthless pieces of trash before being touted as one myself, which doesn't sound very appealing to me. For now I'll happily sit in my house and watch anime. Light wasn't stupid, nor am I.


If you say so

Bavalt 
22029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 6/19/14
Toss me in with the Light haters. I can't empathize with the guy. If he was supposed to be a sympathetic character, then the guys who wrote Death Note missed the mark completely - and considering how disarmingly endearing many of the characters in Bakuman are, I doubt that's the case. These guys know what they're doing; Light is a tragic hero figure that falls even farther than most. He tries to do the right thing at first, but his megalomania spirals out of control and he ends up being a villain. Death Note is an exercise in slowly warping the protagonist from relatable to deplorable. He's badass throughout, but he's definitely not a hero in the end.
11523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 6/19/14
I gauge people's worth based upon how much they are able to accomplish that they desire, their intellect, and their devotion to their Ideals. By that standard, few compare to Light, other than Lelouch.
64906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 6/19/14
Light Yagami, Death Note. No question that he's a messed-up egomaniac, thinking that with his Death Note that he could rid the world of injustice. But then he starts messing the authorities, and that's when it became clear that he is a despicable person. He's pretty much like Lelouch with one big difference: Lelouch had a very good reason to do what he did even if the approach wasn't exactly without controversy. Light had absolutely no reason to go through all that and to mess with the detectives, which is why Lelouch is loved while Light is loathed.
42443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/19/14

TheChowster wrote:

They're all about the same to me. Maybe I just haven't seen enough anime.


Don't know at least one.
10637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 6/19/14

aceplayer237 wrote:

Johann Liebert from Monster

How can you not hate someone like him? He tries to make his backstory sound all tragic and make himself out to be this misunderstood villain, but he's just a sociopathic killer/asshole in the end.


This. His intellect and ability to manipulate is fascinating, but he is so disturbingly evil, it's kind of hard to like him.
23236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 6/19/14
Shinji from Evangelion.

Posted 6/19/14

Jharrison81 wrote:

Shinji from Evangelion.



Because Shinji is an emo hitler.
23236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/14

IndistinctCredence wrote:


That may be the case, but then again, Light only wanted to make a utopia after he had a good enough means. I don't have any means to make a utopia at the current time, only a means to kill a few worthless pieces of trash before being touted as one myself, which doesn't sound very appealing to me. For now I'll happily sit in my house and watch anime. Light wasn't stupid, nor am I.


Actually, if you rotated your method of executing criminals the police might never capture you. Most people use the same gun, same area. If you really feel like the world will be a better place without these bad guys in it. There are ways to kill and not be caught.
65552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Baka Zone
Offline
Posted 6/20/14

Bakaneer wrote:

Light Yagami, Death Note. No question that he's a messed-up egomaniac, thinking that with his Death Note that he could rid the world of injustice. But then he starts messing the authorities, and that's when it became clear that he is a despicable person. He's pretty much like Lelouch with one big difference: Lelouch had a very good reason to do what he did even if the approach wasn't exactly without controversy. Light had absolutely no reason to go through all that and to mess with the detectives, which is why Lelouch is loved while Light is loathed.


What separates Light and Lelouch was that Lelouch had morals.
85896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/14 , edited 6/20/14

EatsRainbows wrote:


Bakaneer wrote:

Light Yagami, Death Note. No question that he's a messed-up egomaniac, thinking that with his Death Note that he could rid the world of injustice. But then he starts messing the authorities, and that's when it became clear that he is a despicable person. He's pretty much like Lelouch with one big difference: Lelouch had a very good reason to do what he did even if the approach wasn't exactly without controversy. Light had absolutely no reason to go through all that and to mess with the detectives, which is why Lelouch is loved while Light is loathed.


What separates Light and Lelouch was that Lelouch had morals.


Didn't Lelouch shatter those morals, though?

Also Madara Uchiha for plot hijack.
14407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Essex, UK
Offline
Posted 6/20/14
Aizen from Bleach. Someone like that shouldn't be able to turn sexy and completely alter his appearance with one hair-flip.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.